+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slip away vs cloak of shadow

Shadowlander

Default Slip away vs cloak of shadow

Hello everyone,

I'm a little bit concerned why a warrior class should have an assasin skill actually way better then assassin's one.

These are obvious pvp skills primary, with limited use in pve, but wouldn't be fair, if warriors cant live without a stealth, to swap them from sin to reaver and viceversa or atleast to have both be the same? (Cd and time in stealth)

Regards all

Telaran

tbh slip away is actually better assasin has hidden viel which is basically ur get away card with slip away also reaver stealth sucks and its bugged alot of the time we get revealed even before the 6s is up so its more like a 2 second stealth rather than a 6s stealth so trust me u dont want our stealth at all we wish we had urs.

Shadowlander

Hidden veil is separate ability.
    It could have other function other then used only in pair with slip away, even if not suggested.
    Also sin's slip away is bugged sometimes and u end up by breaking stealth after 1 sec. Not often but happens.
    But this wasnt the thread.

Is funny first reply came from a warrior then from a rogue.

And i wish to change rift stalker step with dire step if u like

But this again is not the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heri View Post
    Hidden veil is separate ability.
    It could have other function other then used only in pair with slip away, even if not suggested.
    Also sin's slip away is bugged sometimes and u end up by breaking stealth after 1 sec. Not often but happens.
    But this wasnt the thread.

Is funny first reply came from a warrior then from a rogue.

And i wish to change rift stalker step with dire step if u like

But this again is not the thread.
    How would you use hidden veil differently? It's entire purpose is to delay the breaking of stealth

If your stealth doesn't break, you have permanent stealth, meanwhile reavers lasts 6 seconds (or less) regardless
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 04-18-2015 at 03:46 AM.

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Shadowlander

Maybe i didn't explain well.

You can use Hidden Veil simply as a buff (as it is) while u are sneking around to get some flags for example, avoiding the immediate breaking of ur stealth if u accidentaly pass trought a purifier fire wall or mm crossfire ect ect.

And in both replies u assuming that u spend at least 40 points in sin spec to get it.
    Sin/Nb 38/38 for example doesnt have it.
    The point of thread is another btw.

Was a comparation between the 2 skills only:

Slip away= 2 min cd , 3 sec of unbreakable stealth.
    Cloak of shadow= 1.30 min cd , 6 sec of unbreakable stealth.

Assuming them not affected by any bug.

So currently cloak of shadow > slip away.

And since stealth and every related things were born for rogue calling i dont get why other callings should have it better.

My initial question was: okay u want to give warriors a stealth? Ok give to em but a weaker version of the one the rogue calling has born for.
    Last edited by Heri; 04-18-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    If your stealth doesn't break, you have permanent stealth, meanwhile reavers lasts 6 seconds (or less) regardless
    Agree with this, plus, my slip away is usually on cd from using it in the rotation so the duration doesn't really matter because I'm coming right back out of stealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

We are talking about pvp not pve.

And again u miss the point.

Rotation isnt in concern of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heri View Post
    We are talking about pvp not pve.

And again u miss the point.

Rotation isnt in concern of this thread.
    Since you should have Hidden Veil macroed to slip away, increasing the length of slip away would literally do nothing because hidden veil lasts 15s so you're "point" is pointless. It doesn't matter that hidden veil and slip away are separate because slip away should never be used without hidden veil. Now for something like 38/38, you're trying to compare a hybrid build with a 61 point build. If you want the extra 12s, then put the extra 2 points in Assassin. If Trion were to add 3s onto Slip Away, then the reavers would complain that rogues have a 15s slip away and they only have a 6s. Sure Slip Away is an Assassin kind of thing, but you could also say healing is a cleric thing and rogues shouldn't have it. Saying that Rogues are "born" with Slip Away is a poor excuse for the change. Overall it won't change how you play by as much as you think it will. How often do you use Slip Away in 38/38? And of those times how many of those times would those extra 3s saved your life? Not as many as you think.
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

In my opinion, i agree with Heri and skill should be at least swapped between sin and reaver.

Artewig point of view is totally clueless.
    Neither warrior shall heal or mage tank so, and btw, more ridiculous is the concept of ranged warrior like tempest or reaver.
    Furthemore i think he doesnt understand you were comparing 2 skills between them only.

And as he sad if warrior complain they dont have hidden veil so rogue can complain they dont have dire step as you took for example. And yes 3 sec can save your life in pvp. More distance runned more healing received (of course not targetted one) but some healing continue to work like chloros's ones.

Want to know why rogue forums are so empty?

Barely half of them can read and half of those can understand what is written.

Thats why they prefer to stay stealthed.
    Last edited by Ishan1; 04-18-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan1 View Post
    In my opinion, i agree with Heri and skill should be at least swapped between sin and reaver.

Artewig point of view is totally clueless.
    Neither warrior shall heal or mage tank so, and btw, more ridiculous is the concept of ranged warrior like tempest or reaver.
    Furthemore i think he doesnt understand you were comparing 2 skills between them only.

And as he sad if warrior complain they dont have hidden veil so rogue can complain they dont have dire step as you took for example. And yes 3 sec can save your life in pvp. More distance runned more healing received (of course not targetted one) but some healing continue to work like chloros's ones.

Want to know why rogue forums are so empty?

Barely half of them can read and half of those can understand what is written.

Thats why they prefer to stay stealthed.
    My point is that the OP is complaining about something that will barely make a difference simply because "it's not fair" that warriors get an extra 3s of stealth. There are tons of things that aren't fair and the only reason behind changing this is to fit the description of a rogue. There are countless imbalances in this game, some that have a fairly large impact and the OP is asking for something that doesn't make a huge difference simply because of what the OP thinks a rogue should be. If the OP were calling for rogues having the same stealth as warriors, that would be different, but the OP is calling for rogues having a better stealth simply to preserve the image of a rogue. And my point about rogues healing is that the image of a rogue doesn't have to be preserved. That's why mages can tank, warriors and rogues can heal. The entire basis of the OP's argument is that it's not fair. No, my point of view is not clueless and no, I did not misunderstand what the OP was saying. So before you go insulting me, maybe you had better make sure that you understand what I am saying because your response says otherwise.
    Last edited by Artewig; 04-18-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Soulwalker

Not insulting.

If you think 30 sec less cd and 3 sec more stealth arent so much a difference, you can agree with me that shouldn't be a problem swapping them since difference is not even noticeable in your opinion.

It's clear you are defending your warrior.
    Last edited by Ishan1; 04-18-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Not insulting.

If you think 30 sec less cd and 3 sec more stealth arent so much difference you can agree with me that shouldn't be a problem swapping them since difference is not even noteable in your opinion.

Soooo clear that I'm defending the warrior that I don't have. I have a 65 rogue, a 62 cleric, and a 61 mage. Plus a bunch of low level rogues. And my point, once again, is not that they are not that different. My point is that the reason the OP wants it swapped is because "it's not fair". And they could switch it and I would never know. However, it really isn't that big of a problem. You shouldn't have to use slip away more than once every 2 minutes (If you are, then you're running into groups that you can't possibly take on yourself or you have no heals, meaning that you're dead at the end of those 6s) and once again, it's pvp so you shouldn't expect to run in with your pve spec and be just fine. There are alternate specs made entirely for pvp. So put in the 2 points for hidden veil and call it a day. You won't notice the damage difference and Trion won't have to do any extra work. Not to mention your slip away now becomes either more than twice as long as the Reaver's or permanent. If Trion went and fixed everything that "wasn't fair" in the game, there'd be no time to develop new content. Hopefully I made that as clear as I did when defending the warrior I don't have.
    Last edited by Artewig; 04-18-2015 at 10:30 PM.

Not insulting.

If you think 30 sec less cd and 3 sec more stealth arent so much a difference, you can agree with me that shouldn't be a problem swapping them since difference is not even noticeable in your opinion.

It would make some specs so much stronger... as soon as you reduce the cooldown on something that is vital to a specs rotation, it's no longer about just pvp

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

+ Reply to Thread