+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab Gank

Default Sab Gank

First go at a Sab build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....0VMfdcboz.V0o

This is all theory-crafting at this point. Didn't have much of a chance to try Saboteur out in action.

This build is for solo, open-world PvP. This build is the ******* that drops out of stealth on you when you're alone wandering a zone, trying to farm crafting materials.

The idea is to stealth up to a target and pop them with Incapacitate. Load them up with charges and a time bomb. When the charges go off they should hopefully be at so much of an HP disadvantage that there isn't much they can do to recover. Have stun and blind for when the incapacitate goes off.

For those of you that actually know how to play a Saboteur, please let me know your thoughts as to how this would translate into real life.

Just as a minor note, taking 2 points from Sab (may I suggest Improved Detonate) allows you to start the fun with the nightblade's ranged (but otherwise identical) incapacitate, allowing you to start the party from 20 yards. For this you would give up the silence bomb.

Since charges do no damage, and time bomb does no damage, I'm assuming that they wouldn't break the effect on your target. Since you don't have a ranged auto-attack without using Marksman or Ranger, you would theoretically be able to get all 5 charges and time bomb up with no chance of retaliation. If this works, don't expect it to remain working for very long, but it might be really fun to try while it lasts.

(Need confirmation of things that break incapacitates.)

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenWings View Post
    Just as a minor note, taking 2 points from Sab (may I suggest Improved Detonate) allows you to start the fun with the nightblade's ranged (but otherwise identical) incapacitate, allowing you to start the party from 20 yards. For this you would give up the silence bomb.

Since charges do no damage, and time bomb does no damage, I'm assuming that they wouldn't break the effect on your target. Since you don't have a ranged auto-attack without using Marksman or Ranger, you would theoretically be able to get all 5 charges and time bomb up with no chance of retaliation. If this works, don't expect it to remain working for very long, but it might be really fun to try while it lasts.

(Need confirmation of things that break incapacitates.)
    Hmm, well actually, I'm not sure I ever did bother to try using them on the target I had incapacitated, but I would imagine it would work fine. Neither charges (with the talent) nor Time Bomb put you into combat when you first use them, nor do they turn on your auto attack (even with Ranger or MM) or do any damage, so unless there's something funny about it in PvP, it should work.

-Aglethe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    "He no longer had the youth, the innocence, or the desire to go and fight at a place chosen by his opponents, three duels arranged in ten minutes, in the grounds of the Carmelite convent or wherever the hell it might be. When the time came to say hello, he'd make sure he approached Rochefort with everything in his favor, if possible from behind, with a steel bar in his hand... Corso would settle his debts calmly. Biding his time."

+ Reply to Thread