+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Physical Crit and other stats

Rift Disciple

Default Physical Crit and other stats

I've just restarted playing after a year out and i have a few questions. For a dps rogue is the rule still to go for

crit power>attack power>dex>physical crit

Also do i still ignore physcial crit due to it not offering much per point? And whats the new caps on crit power etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    I've just restarted playing after a year out and i have a few questions. For a dps rogue is the rule still to go for

crit power>attack power>dex>physical crit

Also do i still ignore physcial crit due to it not offering much per point? And whats the new caps on crit power etc?
    Yeah stack Crit Power until soft cap. That's about 3125 with feast and sigil and about 40% if you hover over it. After that it's pretty much stack AP. Dex gives phys crit, so if you are focusing on CP/AP, you shouldn't really bother with phys crit. That being said, while you're leveling, I would use any gear that has better stats overall even if it's a loss of CP. And when you start raiding, the first raid gloves dropped, for example, are phys crit, so those would be an upgrade.

The general rule though is CP>AP. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Yeah stack Crit Power until soft cap. That's about 3125 with feast and sigil and about 40% if you hover over it
    Whats the soft cap without feast and sigil?

Cheers for the info by the way

Plane Touched

Certain CP heavy pieces can be good though (PvP ring, earring, and cape) but I generally
    wouldn't recommend relying on PvP gear for CP softcap - (3120-45)/1.03, especially hit pieces. The PvP loot table is also absolutely massive (with a plethora of different stat variants, including pieces that favor endurance over mainstat), so it's not something that can really be relied upon for gearing up.

It may also be worth noting that some of the store bought pieces are BiS on top of having interchangeable stats (e.g - the CP gloves, which are actually better than the Pumpkin gloves).

Certain pieces also convert better than others (e.g the AP shoulders which are good, but the AP belt is pretty bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Whats the soft cap without feast and sigil?

Cheers for the info by the way
    There's been a good deal of debate about this, but from the testing I've done I tend to lean towards 3120 which would be 2985 without feast/sigil.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nebucent View Post
    There's been a good deal of debate about this, but from the testing I've done I tend to lean towards 3120 which would be 2985 without feast/sigil.
    So the soft cap is 2985, and the feast and sigil ignore the cap and bump it to 3120? Or is the cap 3120 regardless? Like could i get to 3120 by just equiping armor/weapons etc?
    Last edited by Nuadu; 04-08-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Plane Touched

The softcap is 3120.

Shield of Telara

Soft cap is 3120ish but no reason to go that far because a feast will put you at that mark. Around 2950cp with max ap/sp is best. At that point ap/sp is generally better because crit typically comes easy from talents.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

+ Reply to Thread