+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pet won't stealth with the ranger?

Default Pet won't stealth with the ranger?

Or will he? Didn't get high level enough to try.
    I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.

Shadowlander

No it will not.

It's a shame, too! I wonder if they'll allow this? If not all of them can, maybe just the PVP pet?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
    It's a shame, too! I wonder if they'll allow this? If not all of them can, maybe just the PVP pet?
    PVP pet?

err...

Sorry, people that don't play rangers might not know: the dire wolf is especially good in PVP. (more damage, AOE damage, and a chance to cause -30% healing on target)

Plane Touched

hell no! I already want to shot myself everytime that I see a ranger(or any pet class) wasting 8s to summon a useless pet with low dmg in warfronts.
    Last edited by Punisheer; 02-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.

It's not my fault that you don't know how to control your pet. Can't wait to roll you in WFs

Plane Touched

It's not my fault that you don't know how to control your pet. Can't wait to roll you in WFs
    lol ok
    Just saying but I never saw any rogue with the focus in the ranger soul doing more dmg than any rogue with focus in mm, sab or sin in warfronts.

Au contraire. I think that focusing on ranger makes me 100%more mobile and do damage that is completely on par with a marksman. Try ranger/nb/assassin and see how it works for you.

Sabs don't usually do more damage than me in WFs although they typically get more kills for detonating on targets that are half or below.
    Last edited by manekineko; 02-01-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Rift Disciple

Sorry, people that don't play rangers might not know: the dire wolf is especially good in PVP. (more damage, AOE damage, and a chance to cause -30% healing on target)
    I see. Well, the Dire Wolf isn't touted as a PvP pet... it's the DPS pet. And no, it doesn't stealth. As far as I know, none of the pets stealth.

Rift Master

It would be nice if you have a pet and stealth for your pet to stealth. Otherwise... can you leave your pet on "stand by" near? Otherwise... there is an ability to insta-summon your pet.

So if you are into the stealth thing you can stealth up and then insta summon your pet as you open. The insta summon is off the GCD.

I would assume that the raptor at the last ability in ranger will also be oft used in pvp. Switch to the wolf if you need to.

I generally don't play a pet class... but i have nothing against rangers and i like ranged rogue but i am partial to marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowBuddy View Post
    I see. Well, the Dire Wolf isn't touted as a PvP pet... it's the DPS pet. And no, it doesn't stealth. As far as I know, none of the pets stealth.
    Doesn't -30% healing debuff just scream pvp pet to you?

Rift Disciple

Doesn't -30% healing debuff just scream pvp pet to you?
    Yes, seems to be quite targeted toward PvP, but until the leaked beta6 alpha notes go live, there was no previous indication that it was purposely targeted toward PvP. And just because it may now be the PvP DPS pet doesn't mean it's going to stealth when other pets don't. (not that I have anything against pets stealthing, just that they don't currently).
    Last edited by KnowBuddy; 02-01-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Hux

Doubt i'll be playing Ranger on warfronts, simply because i find that there are other souls out there with way more interesting mecanics. Anyway, regardless, giving rangers a "your pet enters stealth when you do" spell somwhere along the ranger tree seems to me like a very good idea (otherwise i can imagine the utility of Rangers falling drastically pvp-wise when most rogues will have stealth (to some extent) in pvp by level 50).
    <Two dead souls meet in the world of the unliving, both have been brutally killed in a blattleground>
    Soul 1: Hey there buddy! Guess you're waiting to respawn as well, huh? How'd you die?
    Soul 2: Nah, just got owned by a arms warrior. How 'bout you?
    Soul 1: Yeah well, so i was standing there doing a ton of damage with my fiery necromancer mage, when this tanky paladin-warrior blinks over to me and starts shooting instant fireballs and ends up getting the killing blow on me with his pet.
    Soul 2: Ah cool... Wait, what?!
    Soul 1: Crazy awesome huh? It's called Rift, welcome to the World of Customization.

Trion. Please fix.

What's the point of having a possible assassin/ranger class combo when your primary focus of the ranger class doesn't mix with the primary focus of the assassin class?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast