+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oddiescell

Thread: 61 NB / 15 Sin PvP

Shadowlander

Default 61 NB / 15 Sin PvP

Just curious, does anyone else play NB like this for PvP? Mainly what I do with this is go after Healers or Carriers for a straight DPS burn.
    Soul Tree -> http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#yh4A/wkGlaGFaFl4/x
    Masteries -> Aggressive Defense, Adamant Resolve, Unstoppable, Repetitive Strikes, Energy Manipulation
    Self Buffs -> Ebon Blades, Fell Blades
    CC -> Dark Containment, Blinding Powder
    Defensive CDs -> Twilight Transcendence, Side Steps

My standard way to open is Conceal -> Dark Malady -> DTFS -> DTD -> Dark Descent/SoD -> Living Flame/ToD -> Finishers then rest of builder / finisher spam. I tend to not use Primal/Dusk Strike at all, just Twilight Force to be sure State of Sloth is always on. Energy hasn't often been an issue.

Try 61 NB 12 bladedancer 3 riftstalker. You get the riftstalker blink, side steps, a charge with root, an interrupt+debiliate, 50% movespeed boost, also don't open with death from the shadows, it'll hit much lower than what it could hit with more stacks of heat retention. open with dark malady, twilight force, dusk to dawn, fiery spike, finisher or something (yes that's 6 combo points) (no idea if it's worth dropping that twilight force I almost never pvp, but it increases your damage done to that target by 10%)

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Shadowlander

Lol well the point is to try and kill them before anyone can react appropriately, so within 8s tbh. I could see the rupt being nice, but the +15/-15 done/taken from Sin coming out of stealth is pretty big.
    The blink would be nice, but NB has one already, not that I would mind a second though, haha. And I generally run 0 BD for sidesteps as is. And generallllllly with Sloth, runspeed isn't really needed for chasing, though maybe for getting away! It's a little different from pve, as in you can't just stand there and expect them to eat your rotation haha.

I use the 12 bd/3 rs build. If you want to light up a healer, the interrupt will help. Also, if you're in a 1v1 situation and don't have anything to LoS, the ability to interrupt their burst will give you the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by QuexFehftir View Post
    Lol well the point is to try and kill them before anyone can react appropriately, so within 8s tbh. I could see the rupt being nice, but the +15/-15 done/taken from Sin coming out of stealth is pretty big.
    The blink would be nice, but NB has one already, not that I would mind a second though, haha. And I generally run 0 BD for sidesteps as is. And generallllllly with Sloth, runspeed isn't really needed for chasing, though maybe for getting away! It's a little different from pve, as in you can't just stand there and expect them to eat your rotation haha.
    with 61 nb you'll kill anyone before they react appropriately regardless, the problem is what happens after that, you can't re-stealth to get away, you gotta continue fighting with what you have, 12 bd/3 rs is just so much more versatile and will still kill anyone regardless

Prophet of Telara

You arent going to kill anybody in NB within few sec, unless they have very low max hp, lack items in the slots or are already dmged and heavily debuffed while you got bis gear and raid cds. Not to mention you're useless right after, since NB have crappy sustained dps. Stacks of Fiery spike can be cleansed.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    You arent going to kill anybody in NB within few sec, unless they have very low max hp, lack items in the slots or are already dmged and heavily debuffed while you got bis gear and raid cds. Not to mention you're useless right after, since NB have crappy sustained dps. Stacks of Fiery spike can be cleansed.
    seems you underestimate nb

you won't kill EVERYONE that quickly, but if you get your burst right with dark malady, most dps will drop asap, and healers don't always take too long either
    Last edited by ILikeOranges; 04-14-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Shield of Telara

Never thought I'd see the day a person insulted nb burst. This guy's insane.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day a person insulted nb burst. This guy's insane.
    With all the inqs and mm you will get purged non stop. There are very few playing mm for a reason. You are better off as sin for point control if your goal is winning wfs

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    With all the inqs and mm you will get purged non stop. There are very few playing mm for a reason. You are better off as sin for point control if your goal is winning wfs
    Saying nb is incapable of bursting somebody down, and saying it will get purged by all the inq and mm are completely different points, every (almost) spec can be countered and has its weaknesses, but that doesn't mean nb can't burst people down

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    Saying nb is incapable of bursting somebody down, and saying it will get purged by all the inq and mm are completely different points, every (almost) spec can be countered and has its weaknesses, but that doesn't mean nb can't burst people down
    im not saying that, im just saying outside of that burst window what are you doing? better off playing mm or sin if your goal is to help the team win the match.

Shadowlander

Dunno lol, I play 15 Sin with NB as per title here, and you wouldn't believe how much damage you are able to deal out/ eat during C & D, I can pop out of stealth in the middle of a crowd and kill someone, eat some insane amount of damage using twilight tran/side steps, and occassionally make it out alive. All the time Im not in burst window, i'm generally in respawn timer because I just dropped a flag/rune carrier.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by QuexFehftir View Post
    Dunno lol, I play 15 Sin with NB as per title here, and you wouldn't believe how much damage you are able to deal out/ eat during C & D, I can pop out of stealth in the middle of a crowd and kill someone, eat some insane amount of damage using twilight tran/side steps, and occassionally make it out alive. All the time Im not in burst window, i'm generally in respawn timer because I just dropped a flag/rune carrier.
    side steps is the biggest waste of a pvp ability, it only works in pve

Shadowlander

I use something very similar, its 61nb, 11 sin, 4 rs. gives you an extra teleport and a nice endurance boost without having to compromise any burst damage. its great for teleporting behind groups while staying in stealth. helps to avoid those obnoxious AoE's that knock you out of conceal.

+ Reply to Thread