+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Instruments

Soulwalker

Default Bard Instruments

Hi guys, first post.

When Rift launches i plan to make my main a Bard because its a role i've never played before (i'm usually dps) but not one that i've just discovered, i 've always wanted to play a Bard class in other mmo's (EQ) but never got round to it.

I know it's close to launch so my suggestions will just be taken as such but in case of possible future expansions i'm just curious about the Bards instruments they use. I know from playing the Beta they at least have a lute/mandolin and a trumpet, i've only managed to reach lv 14 on my Bard so far and wanted to know if they have any more diversity in their instruments at higher levels?

If not then here are a few suggestions for Trion for maybe an expansion or even a patch.

The Vielle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPKhB...eature=related

The Bagpipes and Drums (rare acendent of warrior calling playing pipes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84uMc...eature=related

Tamborine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nolLaUhx_SM

Again they're only suggestions and thought because the Bard is an entertainer/performer at heart these instruments would work well in that medieval fantasy setting.

Please tell me what you think people, anyone else have good ideas? Or is what i'm saying a crock of sh*t and you like it the way it is?

we dont' actually equip instruments that I have seen.

it's more just apart of the graphic of the abilities.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

They have been adjusting the quality of music and volume so I don't see why they wouldn't add some instrument animations. I'd guess with an expansion when they add new abilities would be the best bet for them to add a new instrument but you never know. Personally I'd prefer they work on balance and end game so close to release.

Edit: Wow. I skimmed your post the first time I read it, then went back and read it after I posted and realized how useless my post is. Need a delete option.
    Last edited by Xyras; 02-01-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    a grain of sand

I want an electric guitar tbh...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    we dont' actually equip instruments that I have seen.

it's more just apart of the graphic of the abilities.
    yeah thats what i'm talking about, just a another graphic and little song, i'm not talking about the addition of an in game weapon/item thats an instrument (hmmm... even though that'll be totally cool)

I want drums for AoE.

+ Reply to Thread