+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By N3okorrales

Thread: New Rouge in the House......

Soulwalker

Question New Rouge in the House......

Hey Gang, I'm fairly new to rift I've only dabbled in its dark arts lol but I've come to the conclusion that i love a ranged Rogue and was wondering what was a good starter Class/Spec. i want to be able to survive soloing and be able to pull decent-to good numbers in Dungeons/raids when i get there. right now I'm rolling Huntsmen simple cause it sounded cool gave me a pet and a gun lol hunter simplicity at its finest. It would be awesome if folks would be willing to pass out some Ranged Rogue Secrets specs rotations and all that jazz. Thanks and look forward to playing or talking with ya: cool2:
    Wise men say forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza!!

Prophet of Telara

For lvling utill lvl 60 i'd recommend using Bard / RS / Tact (or one of the following Sin / NB / Ranger / Phys if you dont have tact soul)

Bard dps and survivality is better than Ranger's until lvl 60, less issues with target swapping and no pet managment.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouge_(cosmetics)

Or is this like a Moulin Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouge_(cosmetics)

Or is this like a Moulin Rogue?
    Another French Red...

Telaran

With rogue classes at least, it's pretty much a rule that if you use it well for soloing and leveling, it won't work well in a raid.

Leveling/soloing: Ranger, Bladedancer, Nightblade

Dungeons/raids: Marksman, Assassin, Nightblade/Assassin hybrid. Please, PLEASE make sure you know at least one of these specs before you start queuing for dungeons.

Rift Disciple

If you dont have Bladedancer for dungeons and raids you are seriously Gimping yourself, its amazing on Ungolok and Trio, and its even better for Trash packs in Dungeons its has the Highest AE burst in the game. and 61NB Once you have enough Gear is pretty amazing to, Its burst is absolutely ridiculous (its technically our Highest ST burst when you are doing the opener) they both have their Niches If you only have MM, Assasin, NB/SIn you are ill say it again seriously Gimping yourself.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    If you dont have Bladedancer for dungeons and raids you are seriously Gimping yourself, its amazing on Ungolok and Trio, and its even better for Trash packs in Dungeons its has the Highest AE burst in the game. and 61NB Once you have enough Gear is pretty amazing to, Its burst is absolutely ridiculous (its technically our Highest ST burst when you are doing the opener) they both have their Niches If you only have MM, Assasin, NB/SIn you are ill say it again seriously Gimping yourself.
    what?

Ungolock nbsin or 61nb, triplets 61nb all the way to china.

Rift Disciple

I agree with the 61 NB for those fights now, But when fresh on Ungolok 61BD with Planar Variation was pretty ridiculous Adds died super quick and you were still dealing decent dmg to the Boss (this was before the Change to Heat retention)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Anmoa View Post
    I agree with the 61 NB for those fights now, But when fresh on Ungolok 61BD with Planar Variation was pretty ridiculous Adds died super quick and you were still dealing decent dmg to the Boss (this was before the Change to Heat retention)
    BD was never worth using on ungolock before or after heat retention fix. St dps is too low if you compare it to nbsin, and theres not enough cleaving to make BD AoE worth.

Soulwalker

Been trying to figure out a spec myself, not gonna lie I've looked over some of the spec that have been mentioned, I'm just wondering how you all manage to use so many buttons? Extra fingers ? either way I've yet to be able to figure out any of the melee specs well enough for have a "Grand Master" sow me the ways!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Breaknex View Post
    Been trying to figure out a spec myself, not gonna lie I've looked over some of the spec that have been mentioned, I'm just wondering how you all manage to use so many buttons? Extra fingers ? either way I've yet to be able to figure out any of the melee specs well enough for have a "Grand Master" sow me the ways!
    I have a g600 with 19 keybinds on it plus Q-E-R-F-G-Caps and some Shift+" " combinations. If you dont have that kind of mouse, try to keybind around WASD or use TFGH to move and keybind around it. Start with a couple keybinds(like 3-4) and when you fell you are used to them add more slowly.

+ Reply to Thread