+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ebon terror

Shadowlander

Default ebon terror

I have a quick question about 1 skill from Nightblade's arsenal--> Ebon Terror. Description says "..causing the enemy to be disoriented...". What does this "disoriented" status do?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by WuTeBe View Post
    I have a quick question about 1 skill from Nightblade's arsenal--> Ebon Terror. Description says "..causing the enemy to be disoriented...". What does this "disoriented" status do?
    it's like the sin's incapacitate, a stun that break on dmg

Plane Touched

oh my bad it's not lost hope ;D
    but it's a stun =x

Basicly it makes them stagger around in circles for a couple seconds. Actually, I'm not sure that the disorient from Ebon Terror breaks on damage, but it only lasts a couple seconds so it's hard to tell.

I've never had Ebon Terror used on me, so I don't know if it does or not for sure, but NPCs have disorient like effects that make you run in circles and spin your camera around, so it may have some actual "disorienting" effects on players. In general though, once you get Dark Malady you can pretty much take Ebon Terror off of your skillbar, it just doesn't measure up.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

I haven't noticed that it breaks on damage, but the duration is very short.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

It doesn't break on damage.

The animation is similar to blind. The target walks around for 2 sec.

Shadowlander

But well...if it doesn't break on damage...with Ebon Terror being spammable...doesn't it mean perma stun?

it's not spamable, it's only usable from stealth
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

But well...if it doesn't break on damage...with Ebon Terror being spammable...doesn't it mean perma stun?
    It requires stealth. Now if you can perma-stealth, and you could remove diminishing returns, I'm sure 100% you could perma stun your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    Basicly it makes them stagger around in circles for a couple seconds. Actually, I'm not sure that the disorient from Ebon Terror breaks on damage, but it only lasts a couple seconds so it's hard to tell.

I've never had Ebon Terror used on me, so I don't know if it does or not for sure, but NPCs have disorient like effects that make you run in circles and spin your camera around, so it may have some actual "disorienting" effects on players. In general though, once you get Dark Malady you can pretty much take Ebon Terror off of your skillbar, it just doesn't measure up.

-Aglethe
    when you get hit by it your whole screen gets so blurry its extremely hard to target who just hit you with it, it causes a triple vision effect and swaying camera view...
    Last edited by rich1051414; 02-01-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling error

Plane Touched

no because you must to be using stealth

Ascendant

it requires stealth

It's not spammable, it's a stealth opener, ZAM just doesn't list the "Requires Stealth" line on any of either the Night Blade's or Assassin's stealth openers on its soul builder for some reason.

-Aglethe
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

Quote Originally Posted by rich1051414 View Post
    when you get hit by hit your whole screen gets so blurry its extremely hard to target who just hit you with it, it causes a triple vision effect and swaying camera view...
    Huh, interesting to know, that is kinda cool. Thanks =)

-Aglethe

Quote Originally Posted by Aglethe View Post
    Huh, interesting to know, that is kinda cool. Thanks =)

-Aglethe
    yeah me and a guildy from RoM were testing skills on each other, and 'disorient' is definitely an understatement. the actual effect this causes is more devastating then what it does 'on paper' in my opinion. awesome unless people figure out a way to remove the effect...

+ Reply to Thread