+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Hey Vladd! What happened to the Physician buffs?

Default Hey Vladd! What happened to the Physician buffs?

I am abit confused months ago Vladd acknowledged that Physician was currently not in a good spot. I want to clarify I am talking PvE NOT PvP. Rogues have 1 healing soul and that one is sadly completly useless for raiding. Yes you can use it. Yes you can use the aoe healing on 1 or 2 bosses. But there is nothing rogue healing does better than anything else. So unless you have a surplus off rogues there is never any call for using one as a healer.

This is really sad Physician has become Sentinel. Yes there are strange awesome times when you might use it! But not really. For clerics this works out okey because they have other healing builds. But we have only one! And for PvE it is useless.

To the point that on Izkinra where tank damage is extreme most guilds rather use two Puri's than a puri and a Physician. That's how bad rogue healing is at the moment.

So what needs to be done?

I understand that vladd has a lot to do but rogue healing has been in a bad spot for so long that it's allmost became a joke.

So my suggestion:
    Until a major rework can be done give rogue a builder same as Casual healing but sheilding instead so we can use 100% sheilding It not great since it basicly makes uss a puri but it would solve the problem until a more through rework could be done.

Have you met phys/tact yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    Rogues have 1 healing soul and that one is sadly completly useless for raiding. Yes you can use it. Yes you can use the aoe healing on 1 or 2 bosses.
    Whoa now... I for one heal 3/4 bosses in the 10 man effortlessly in Phys/Tact (we don't use raid heals on 3rd boss) And if there was no Puri I could easily cover the tank heals as well.. however Puri does do this easier so obviously is 1st choice.

Phystact is also good for 20 man (if HoTs are applied efffectively) as I will top the charts on the Bulf encounter usually competing with a Liberator.

Don't have much 3.0 raid healing outside of what I mentioned above (as you wouldn't use a Phys type heal on Jino), but I do know it's viable, especially for AE heals.

I do agree that Puri and 61 Phys should be equally desired, but in the meantime.. it is still a very useful soul.
    Last edited by Metsa; 02-28-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Quote Originally Posted by Metsa View Post
    Whoa now... I for one heal 3/4 bosses in the 10 man effortlessly in Phys/Tact (we don't use raid heals on 3rd boss) And if there was no Puri I could easily cover the tank heals as well.. however Puri does do this easier so obviously is 1st choice.

Phystact is also good for 20 man (if HoTs are applied efffectively) as I will top the charts on the Bulf encounter usually competing with a Liberator.

Don't have much 3.0 raid healing outside of what I mentioned above (as you wouldn't use a Phys type heal on Jino), but I do know it's viable, especially for AE heals.

I do agree that Puri and 61 Phys should be equally desired, but in the meantime.. it is still a very useful soul.
    Don't missunderstand me! I am not trying to say that a rogue healer can't be used. What I am saying is that there is nothing a rogue healer does better than any other healer. Ergo you use one if you have to or if one really wants to. I have raid healed on allmost all bosses so far in this expansion. But that is because I like healing. Thing is though that it doesn't matter for what boss. Somone else could allways do it better.

For two reasons:
    ST. Puri will allways be better than physician. You could use one but you gain nothing from it in any fight.

Aoe. Phys/tact Yes you can get amazing numbers! But as everyone who has healed for a long while knows. Numbers mean NOTHING as a healer. It's all about getting the heals out when they are needed. And the fact is that phys/tac has allmost no abilities to deal with big damage burst. This makes it by far the words aoe healer in the game aswell

That's exactly what this game needs more of, OP shielding...

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    Thing is though that it doesn't matter for what boss. Somone else could allways do it better.

For two reasons:
    ST. Puri will allways be better than physician. You could use one but you gain nothing from it in any fight.

Aoe. Phys/tact Yes you can get amazing numbers! But as everyone who has healed for a long while knows. Numbers mean NOTHING as a healer. It's all about getting the heals out when they are needed. And the fact is that phys/tac has allmost no abilities to deal with big damage burst. This makes it by far the words aoe healer in the game aswell
    First reason, ST.. yes Puri is better for one main reason, big channel heals during heavy tank damage and the extra insta instant boom heals. We have plenty of intsa 'oh-****!' heals, but unfortunately our big heals are cast, that is the downside to a Phys tank healer, 1.5 seconds between heals could be risky during crazy damage... especially if we have to dodge mechanics and break the cast having to utilize a insta boom heal instead and prey there was enough time for all that.
    A simple solution would be to have a channeled ability that matched Causal treatment. As far as other Puri abilities that are desired in raids, good example: flame of life.. we have our own abilities that can be just as useful, like toggling to Alternative treatment, and help heal the raid.
    If we could channel heal tanks, we would be on par in my opinion as we already have great shielding abilities.

For your example on the AE heals... I am in a casual guild that only just killed Finric.. this means that our players are still in expert tier gear and do not out-gear the content. One of the main reasons I heal RoF in phystact is because of our burst heal ability.
    When Ungolok cast pressure blasts for example, its my causal treatment spams that align with his blasts and top the party off as soon as they take the dmg (have 3 HoTs going as well) my cast time burst heals work perfect for this mechanic.
    Another example is Finric, like I said we just got this kill, we have been progressing... people miss jumps.. when that happens I am the only healer class that again... can spam huge cast heals to match his bursts of damage per jump missed, 3 is no problem for me.. more than that well... that just need to be improved by the players period.

And when I mentioned numbers earlier.. yes, those numbers do mean something, I am not talking overheals as that number is outrageous in phystact, but the active heals absorbed by damaged party members (my meters don't even account for the shielding). So yes.. if I am at the upper side of the raid heal charts, then yes... people are getting damaged, I am getting them heals, the meter is recording this and that is what matters.

And since I mentioned shields in the last bit... yes... we shield, lots of it.. in Phystact as well.. how nice is that, an AE healer with unlimited big cast time bursts, a few HoTs always ticking away, a couple ST insta boom heals for spot, or whatever, a couple huge channeled ST heals for whatever the situation (planar variation required), and to top it off, shields that eventually alternate to cover everyone.

Not to shabby of a role I would have to say.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Quote Originally Posted by Metsa View Post
    First reason, ST.. yes Puri is better for one main reason, big channel heals during heavy tank damage and the extra insta instant boom heals. We have plenty of intsa 'oh-****!' heals, but unfortunately our big heals are cast, that is the downside to a Phys tank healer, 1.5 seconds between heals could be risky during crazy damage... especially if we have to dodge mechanics and break the cast having to utilize a insta boom heal instead and prey there was enough time for all that.
    A simple solution would be to have a channeled ability that matched Causal treatment. As far as other Puri abilities that are desired in raids, good example: flame of life.. we have our own abilities that can be just as useful, like toggling to Alternative treatment, and help heal the raid.
    If we could channel heal tanks, we would be on par in my opinion as we already have great shielding abilities.

For your example on the AE heals... I am in a casual guild that only just killed Finric.. this means that our players are still in expert tier gear and do not out-gear the content. One of the main reasons I heal RoF in phystact is because of our burst heal ability.
    When Ungolok cast pressure blasts for example, its my causal treatment spams that align with his blasts and top the party off as soon as they take the dmg (have 3 HoTs going as well) my cast time burst heals work perfect for this mechanic.
    Another example is Finric, like I said we just got this kill, we have been progressing... people miss jumps.. when that happens I am the only healer class that again... can spam huge cast heals to match his bursts of damage per jump missed, 3 is no problem for me.. more than that well... that just need to be improved by the players period.

And when I mentioned numbers earlier.. yes, those numbers do mean something, I am not talking overheals as that number is outrageous in phystact, but the active heals absorbed by damaged party members (my meters don't even account for the shielding). So yes.. if I am at the upper side of the raid heal charts, then yes... people are getting damaged, I am getting them heals, the meter is recording this and that is what matters.

And since I mentioned shields in the last bit... yes... we shield, lots of it.. in Phystact as well.. how nice is that, an AE healer with unlimited big cast time bursts, a few HoTs always ticking away, a couple ST insta boom heals for spot, or whatever, a couple huge channeled ST heals for whatever the situation (planar variation required), and to top it off, shields that eventually alternate to cover everyone.

Not to shabby of a role I would have to say.
    First off grats on getting Finric!!!

The channel for ST healing is fine aswell. All I was thinking was a temporary patch until vladd had time to figure out what he actually wanted to do with the soul. So doesn't matter what it is aslong as we don't have to wait 6-12 months before something happends :/

And asfor the aoe healing. I think you missunder stood burst abit mate.
    We don't have any "Burst" besides maybe our one aoe CD increasing healing for a short duration. You can't count Casual heal as a burst heal since this is a consistant heal that comes in every x amount off seconds. It's your standard heal that does standard healing.
    So you have high consistant healing but you have no actual burst.
    Unless it happends to be a boss that only hurts 3-5 targets in which case all your healing will be focused on them and therefor abit stronger.

Asfor Unglok yes it is healable by a Phystact. But you would allways be better off with a good Chloro. Proof off this is obvious seeing as there are chloro's that's even been able to solo heal that boss.
    What I am trying to get to is not that rogue healing is useless trash that should go and die in a corner.
    What I want to show is that there is no actual resson to use a rogue healer. You could allways find a better healer for every single fight compared to one
    Not allways by much. But mostly a fair deal better.

Last Finric! Well done by you to be able to handle 3 waves by yourself as a phystact. I am assuming that Puri didn't pop his mass awesome cooldown sheild? ;)
    Had you however had a warden for this fight for example he would have extremly strong cooldowns to use every time someone missed a wave.

ps. @Sedvic, If you actually read what I typed I said that Vladd could put it in as a TEMPORARY!!! change because it would make physcian usefull until he could figure out what exactly should set it apart to make it usefull.

Regarding the Finric kill, thanks... we are getting a lot cleaner at it now.

As for the encounter, Puri was using his CDs as well, but they would be on CD for another wave, and we seemed to have issues with people getting the jumps down, so I had to make up for it. 3 is all I can handle before some will die as indeed, my big heal only smart-heals 5 at a time, but with the HoTs ticking its usually enough for the next cast to get off on the other 5.

BTW, when I said burst heals, I really meant our go-to heal... but is indeed bursty. That one ability alone takes people from 25% to full on pressure blasts without the 20% CD (and we can spam it). So, I just meant that, where other classes have different abilities like heavy HoTs and channels, we have a huge go-to heal that is essentially big enough to be considered burst IMO.

Phystact is very strong, and at the guilds current gear level, I am asked by the chloro, and Lib, to cover those fights as it is a lot of pressure (no pun intended) on them, and easy for me... also, it's much fun!
    BTW, were a small guild and don't have a go-to Warden, so I don't have a good comparison to go by there.

Last but not least... don't forget that our Power Core has a 3 second longer duration than Wild Growth. Just had to toss that in there.

For tank healing, give us a strong channel with movement (Biofeedback don't count), and leave Causal as is, and I think we would be just as viable as a Puri.
    Last edited by Metsa; 02-28-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    <Wolf Pack>

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    That's exactly what this game needs more of, OP shielding...
    This way bosses can hit for 300k and the tank will still take no damage. #balance

Prophet of Telara

Rework pandemic toggle to turn all healing done in to shielding. Make LI last 5min and apply max to 1 character or turn it in to something simiar to Defiler UT. Turn CT in to half heal-half shield ability, so we can actually keep tank alive when hit by several mobs. The 1.5s window where you get nothing is where tank often dies in pugs.

If its suppose to be like Sent, give us bonus break free, 40% dmg reduction cd, full cd reset, pacify, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

At the game's start it was:

war - tank
    rog - mdps
    mage - rdps
    cler - heals

Now everyone can do everything.... BUT... 1 soul per secondary role vs 3 for main.... thus Inquisitor\Phys\Reaver\Sham\etc abominations were born, nothing wrong with that xept u can't properly balance a single heal\dps soul by giving it abilities that other 3 souls of the same role have and expect it to not be op.

If phys was better then puri\warden noone would use anything xept phys, and thus what was the point of creating cleric class in the first place.

This whole everyone can do everything mentality did more harm then good to the game.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    At the game's start it was:

war - tank
    rog - mdps
    mage - rdps
    cler - heals

Now everyone can do everything.... BUT... 1 soul per secondary role vs 3 for main.... thus Inquisitor\Phys\Reaver\Sham\etc abominations were born, nothing wrong with that xept u can't properly balance a single heal\dps soul by giving it abilities that other 3 souls of the same role have and expect it to not be op.

If phys was better then puri\warden noone would use anything xept phys, and thus what was the point of creating cleric class in the first place.

This whole everyone can do everything mentality did more harm then good to the game.

We arent asking to make Phys better than Puri, we just want to have it somehow equal, like with Bard and Oracle. Why was it ok to release Oracle in much better state than Bard while Phys being behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Um....

Lets clarify some stuff. Phystact =/= Phys.

Phystact is not preferred over any raid healer, except for an exception on izkinra or yrwalach.

Yes Phystact is ****ing amazing for 10 mans/5 mans, but its still not the most preferred.

So now we're done talking about phys tact, lets talk about phys.

This is what you need to do, read the OP.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Um....

Lets clarify some stuff. Phystact =/= Phys.

Phystact is not preferred over any raid healer, except for an exception on izkinra or yrwalach.

Yes Phystact is ****ing amazing for 10 mans/5 mans, but its still not the most preferred.

So now we're done talking about phys tact, lets talk about phys.

This is what you need to do, read the OP.
    http://apotheosys.eu/video check those kill vids.

What a surprise in most of them theres a phystact.....

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    http://apotheosys.eu/video check those kill vids.

What a surprise in most of them theres a phystact.....
    ... Re read what i posted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast