+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blade Dancer / sin /riftstalker build

Soulwalker

Default Blade Dancer / sin /riftstalker build

Heya guys!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0VMfxob0z.VG0h

Any thoughs about this one ? i will mainly go pve. with some pvp once in a while.
    Last edited by zavaz2; 02-02-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm not a fan of builds that split focus between PvP and PvE. You have 4 roles, use them. Make the best PvE build with the souls you want, and then make another for PvP

Shadowlander

your link is nightblade/ riftstalker/assassin.....

I actually plan on doing a Blade Dancer/ Assassin/Riftstalker spec
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VzoMoMd.VG0cbo

i actually plan on using this for pvp since i think the pvp soul is not really worth the trouble. This build gives good Dmg, interupts and survivability

Soulwalker

OK. im a moron lined wrong sepcc.. will fix this when im home from work. soz

Soulwalker

have changed to the correct link now. :P
    hope someone can say what they think about this build. to me it seems pretty good.
    but then again im rly new to this and rly dont know that much about any mmorpgs.. so please help me out here

Soulwalker

Default Assassin Ganker

I wanted to share this build and get opinions and thoughts on it.

The main mission on this toon is pvp. But more so random pvp. I have my trapper set up to use the root trap in case of an emergency and a group comes along I can instant stealth, run n the way of my trap, snare most of the group and take off scott free. I have BS and many other crit multipliers through the nightblade and assassin tree. I want to make this build the best I can so any input is welcome! Here it is:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....bcx0h.EoRbV0z

Soulwalker

The bladedancer bit looks good to me. Riftstalker bit too. But on assassin I would switch a few things.

Take out serrated blades and get puncture. Reason being, if you want a dot on the target, apply a stronger one that gives you 2 combopoints and deals more damage and one you can control. Random dots only mess up your cc abilities and those of others usually. This frees up 2 points.

Then take out 2 points from murderous intents. I know, extra dmg is always nice but you are an assassin and will be stealthing a good amount of time and striking from stealth too. So you take these 2 points off and put 3 of your 4 free points into cloak and dagger which gives you 15% dmg boost for 10s after opening from stealth, plus you receive 15% less damage in those 10s.

The next free point you put into blinding powder which will be very essential to your survival and/or preventing ppl from running when you got your charges and shifts on cooldown.

So now we got a better looking build. BUT I would take out the point from bladedancer called Counterbalance. It is nice to have less exhaustion timer, but the exhaustion timer runs when you start one of your dances, and since yours take 21 seconds, you only have to wait 9s to fire off the next one. Those 10s off wont make much difference. Rather take the point and use it on Foul play in the assassin tree for your 4s stun that you can fire every 30s. This will give you 2 4s stuns which enables you to lock down most melee opponents since those are the main guys who will proc your 4s stun from the bladedancer tree.
    You might take a look at the bottom of the bladedancer tree too and maybe switch hit chance for dodge chance to have this one go off more often, but that is really something minor, maybe we will have hit enhancing stats on gear and dont need the talent later on.

I would make one last change too, and this is considering your priorities... IF you put another point into riftstalker you will get another shift ability called Shadowstalk, which clears cc from your toon and makes you shift behind your target. The dilemma being, you would have to strip one of your highest points in either bladestalker or assassin. This would be dancing steel, improved stealth or foul play. They all look good and useful and it would be a tough choice, but you gain a cc breaker on 45s cooldown plus being able to be more mobile, and the free point could go into rift guard which gives you a better defense when you cannot close the gap to the target for whatever reason, or simply to use it to escape and take less damage while doing so. My first guess would be to cut off Dancing Steel ... you loose a 2min cooldown ability to do ae dmg and make you stun immune over a 4s stun every 30s, having a tool for escaping and taking less damage and a 45s plane shift that removes snares, stuns and roots from your toon.

Choices, choices...

Soulwalker

Thanks for the tips :P

but i think there will be some soul point missin to prossied tp teir 3. dunno if i was rly stupid ( as usual)
    but i will change some stuffs any way. new link will come up.

Edit : here is what i came up with after your tips sheduur ! :P http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0Akbxoboz.VG0h
    Last edited by zavaz2; 02-02-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Soulwalker

bumping this one
    Last edited by zavaz2; 02-03-2011 at 09:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread