+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ravenous Instincts: 5% Crit Healing Dmg Bonus

Rift Disciple

Default Ravenous Instincts: 5% Crit Healing Dmg Bonus

My question is, why? Why is that.even there? The.only healing a ranger can do is the pet heal Rejuvenate and Spirit of the Wilderness, yet both of these don't gain anything from the 10% crit healing dmg.

You could argue that other souls may benefit from it, but Ravenous Instincts is so deep into the Ranger soul tree that it wouldn't be viable to spend all them points in the tree just for that small bonus.

When we get the Ranger revamp, is there any chance you could replace this crit healing bonus with something we could use?
    Last edited by Nuadu; 04-13-2015 at 04:12 PM.

It's actually quite good. Check your crit power rating before you apply the buff. Check it again after you apply the buff.

It's 5% cp damage increase.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    It's actually quite good. Check your crit power rating before you apply the buff. Check it again after you apply the buff.

It's 5% cp damage increase.
    I'm not on about the crit power part, I'm on about the crit healing part of Ravenous Instincts
    Last edited by Nuadu; 04-12-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    I'm not on about the crit power part, I'm on about the crit healing part of Ravenous Instincts
    What about it?

It's not like the critical healing bonus is there instead of something else-- it was probably added because it's easier to just code in 5% crit power instead of trying to make sure that it only applies to damaging attacks.

Your post is akin to complaining that Ruthlessness increases the crit chance of heals as well as damaging attacks.

Also, Planar Variation can critically heal, last I checked, and it heals for quite a bit.
    Last edited by Muspel; 04-12-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    What about it?

It's not like the critical healing bonus is there instead of something else-- it was probably added because it's easier to just code in 5% crit power instead of trying to make sure that it only applies to damaging attacks.

Your post is akin to complaining that Ruthlessness increases the crit chance of heals as well as damaging attacks.

Also, Planar Variation can critically heal, last I checked, and it heals for quite a bit.
    Well you shouldn't be playing ranger or using planar variation in pvp. All dps , all the time. Be a man
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-13-2015 at 05:11 AM.

And then there's that whole thing where it's actually 10%
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

It is worded as such to reflect the way the buff works ( a flat +% to crit power which affects all outgoing, both damage and healing).

IIRC it only mentions healing now because somewhere along the way someone complained about it not having an accurate tooltip.
    Last edited by Stihl; 04-13-2015 at 06:37 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Well you shouldn't be playing ranger or using planar variation in pvp. All dps , all the time. Be a man
    Who said anything about PvP?

Rift Disciple

What about it?

If it has to be there due to coding they could at least try and make it useful by making the pet heal Rejuvenate benefit from it.

(If somebody could change the title so that it says 10% instead of 5% id be very grateful.)
    Last edited by Nuadu; 04-13-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Who said anything about PvP?
    Why you need planar variation or ranger in pve?

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Why you need planar variation or ranger in pve?
    Planar Variation is the best mastery for 5-mans (assuming that you have a Chloro for LE), since it can do double duty as a trash-wrecker or a tank saver if the healer goes down.

(Granted, you shouldn't be using Ranger in dungeons right now, but that's more of a tuning problem.)

+ Reply to Thread