+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assa/Bard/Rift for PvP

Rift Disciple

Default Assa/Bard/Rift for PvP

Hello all,

excuse my bad spelling because english is not my motherspeach.
    First: Ii was having allot of fun in DAOC with Infiltraor, Nightshade, Bard. I am Trying to combine all those 3 diffrent chars in one.

Here is the Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zczo.EczoV0soo

have perma stealth with 120% (100 +20% extra) walkingspeed
    have allot of CC , stunns, snare, blinds, mezz
    have 2 teleports to the target + 1 to escape
    have allot of defence, + heal, HoT (me and some for grp)
    have allot of nice buffs - 20% speed in fight, + stats, atck power

Now the question is - Still enough damage from the assa tree? Got some stat buffs, Atck buff, poisons etc.

I dont wanne play a full support (boring for me) or full dd (most time easy and boring)

you think a build like this would work in 1v1 and smallscale pvp?

Thanks for advice
    Viashivan
    Last edited by Viashiva; 02-01-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Soulwalker

got halfway through writing a very similar thread when i found this one... it seems like it would work quite effectively in 1v1, but in group pvp i'm just worried about the damage... but yeha, i'm keen to see if people have actually used it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Viashiva View Post
    Hello all,

excuse my bad spelling because english is not my motherspeach.
    First: Ii was having allot of fun in DAOC with Infiltraor, Nightshade, Bard. I am Trying to combine all those 3 diffrent chars in one.

Here is the Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zczo.EczoV0soo

have perma stealth with 120% (100 +20% extra) walkingspeed
    have allot of CC , stunns, snare, blinds, mezz
    have 2 teleports to the target + 1 to escape
    have allot of defence, + heal, HoT (me and some for grp)
    have allot of nice buffs - 20% speed in fight, + stats, atck power

Now the question is - Still enough damage from the assa tree? Got some stat buffs, Atck buff, poisons etc.

I dont wanne play a full support (boring for me) or full dd (most time easy and boring)

you think a build like this would work in 1v1 and smallscale pvp?

Thanks for advice
    Viashivan
    I don't feel like the bard soul matches well with assassin. Assassins are more melee damage and the bard's cadence prevents you from doing that. The damage scaling that I have seen on Cadence so far is pretty poor also. I would probably invest more into the other two souls. I would go a little more this route. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.VGzczo.thzVz I have enough in bard to get up to the str/dex anthem and put more into assassin for better damage output. Bard looses out on mez, but you gain a lot more melee capability. Having a bard with a stealth group would be cool, but find someone willing to main bard and sub a stealth soul.

lgw

Agreed.

If anything, as melee guy throttle back on the healing parts of the Bard. Motif is easy enough maintained while not in the furball, you still can fire Coda if you really don't want to charge ahead - but healing through Cadence is rather... iffy.
    OTOH for facemelting you miss out on the great Riff skill, which basically means you follow-up with a second finisher two GCDs after first, if that one didn't cut it. That alone, together with the solid defense talents (Good Health, Street Smart) makes Bard a viable investment for face melting Rogues.

Healing hybrids IMO profit much more from some ranged spec (any combination of Marksman / Ranger / Saboteur, manybe with Riftstalker mixed in for mobilitiy and defense).

Cadence isn't that great for heals unless you intend to healbot from the back lines. That said if you can spare the 3 points it will be useful on occasion if you're the type who likes to help allies.

If you want to keep your bard/assassin/rift combo I'd suggest a few more into bard to get riff (it's an instant 5 combo points, great for emergency CoR heals or instant finishers) and virtuoso, 15 seconds of CoR spam after teleporting away will get you back to full hp then you can either continue to run like a girl or port back to finish the job.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for the Answers allready

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post

Healing hybrids IMO profit much more from some ranged spec (any combination of Marksman / Ranger / Saboteur, manybe with Riftstalker mixed in for mobilitiy and defense).
    Yeah maybe truth... but i dont wanne be a phew phew rager

Does Cadence heal myself allso?

got 2 points left so if Riff is worth it - ill take that allso.

The problem is - i want perma speed for my group and me so i have to go ugp 21 points, take Riff also 22 points ... now only 3 points to ae mezz

Assassin has the perfect synergy with riftstalker and bard for a tough melee assassin type. I know many players are creaming over nightblade changes but assassin is still the better choice for a pure melee build to benefit from auto-attack damage, riftstalker teleporting and bonus healing.

This build is about getting into melee range and staying there. Ranged players make their builds to stay at range but this soul combo is about being deadly in melee and staying alive. +30% to self healing, new healing poison, new changes to Magnify Pain and Enduring Brew along with riftstalker toughness are the keys to the build. You self heal like a healing cleric yet still play like a deadly rogue.

You still have a small amount of range but spec'ing melee always means you limit yourself more over pure ranged classes in most situations. Rifstalker tp and speed buffs along with superior stealth help offset this however. It is still a very viable build and in the 20's it matures very nicely. I never bothered to even put points into Bard until late teens where I could jump right to 12 points. Even then it sucked until RS started to flesh out on top of a minimum 10/12 sin/bard.

Lastly, to help the OP's English (and many others here who always spell it wrong) : It is spelled 'a lot'. Two words.
    Last edited by Tamanous; 02-01-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Rift Disciple

Ok, thanks a lot for your feedback

Rift Disciple

Anothet bonus for bard: Fanfare of Power +10 Dex +10 Strg.

Thats:

+ 1 Dps
    +3,7% Crit chance
    +5,3% Parry
    +2,4% Dodge

doesent look that bad for loosing some skills in Assa tree.
    Last edited by Viashiva; 02-02-2011 at 05:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread