+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: lol @ saboteur fix

Default lol @ saboteur fix

lololololol

Details; They are?
    We're recruiting, click on my banner. ♥

Telaran

All they did was buff a strong class by fixing skills with them he wasn't really nerfed. I think the reason most don't play sabs is they are not good with the mechanics and how to play a sab.
    Last edited by Maethor; 02-01-2011 at 12:38 AM.

I'm not going to play one because I don't like that play style, it feels alien in a fantasy MMO. I'm not a fan of the premeditation required for traps and all the measured usage of their abilities. I much prefer good old fashioned skulduggery and attack spamming.

Telaran

I play as the Sab, and love it.

I have so much fun with it.

But i dont see how people are saying its an Uber class, i still die in WF's....

They just don't like it because it's the perfect pbp class. It can do damage all at once, but they aren't considering the negatives behind it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    They just don't like it because it's the perfect pbp class. It can do damage all at once, but they aren't considering the negatives behind it.
    Yes, i can do a bucket load of Dam in one hit....if you give me time to setup.

On the other hand, if you kill me before i press Detonate...i have done NOTHING.

Also people are going on about it as if Sab's go 1 down, 2 down, 3 down etc and just **** an entire group....ummmm, sorry, no. If you let a Rogue do that then by all means he should be rewarded for you not killing him....

only see one minor nerf, and tbh, it won't change a thing about this class.

and although i only got my toon to lvl 25, the only time i could kill someone with just 5 charges and a detonate is if they were lower level than i. and i don't mean 1-2 levels, i mean 5-8 levels. or if they were a mage using zero endurance gear, and i got a nice crit.
    Last edited by Soull; 02-01-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Is nothing op about the sabo class itself its the combination of sabo class with the crit racial and redwing buff. Khelari racial has been adressed now its just waiting to see what happens to the redwing buff. I played sabo since beta 1 and can count the number of times I have one burst someone full to ded in 1 second without critting or redwing on 1 hand.
    Last edited by ShadowSword; 02-01-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Shadowlander

If this is how Trion balances classes i'll be rolling sab on launch.

Ncosft dropped the ball with sorcs in Aion and now Trion is doing the same with Saboteurs.

If you think the saboteur is OP then I pity you.

The long setup time required is easily nullified but people that actually know how to play there classes. For example: all healing souls has an ability that removes all debuffs (albeit on a 45 second cooldown). Let's not even mention the fact that saboteurs are extremely squishy and fall quickly to any dps class (and even a tank like a paladin). If you see a saboteur, focus him dow ... simple. Focus him before he detonate and you've profited. Sterilize your ally 1GCD vs 6 GCD ... you've profited.

The problem with people is they complain rather then learn to play the game. Yes the Saboteur is op when you clump up and attack that tank that is getting healed instead of him. But in any good premade I will take the nightblade/assassin over the saboteur.

Remember kids: It's much more difficult to try and change the game for everyone than to change yourself.
    Last edited by Vaine; 02-01-2011 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    If you think the saboteur is OP then I pity you.

The long setup time required is easily nullified but people that actually know how to play there classes. For example: all healing souls has an ability that removes all debuffs (albeit on a 45 second cooldown). Let's not even mention the fact that saboteurs are extremely squishy and fall quickly to any dps class (and even a tank like a paladin). If you see a saboteur, focus him dow ... simple. Focus him before he detonate and you've profited. Sterilize your ally 1GCD vs 6 GCD ... you've profited.

The problem with people is they complain rather then learn to play the game. Yes the Saboteur is op when you clump up and attack that tank that is getting healed instead of him. But in any good premade I will take the nightblade/assassin over the saboteur.

Remember kids: It's much more difficult to try and change the game for everyone than to change yourself.
    It's QQ time.

"OMG THAT SOUL ONE SHOTTED ME! NERF!!!"

Yes, Sabo has some NEAT toys to play with, and in the right hands can be right deadly. But that requires skill, you cannot nerf skill. You can only hamper till the skill finds a new outlet.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    lol @ saboteur fix

Where is this fix, that you are LOL about? mind sharing the info with the rest of us?
    Last edited by AvdielZion; 02-01-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Plane Touched

Wait until the official patch notes get released as opposed to what could be total fabrication.

As I said in another thread, Trion is balancing the game around the level 50 end-game alpha experience, not level 30 beta. Unfortunately I am not in alpha, but the rumours floating around suggest that Rogues are certainly not the OP calling some people like to think they are. And though they are just rumours, the leaked alpha notes seem to support that (if they are true of course, we'll see in a few days).

As for the Saboteur in particular, it is unfortunate that the beta forums are closed, as I have written a post there with some of my thoughts. But in short I see plenty of counters against the Saboteur's damage (which actually isn't that high when calculated as DPS), as long as you are aware of what is happening around you. A set-up time of 5+s and a highly visible animation ensures that you can react in time and set-up your own defenses, or disable the Saboteur himself, before he has had a chance to complete his set-up for the maximum damage. And since the Saboteur is one of the weakest souls in the defense department, I think you will see that not a lot of them make it to level 50, as other souls have as much (if not more) damage and better defenses.

But, if it is your playstyle, the Saboteur does make an excellent 'ganking of lower levels' kind of soul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast