+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sab is life

Default Sab is life

Can any theorycrafter confirm/deny to me if 54/11/11 is better than the version with 22NB?

I'm aware if you need lethal poison you go with sin, but I mean for maximized damage.

I was also wondering if making 5 charges detonation give bonus damage (over 1-4) would kill 1 button sab, cuz you'd need to manage caltrop dot or w/e other charge type (3 bombs > spam 5 caltrop > detonate).

example:
    1 charge = 1 dmg
    2 charges = 2 dmg
    3 charges = 3 dmg
    4 charges = 4 dmg
    5 charges = 7-8 dmg or w/e multiplier you want to use.

Other than that, increasing Molotov dmg to make it a strong filler would make 61 sab a thing imo.
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

no matter what subsoul combination will be better if some ppl will try it out, 5 charges + fragmentation bomb on cooldown was always superior because you could cause double ticks of any charge with it, although its small, thats why ppl stick to one button sab

I am not aware of any other bonus dmg you get from 5 charges compared to 1-4 charges
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

RIFT Guide Writer

I'd estimate 54/11/11 to be better than 54/22 now. The NB variant lost some of its strength when Heat Retention was changed while ranger and MM have been buffed as subsouls for sab. I haven't theorycrafted it that much since sab is basically just a trash killing spec but I switched to 54/11/11 after trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    I am not aware of any other bonus dmg you get from 5 charges compared to 1-4 charges
    Sorry, I meant as a change for the soul, there is no bonus dmg on 5 charges alone, but making it so, would force people to no 1 button it.
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood

sab needs a whole rework to be anywhere from being a one button spec unfortunately IMHO
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Plane Touched

What do people use on ranged cleave fights if not sab, e.g. King and Prince and Matriarch? I know sab was super important in SL T3, but I felt as if we never ironed out the "best" way to play it. Always felt like I was guess what my priorities should be.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

RIFT Guide Writer

MM for Molinar and 61 NB for Matron assuming that is what you mean by Matriarch. Matron is not a ranged only fight.

Plane Touched

We run a Sab & NB on both Matron and Zilas. We also use multiple Sabs on Estrode.

For King I go MM but we typically have a melee Rogue for lethal.

Plane Touched

Matron is a bit of a quandary. We run a phys.tact, a tactman (for extra power core), a sinsab, a bard and a NB. As for King/Prince, we run 2 phys.tact's, 2 sabs, and a bard since we use the stack and cleave method. On Estrode we run a 38/38 tact phys, a bard, a mm, and 2 sabs. Havent started Zilas yet, so I am not sure of sab will get used there.

Sounds to me that despite the consensus that sab is "bad", it gets used on several of the t2 encounters. Hence my desire to iron out what spec is "best".

RIFT Guide Writer

People use sabs on some bosses but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Every time a sab is used it means the raid composition could be improved. For example on Matron there's not enough adds to warrant more than 3 or 4 dedicated aoe and since clerics and mages don't have as good cleave specs as rogue and warrior that means those spots are filled by stormcallers and cabalists. Then you have warriors as reavers and rogues as NB with one NB/Sin or 61 BD for crit debuff on boss. Stacking more aoe just makes the fight longer.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    People use sabs on some bosses but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Every time a sab is used it means the raid composition could be improved. For example on Matron there's not enough adds to warrant more than 3 or 4 dedicated aoe and since clerics and mages don't have as good cleave specs as rogue and warrior that means those spots are filled by stormcallers and cabalists. Then you have warriors as reavers and rogues as NB with one NB/Sin or 61 BD for crit debuff on boss. Stacking more aoe just makes the fight longer.
    Slightly confused....

Are you saying that rogues should be running NB because it has good cleave, or because it is our highest st with SoD and Draum Ra snap shot?

Regardless, Sab is our only ranged cleaving spec, and since I have been raiding in rift, we have never really had a definitive understanding on what the best way to play it is. Not disagreeing that a sab shouldnt be replaced with a better ranged aoe'er, but sometimes that is not an option.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    Slightly confused....

Are you saying that rogues should be running NB because it has good cleave, or because it is our highest st with SoD and Draum Ra snap shot?

Regardless, Sab is our only ranged cleaving spec, and since I have been raiding in rift, we have never really had a definitive understanding on what the best way to play it is. Not disagreeing that a sab shouldnt be replaced with a better ranged aoe'er, but sometimes that is not an option.
    The way to optimize raid composition for matron is to see how much aoe you need in total. Then you have everyone who can go to efficient cleave specs and if there's any aoe dps missing that you need to keep the adds under control only then you add a dedicated aoer. NB is used on matron because it has good single target dps and it has cleave/aoe while doing it, same goes for reaver.

If you use a sab then it adds inefficiency to the raid composition which makes the kill about half a minute longer per sab or possibly even more since more single target on boss means you can kill the boss with less adds and therefore you need less aoe dps.

Plane Touched

1 button sab will cut your dps down to about half of what it would be otherwise. Anyone who says sab is bad, based on a 1-button build of it, doesn't know what they're talking about.

Actually, I'd bet money that 90% of the time, they've never even played sab another way or are unaware that caltrop charges can be applied without rapid setup.

Ive seen some really good rogues being lazy (1button) and deffiitly not doing 50% of a proper rotation sab, more like 90%.

Ps: don't do drugs, kids.
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood

Out curiosity what is this one macro?
    Just want to know if everyone if using the best one.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast