+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple Plea

Default Simple Plea

A very simple plea from a Rogue Lover..please please fix Stealth.

Stealth is the eat and drink of a Rogue and yet in this game in order to get Permanent stealth you have to put crazy points in the Assassin Tree.Please either give us day one Stealth that breaks on Action or lower the Point requirements to get a Permanent Stealth so the Nightblade/Sab/Bladedancer etc can also have access to it.

As it is now you get 30 seconds and even using Elusiveness most mobs and players can see you before you get close enough to Stun or use a Damage Opener.At this point it just seems like a wasted Ability and not used very much because you move way to slow to get close to Players before they start spamming AoE's.In PvE even mobs 5 levels under me at 20th level were able to see through my Stealth.

:Vysceral-High Elf Rogue:
    :Ammwyn(Amwynn)-Mathosian Warrior:

I agree that stealth seemed rather weak compared to other games. I think it is probably more realistic though. The problem I see with it is that you basically cant use the "attack from stealth" abilities very easily. As for all rogue trees getting stealth, I don't think that is needed. You get to have 3 souls, just pick one that gets stealth along with it.

I think they should add some sort of distract ability while stealthed to help with the monsters seeing through stealth so easily for some classes that need the ability to do attacks.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aengar View Post
    A very simple plea from a Rogue Lover..please please fix Stealth.

Stealth is the eat and drink of a Rogue and yet in this game in order to get Permanent stealth you have to put crazy points in the Assassin Tree.Please either give us day one Stealth that breaks on Action or lower the Point requirements to get a Permanent Stealth so the Nightblade/Sab/Bladedancer etc can also have access to it.

As it is now you get 30 seconds and even using Elusiveness most mobs and players can see you before you get close enough to Stun or use a Damage Opener.At this point it just seems like a wasted Ability and not used very much because you move way to slow to get close to Players before they start spamming AoE's.In PvE even mobs 5 levels under me at 20th level were able to see through my Stealth.
    NO. if you want perma stealth you should HAVE TO EARN IT.

I actually like it.
    Means only those that invest heavily in Infiltrator or Assas will be rewarded with it. Which is fine by me.

Ascendant

i like it the way it is you want perma stealth it requires an investment

Quote Originally Posted by Reavan View Post
    I actually like it.
    Means only those that invest heavily in Infiltrator or Assas will be rewarded with it. Which is fine by me.
    Agreed, I plan on playing a "real" stealther with one of my builds
    *Defiant Rogue*

~PvP~

Telaran

have to agree if you want good stealth go into the assassin tree, I literally can go anywhere and never get agro on my assassin using my incapacitate properly, like I almost always am the one to run to foul cascade to zone in groups because I can just run there with no combat. This should be unique to the assassin class, It is their entire thing is stealth. Its not that hard to get a basic stealth for pvp if you want it for that, as far as pve stealth assassins should stay the only ones able to do it that well.
    Last edited by Maethor; 01-31-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Ascendant

I do think stealth needs a boost, even if one has to put it more points to get the boost. Level 21 does seem a bit high to gain permanent stealth.
    Last edited by winterfall; 01-31-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Ones of the reasons I stopped playing an Assassin until lvl30. It was horrible when I couldn't even approach my targets properly to use my stealth skills because they would run away.
    DO THE IMPOSSIBLE
    SEE THE INVISIBLE
    ROW! ROW!
    FIGHT THE POWAH!

TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE
    BREAK THE UNBREAKABLE
    ROW! ROW!
    FIGHT THE POWAH!

Plane Touched

My only real qualm w/ the stealth is the lack luster of Claok and Dagger in PvE boss senarios. Even in groups it has very limited uses. It's to the point that I redesign my build to swap out BD with RS for the Shadow Stalker phase buff and the 15% crit.

In a fight I get a 15% dmg boost only for first 10 sec with Cloak and Dagger, 20 sec if you count the 31 soul talent but that has an extensive CD, while RS gives me an exact buff but for 2/3 of the duration of the fight with Shadow Mastery. The lack of the use of our core stealth skills gives me an "eh" feeling for the soul in long fights, their there only as openers. Pretty much I'll be spam backstab, throw in a puncture now n then, n a few choice finishers along with the phase shifts for the RS buff.

Soulwalker

OH NO!! I have to make a trade off in my build to get a really useful ability.

If they made good stealth easy to get then 1/4 of the population would have it. That does not equal a fun game for anyone

Default stealth

I'm not opposed to having to earn Perm stealth. However, if I am playing an assassin, I should be able to sneak up on mobs my level or lower, maybe even one level higher since that is the bread and butter of the assassin tactic. When mobs 5 levels lower than me (which I also ran into) can see me sneaking up on them before I even get in striking range, then my stealth is pointless, regardless of how long it lasts. In my opinion, an assassin who maxes out their dex, keeps their skills trained up and is geared appropriately should be able to sneak up on a PVE mob 3 levels higher and have at least a 50% chance to succeed in the stealth and pull off his big hit from stealth attack. The damage isn't going to be as impressive as if he was fighting one his own level, but he should be able to have a chance to pull it off. This goes for Assassin and any other subclass that has the sneak and strike tactic as part of the power build. Subclasses like ranger and marksman that do not have that tactic would not need such super stealth skills.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nauxi View Post
    When mobs 5 levels lower than me (which I also ran into) can see me sneaking up on them before I even get in striking range, then my stealth is pointless, regardless of how long it lasts.
    Personally, I had very little problem sneaking up on things by using the 10 pt. Assassin root ability called "Elusiveness." You just have to time it right in order to get close enough to pop Assassinate, Paralyzing Strike, Incapacitate, etc.

Soulwalker

Also, I'll add my vote to the side that disagrees with the OP.

I think stealth is fine the way it is. I'm fine with only a few souls having access to it at all, plus having to invest a decent amount of points to make it perma-stealth. I'm actually getting tired of hearing people say stealth is an "I win" button. Stealth, especially indefinite stealth, should be hard to pull off. It should take a little more situational awareness than just hitting a button, walking up the middle of a well-traveled road and not being seen by anyone.

I think maybe stealth should only be full invisibility while not moving. Otherwise, there should just be a shimmery outline that can be seen if other people are paying attention. Then you'd really see who the skilled Rogues are and who the pretenders are. I'd rather have to work for a stealth kill than just walk up in broad daylight right in front of my target, who is completely oblivious to the fact that I'm about to stab him in the face.

It may be an unpopular opinion, considering all the whining I see from other people playing Rogues, but I think something that forces you to be a smarter, better player can only be a good thing.

Plane Touched

You guys are babies, stealth is so much better in this game than it was in WAR. You had like 1 stealth opener, and it was sweet for a while, then it got nerfed to ****. Then while stealthed, your ap would drain. And it was on a longer cooldown. And kids listen to too much rap music.

+ Reply to Thread