+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Masteries and Crystals

Default Masteries and Crystals

Trying to figure out the differences in the 64 masteries. Which one would be best for each of the following specs:

38/38 nb/sin
    61 Assassin
    61 Marksman

And also, which crystal should I use? I have both Warmasters and Slayers, but I am particularly bad at parsing and don't see much of a difference between the two. My stats (in 61 Assassin, being my main spec) are as follows:

Dex: 7276
    AP: 11365
    CP: 3050

If someone could explain which I should use and why, I'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-14-2015 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Trying to figure out the differences in the 64 masteries. Which one would be best for each of the following specs:

38/38 nb/sin
    61 Assassin
    61 Marksman

And also, which crystal should I use? I have both Warmasters and Slayers, but I am particularly bad at parsing and don't see much of a difference between the two. My stats (in 61 Assassin, being my main spec) are as follows:

Dex: 7276
    AP: 11365
    CP: 3050

If someone could explain which I should use and why, I'd really appreciate it.
    Repetitive Strikes for all 3, warmasters crystal for all 3:

Repetitive Strikes because:

1) Expose weakness up to 60 seconds, saves you 18 energy every minute, an extra dusk strike or so in nb/sin
    2) The 60 second duration lets you put it up on two targets where needed so on target swaps you aren't doing 6% less damage for a bit
    3) the 6% flat damage from repetitive strikes >>> timed focus. Timed focus won't do 6% of your dps
    4) Timed focus is a stacking ability on your target, so it's bad for target swaps

Warmasters because:

The 350 AP affects both builders and finishers, whereas the 5% damage only affects builders. That 5% isn't actually 5% flat damage, it's more like 2% or something small, so the 350 AP is higher overall dps for now. Slayers WILL scale higher with better gear eventually however

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post

1) Expose weakness up to 60 seconds, saves you 18 energy every minute, an extra dusk strike or so in nb/sin
    2) The 60 second duration lets you put it up on two targets where needed so on target swaps you aren't doing 6% less damage for a bit
    3) the 6% flat damage from repetitive strikes >>> timed focus. Timed focus won't do 6% of your dps
    4) Timed focus is a stacking ability on your target, so it's bad for target swaps

Warmasters because:

The 350 AP affects both builders and finishers, whereas the 5% damage only affects builders. That 5% isn't actually 5% flat damage, it's more like 2% or something small, so the 350 AP is higher overall dps for now. Slayers WILL scale higher with better gear eventually however
    Doesn't it say on the slayers crystal, Builders AND Finishers gain 5% increase?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Doesn't it say on the slayers crystal, Builders AND Finishers gain 5% increase?
    No, only builders and its not 5% its roughly a 2% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post

Warmasters because:

Alright, thank you! That makes sense. I would ask on crossevents and get one answer and ask the next day and get another.

Rift Disciple

Personally, Ive found the Slayers to be a bigger boost in MM then the Warmasters. Just cause you dont have alot of "Free dmg" Like NB/Sin or Sin which has alot of DoTs that benifit from the AP more then the 5% dmg increases. Since MM Is literally Heavy hitting Builders and Finishers the Slayers Crystal parses more for me. also on For MM on Fights where the boss has some type of Dmg modifier say like Threngar or Johan Through the Ether parses more because its 7% Dmg that isnt affected by Resists and the like and since again MM is Pretty much ALL Builders and Finishers with a minor amount of dmg from Weapon enchantments the Through the Ethers is better for those fights. On dummy parses though Through the Ethers is only just below Repetative. Its Odd to say the least

Soulwalker

I have a few questions as to the PVE. In 3.0 I have not been on any raids.
    64 Mastery: When you have 3 parts pvp and 20 percent Ethereal damage.
    What comes in the raid better repetitive strikes or timed focus.?
    In practice dummy, me is coming out as well.
    This concerns the specs NB / sin but also 61MM.

The second question concerns PROGRAMMES:
    WTFast
    BattlePing
    Whether one uses them. C have good contribution to the PVE and PVP whether it is worth
    used to RIFT.
    Excuse me for my English.

Quote Originally Posted by Elip View Post
    I have a few questions as to the PVE. In 3.0 I have not been on any raids.
    64 Mastery: When you have 3 parts pvp and 20 percent Ethereal damage.
    What comes in the raid better repetitive strikes or timed focus.?
    In practice dummy, me is coming out as well.
    This concerns the specs NB / sin but also 61MM.

The second question concerns PROGRAMMES:
    WTFast
    BattlePing
    Whether one uses them. C have good contribution to the PVE and PVP whether it is worth
    used to RIFT.
    Excuse me for my English.
    That 20% Ethereal damage refers to the proc on pvp weapons, it only boosts that, not all ethereal damage. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Repetitive strikes in raid always

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

+ Reply to Thread