+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trick Shot Question

Rift Disciple

Default Trick Shot Question

Was looking over my Ranger abilities and came across Trick Shot. I forgot i even had that ability due to never using it, nor having it on my task bar.

My question is, is it useful? Am i missing out by not using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Was looking over my Ranger abilities and came across Trick Shot. I forgot i even had that ability due to never using it, nor having it on my task bar.

If there are multiple targets around, you can use it to rapidly build combo points and get a lot of twin shots out

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post

you should be playing MM not ranger

(inb4 doing less dps, having less utility, less mobility, while being reliant on a pet, is fun to some)
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-24-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    you should be playing MM not ranger

(inb4 doing less dps, having less utility, less mobility, while being reliant on a pet, is fun to some)
    Ranger still has its places both in PvE and PvP, although its role is centered more around the soling aspects of the game, it is situational as to what you do, naturally, if you are doign a dungeon, raid or something like that, or just mindlessly hiding in back of a zerg in PvP, then MM is far superior, but dont entirely dismiss ranger just yet.

As far trick shot goes, its up there with the most horrible and useless skills in the entire game, in fact its up there with the most horrible and useless skills in the entire genre of this type of games, but I have found some uses for it.

1. You can use it to AOE inturrapt flag / stone caps in PvP, but you should never be runing ranger unless you are solo guarding and are good at it in the 1st place.

2. In some rare instances in the game, when you need to scale down and not use damage, just tag mobs for credit, for example the latest onslought dailies / weeklies, you can use trickshot, so you dont kill your targets.

3. If you want to go full troll mode and intentionally shut down public nightmare rifts even earlier then usual, you go ranger and spam trick shot.

4. If you want to go full troll mode, you get a guild group of 3 people for NTEs, a tank or heals, the other 2 go ranger and spam trickshot, this is hilarious, a real bad prank to play on unsuspecting pugs, I have done it several times, its a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    Ranger still has its places both in PvE and PvP, although its role is centered more around the soling aspects of the game, it is situational as to what you do, naturally, if you are doign a dungeon, raid or something like that, or just mindlessly hiding in back of a zerg in PvP, then MM is far superior, but dont entirely dismiss ranger just yet.

As far trick shot goes, its up there with the most horrible and useless skills in the entire game, in fact its up there with the most horrible and useless skills in the entire genre of this type of games, but I have found some uses for it.

1. You can use it to AOE inturrapt flag / stone caps in PvP, but you should never be runing ranger unless you are solo guarding and are good at it in the 1st place.

2. In some rare instances in the game, when you need to scale down and not use damage, just tag mobs for credit, for example the latest onslought dailies / weeklies, you can use trickshot, so you dont kill your targets.

3. If you want to go full troll mode and intentionally shut down public nightmare rifts even earlier then usual, you go ranger and spam trick shot.

4. If you want to go full troll mode, you get a guild group of 3 people for NTEs, a tank or heals, the other 2 go ranger and spam trickshot, this is hilarious, a real bad prank to play on unsuspecting pugs, I have done it several times, its a blast.
    Ranger has no role in pvp. Soloing? Sin Is Better in every way to solo off points

+ Reply to Thread