+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Riftician (rogue tanking hybrid with PC)

Plane Walker

Cool The Riftician (rogue tanking hybrid with PC)

The Riftician
    Rogue tanking hybrid with power core!

http://s16.postimg.org/7sz39ocw3/2015_03_14_004710.jpg

So i just wanted to share my hybridbuild ive been using the lately, if your almost fully t1 geared it works on all t1 raids.
    Sacrifices a little bit of mitigation and a little bit of hitpoints but is still strong and can still take big hits.
    Works well on all bossfights, even Izkinra, increases the dps of the raid and gives you some funny abilities.

So why do you wanna use it?
    Well why not? If your that good geared.
    You still have the good stuff from riftstalker and takes out stuff like "rift prison", hasted time and stalker phase wich ive personally hardly uses.

The build is 44 rs 32 tactician
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t...kEExkkg/B|PsTw

I also use saboteur to get Adhesive bomb.
    You can also use *** for a small dps buff.

- Buffs im using
    Guardian Phase (ofc)
    Planebound Resilience
    Necrotic Engine

What i have on my bars are these + the macros
    - Curative Blast
    - Guarded Steel
    - Wrath of the Planes
    - Shadow Shift
    - Planar Disruption
    - Memory Capture
    - Flashback

- Planar Refuge
    - Barrier Remote
    - Defer Death
    - And i also have the tanking trinket from RoF for an extra shield and planar variation at selfcast.

- Macros im using -

- Builder 1 -
    #show Planar Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Planar Strike
    cast Empyrean Bolt
    - Builder 2 -
    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk
    - Power Core -
    #show Power Core
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Power Core
    raid -> Power Core up, +10% dmg for 15s!
    - Cores -
    #show Curative Core
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Battle Remote
    cast Curative Core
    cast Necrotic Core
    Here are some Karuul Alerts, if you are using that.

- Power Core -
    KA:PT - PC:aIsr9eNotjssKwyAQRX+lX9BqElrlrvISuiklpDtBrDEghC QkQkm/viplZnHuMJwZ
    UPRYJ33YDVnAHgLP5WO3U71sFqWoxI2zjFdZ0zBeEhDQsCIQqX OjR6O9vsjXXeq3m5w/lDPLvEuv
    jXfG6VmtUadM0KnveRh20JwQsIKgYLFpKNTto2+7SDSpc5Ke+Y 9TutJ0VvwAV/s1EA
    - Necrotic Core -
    KA:PT - NC:a3l6meNo1jsEKgzAMhl9lT7A161Y3ctJqYRcP0t2E0tUOAm KH9uLbL8rGnx/+hPAl
    CGjxM/o1zrhFw25jmFOmcNBpjliaqqhBFpVUpYazuiJw8aJBweronbH2 2Z/656P3Lxopr45CmpY+
    +8AY8pObfkgXGHkchgVBCoF39uW2FbBQN61tui3BzpaCv7H/8d6p/az5AkA+Nmg
    - Curative Core -
    KA:PT - NC:a3l6meNo1jsEKgzAMhl9lT7A161Y3ctJqYRcP0t2E0tUOAm KH9uLbL8rGnx/+hPAl
    CGjxM/o1zrhFw25jmFOmcNBpjliaqqhBFpVUpYazuiJw8aJBweronbH2 2Z/656P3Lxopr45CmpY+
    +8AY8pObfkgXGHkchgVBCoF39uW2FbBQN61tui3BzpaCv7H/8d6p/az5AkA+Nmg
    - Curative Blast -
    KA:PT - CB:al0jgeNo1jtEKgzAMRX9lX7C16pyQJ1ct7GUP4t6EklUHAe ekZgP/fqlsnFy4CSE3
    oKGFecR1CBCtFZl3QKbPsDuPuDCU1hzrqsrTokz0SScGlKxaQQ kNPRgqZDx0t0uHdxqJV0f+NS0d
    o2fyhJPzv5NuDvQcgsN93y+gk0xBIcqKWFoAU1/buokupihIlXzU/sdbl2/R9guDiTh1

Happy hunting guys and girls.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Plane Walker

That for the guide but no reason to cross post and it is frowned upon.

Plane Touched

I can see it now, an influx of rookie tanks pick up this guide because it's the first thing they see and didn't catch the many hints that it's for massively overgeared tanks only.

Most tanks will pick up extra trash packs at this point, but not this tank, no. instead they want to take over the support's job too. Nothing wrong with that, except maybe mention more explicitly that that's what you're doing rather than dooming a bunch of people to being unable to maintain threat on fights where they shouldn't be having any problems whatsoever.

edit: TL/DR = This isn't a tanking hybrid, it's a support build with tanky features for speed runs through experts, for people who already have full raid gear and just want to get those things over with.
    Last edited by Quwo; 03-13-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Plane Walker

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Quwo View Post
    I can see it now, an influx of rookie tanks pick up this guide because it's the first thing they see and didn't catch the many hints that it's for massively overgeared tanks only.

Most tanks will pick up extra trash packs at this point, but not this tank, no. instead they want to take over the support's job too. Nothing wrong with that, except maybe mention more explicitly that that's what you're doing rather than dooming a bunch of people to being unable to maintain threat on fights where they shouldn't be having any problems whatsoever.

edit: TL/DR = This isn't a tanking hybrid, it's a support build with tanky features for speed runs through experts, for people who already have full raid gear and just want to get those things over with.
    Well if they cant read the topic and the actual text in there then they will probably notice that they arnt ready for it. And problems holding threat? Who have you been playing with.

And why is it just for experts? Ive tanked the raids with it and its totally fine.

Aenomaly - Draenor
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Plane Touched

1 comment and 1 question

Build seems very interesting....

Comment:
    I dont like putting ranged attacks in my spam macro. The 20m on planar is more than enough (imo), and it avoids the stupid ranged weapon bug (also you get splash attack from ranged which is awesome). Especially in this case where empyrean bolt is a channel cast.

Question:
    Why the 0 points in sab?

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

Plane Walker

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    1 comment and 1 question

Build seems very interesting....

Comment:
    I dont like putting ranged attacks in my spam macro. The 20m on planar is more than enough (imo), and it avoids the stupid ranged weapon bug (also you get splash attack from ranged which is awesome). Especially in this case where empyrean bolt is a channel cast.

Question:
    Why the 0 points in sab?
    Yeah i understand that some might not like the ranged abilities in their macro, ill just have it in there since sometimes switch the masteries depending on situation and i havnt really had a problem with it being cast over the the 20 meter abis. And no Empyrean Bolt is an instant cast, Empyrean Ray tho, is a channeled finisher.

Like i said i just have it to get the Adhesive bomb, you can go with assassin instead to get a buff instead.

Aenomaly - Draenor

+ Reply to Thread