+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New rogue here!

Soulwalker

Default New rogue here!

I got this game at release and played for about a month and left. Well I'm back and I want to play a rogue. It's my favorite "typical" class, but I'm not sure which spec I should primarily focus on. So I'm posting here for thoughts and comments. So here's what I'm looking for:

- Must be melee based.
    - OK survivability. I'm not looking to tank but I don't want to be that squishy either. I'm good at hitting cooldowns though and am OK with using that when tings get a little rough.
    - Not a one trick pony. I don't like rogues who after that first initial attack they're pretty weak until they can stealth and hit that excellent attack from stealth again.
    - Self heals are a plus but not 100% necessary.

I don't know if I'll raid or not yet, this is just more for leveling and such. I'll figure out the raiding thing later. I was looking at bladedancer but I'm not sure. So any suggestions on specs that come close to what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Xeres; 03-30-2015 at 06:31 AM.

First of all, welcome back! Hopefully I can help you out.

Not sure what you know so far, but there are two new souls for Rogues: Physician and Tactician. Physician is a strong single target healing spec and Tactician is a support spec that really isn't used outside of hybrids and sub souls. However, these two souls have very much changed leveling because they both can provide healing with a minimal amount of points put in. They are both paid, so without them, you might suffer a little, but still doable. Personally I have never been the type to level melee, but there are a few options that I've seen floating around. Not sure what level you are, but bladedancer generally becomes viable at around 50. Before that, it's still usable, just not the most effective. But here's the generally recognized Bladedancer soloing build: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ing-build.html

It does have Tactician, so if you do not want to purchase the soul, you can substitute bard for the 8% increase in base health (If anyone has a better idea as to how to go without Tactician for this spec, let me know, just what I would do).

A couple other specs as well:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ct-needed.html

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ling-spec.html

I suggest you check them out and see what you like. Good luck and happy leveling!
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-30-2015 at 07:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

From level 1-49, put 4 points in Tactician (for Curative Engine), 8 points in Riftstalker (for Boosted Recovery), and the rest into Nightblade.

At level 50 and above, use the Bladestalker preset. Bladedancer simply isn't functional until you reach that point, since you'll have gaping holes in the dance rotation pre-50.

Soulwalker

Thanks guys! There's a bunch here to read on the ride home from work!

+ Reply to Thread