+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Stihl
  • 1 Post By ChelequaRom
  • 1 Post By Gilgad
  • 1 Post By Gery

Thread: Weapon swap delay

Question Weapon swap delay

Just your yearly reminder that this still exists.

I'm curious if any progress has been made in regards to ability lag/delay when swapping weapon sets.

4 years in and Rogues still suffer.
    Last edited by Stihl; 04-30-2015 at 04:23 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Just your yearly reminder that this still exists.

I'm curious if any progress has been made in regards to ability lag/delay when swapping weapon sets.

4 years in and Rogues still suffer.
    What I don't get is why it is not fixed. It would be so simple-all damage off either MH or ranged weapon and BD offhands changed to follow up attacks. IT IS ALREADY WORKING FOR WARRIORS111

Ascendant

Would that really fix the problem however? Unless the change would be for all Rogue souls to just 'throw' (I'm speaking in terms of animations not damage calculations) all of their missiles rather than actually firing a bow/gun (I'd honestly really hate that) I'm not sure that change would fix the core problem with weapon swapping.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Would that really fix the problem however? Unless the change would be for all Rogue souls to just 'throw' (I'm speaking in terms of animations not damage calculations) all of their missiles rather than actually firing a bow/gun (I'd honestly really hate that) I'm not sure that change would fix the core problem with weapon swapping.
    The weapon swap lag bug occurs going from a ranged ability to a melee ability-or vice versa. No transition, no bug. Warriors base their ranged attack damage calculation off the MH weapon and have no lag going between melee and ranged. Already. Working. For. Warriors.
    Last edited by ChelequaRom; 05-13-2015 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spellin ;-)

Ascendant

Precisely. But to eliminate this transition it is highly likely you will need to eliminate the characters physically holding their bow/gun when using ranged abilities. Thus the reason that Clerics, Mages and Warriors essentially fire their ranged attacks by swooshing their melee weapons around in the air.

Now, yes, perhaps it is a sacrifice that will have to be made to eliminate this problem but once and for all. Though I personally don't like the idea of launching arrows by thrusting a sword into the air instead of firing a bow/gun I appreciate that others will think it worth the trade off. It's just not something that should be done lightly - or without exploring other methods to fix the issue first.

Hate it when you're playing 61NB and you're using twilight force because you can't get into melee and it swaps weapons for the auto attack. Rip GCD. So stupid.

Telaran

Default worse for bd

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Hate it when you're playing 61NB and you're using twilight force because you can't get into melee and it swaps weapons for the auto attack. Rip GCD. So stupid.
    oh yeah? try playing 61 bladedancer and u get out of mele range > ranged autoatack and your off hand buff is gone not only bye bye gcd but bye bye proper rotation.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by cataria View Post
    oh yeah? try playing 61 bladedancer and u get out of mele range > ranged autoatack and your off hand buff is gone not only bye bye gcd but bye bye proper rotation.
    The offhand buff doesn't disappear if you use a ranged attack, you just can't queue an offhand attack while ranged weapon is active. You can work around it with macros like this:

#show quick strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    startattack
    cast quick strike

+ Reply to Thread