+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bard Tests for Next Beta

Rift Disciple

Default Bard Tests for Next Beta

Bard Tests

Lotís of confusion out there on how the Bard works. What soul talents work with what, does spell power work better then melee attack, what type of weapon to use, etc, etc, etc.

What Iím proposing here is a serious of tests the Bard can do for the next upcoming Beta and if we can figure things out.

Weapons Ė Which Slot
    Points only in Bard Soul. No points elsewhere. Bard only uses Weapons with no +stats on them. Main Hand, Off Hand, and Range Weapons all have different damage ranges for this test. One of the weapons should have a Higher damage range but a lower DPS then one of the other weapons.

What answers Bards seek.
    Does it matter which slot the weapon is in?
    Is a higher damage range on a weapon better then the DPS of the Weapon?

Using Cadence Only (on target dummies in main city)
    Base line Test Ė No Weapons equipped: Average Damage =

All Weapons Equipped: Average Damage =

Main Hand Weapon Only Equipped: Damage Range: DPS: Average Damage =

Off Hand Weapon Only Equipped: Damage Range: DPS: Average Damage =

Ranged Weapon Only Equipped: Damage Range: DPS: Average Damage =

Other Souls.
    Now that you have a base line. Try adding other souls into the mix and compare numbers. Please post what other souls you used. Most of the other soul talents only work on finishers so you might want to try the same tests using Coda of Wrath and get the average.

+Spell Power vs +Melee Damage
    Lots of debate over this. What itís starting to look like is that Cadence might use both.
    Since the Bardís Songs use both Weapon + Life damage.

Tests Ė
    Do the same tests as above but equip Runes and/or Rift stones that add +melee damage or +Spell damage.

Please post your results so we can compare.

PS. Any other tests people can thing of to help us figure out whatís what with the Bard?

PSS. I tossed this together at work in between jobs so I know I forgot / made mistakes on stuff.

Shadowlander

hmmm... nice idea. I did ask around about these things without testing it myself. Will test those in next beta as soon as i reach level cap

Shadowlander

can motif of regeneration and coda of restoration crit? and if so are they affected by melee/phyiscal crit from dex or spell crit from int?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    can motif of regeneration and coda of restoration crit? and if so are they affected by melee/phyiscal crit from dex or spell crit from int?
    they can crit, and from my experience when regen does crit, it crits throughout the duration. Pretty op

Cloth +int and +wis gear is easy to craft, I was planning on trying a set of that as well as what you outlined above with the weapons. Also, +spellpower daggers (also easily crafted) are an probably the easiest way to get spellpower, I think for +attack power might be easiest to use riftstalker soul.
    Bards, we make your BIG numbers BIGGER!*

*Bold, italicized, or underlined numbers neither implied nor guaranteed. Some users have reported an increase in font size after using Bards, your results may vary.
    Talk to your doctor before use to make sure you are healthy enough for Bards. In the case of an increase in font size lasting more than 4 hours, submit feedback
    immediately as you could be experiencing a bug and risk suffering permanent psycological damage when the bug is fixed. Possible side effects of Bards include but
    are not limited to toe-tapping, insomnia, getting really annoying songs and jingles stuck in your head for days, and feelings of inadequacy when not around Bards.
    Always use Bards responsibly, and know when to say when.

Fun idea to test, though I'd skip the +spell power part; all rogue abilities are based off dex and attack power. It's the same way that all Riftblade soul abilities are based off attack power, even though some of them are purely elemental damage.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man ó man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Shadowlander

There are alot of us doing tests come friday

Cadence doesn't use both it uses spell dmg as of beta 5.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Soulwalker

I actually tested spelldmg in beta 5 with cadence, and it dident do anything, had over 200 spelldmg

Does it matter which slot the weapon is in?
    No

Is a higher damage range on a weapon better then the DPS of the Weapon?
    Currently yes it matters, higher damage range is more important. However once weapon normalization is done the DPS of the weapon will be what your looking for.
    Last edited by Drekor; 02-03-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonC View Post
    I actually tested spelldmg in beta 5 with cadence, and it dident do anything, had over 200 spelldmg
    Yea I'm gonna say no you never did.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by mavik View Post
    Bard Tests

Using Cadence Only (on target dummies in main city)
    Base line Test Ė No Weapons equipped: Average Damage =
    Where are the testing dummies? I looked around for some and never found any.

Rift Chaser

There are dummies in Meridian by the ranger trainers. To the left of the main entrance if you are heading in.

I tested Cadence without any equip or buff with like 60 atk power from strenght/dex and it was hitting mobs for 30-35

Then I equipped all my items and buffed up to 300atk power trough dex/strenght and It was hitting for 50-55

Ps: target dummies are too high lvl atm, you cant test anything on em, its just miss,miss,miss and more miss and when you actually manage to hit them it is for 10dmg... plase trion, add a target dummy for every 10 lvl
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-03-2011 at 06:17 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    You might be the world best pvp bard...but for the love of god, revisitate your build, its awful.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 02-03-2011 at 06:23 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast