+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Why are people still playing Ranger?

Default Why are people still playing Ranger?

MM dps is higher than Ranger. There's no pet to worry about. You have far more utility.

So WHY are people still playing Ranger for DPS in raids and experts?
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Because pressing 1-4 is easier than pressing 1-5.

maybe they are still use to it and the rotation and don't want to learn a new spec/rotation?

Comfort zone ftw
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Soulwalker

If someone would put a good role and marco then some people may change to MM, not a little here and little there

Plane Touched

Ranger played properly is 6-buttons, Marksman played properly is 8-10 buttons. I'm sure some people don't care enough to change, others just don't know. The comfort zone argument is also very applicable here. Ranger also has a few small niches (better defense in PvP, maybe for pet tanking the last boss in NMC if the tank is incapable, etc).

fleeting instincts is king

Prophet of Telara

There are people who like pets. Range also have better survility for soloing. You also get bonus break free, though 1min cd unlike Reavers 20s cd. MM got the dps but also annoying rotation. Casual players prefer simple things, hence so many Reavers around.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    There are people who like pets. Range also have better survility for soloing. You also get bonus break free, though 1min cd unlike Reavers 20s cd. MM got the dps but also annoying rotation. Casual players prefer simple things, hence so many Reavers around.
    Ranger dps is fully mobile and cannot be interrupted due to everything being instant. I occasionally use 61 ranger/11 nb/4 MM. I'll use swift shot to keep my runspeed up, twilight force/SoS if I don't need to stay at max range to keep them perma snared, plus 10% damage bonus, along with On the Double. I lose a little dps with this setup but rarely are they able to get away. The PvE ranger build, a blink and runspeed buff and they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Ranger dps is fully mobile and cannot be interrupted due to everything being instant. I occasionally use 61 ranger/11 nb/4 MM. I'll use swift shot to keep my runspeed up, twilight force/SoS if I don't need to stay at max range to keep them perma snared, plus 10% damage bonus, along with On the Double. I lose a little dps with this setup but rarely are they able to get away. The PvE ranger build, a blink and runspeed buff and they're gone.
    The OP was referring to experts/raids, im not a pvp'er so i'm not going to question ranger for pvp. However, there is no reason to use ranger except as a solo build (though there are better solo builds too) for PvE. The only lack of mobility on marksman would be the 1 second to stop and cast deadeye shot, however you rarely need to be moving all the time to begin with with how current raids/experts are. Even then, using hasted shot rather than deadeye will be higher dps than playing ranger.

It essentially boils down to either; marksman is too hard for some people to play well, they don't want to learn a new spec, or they don't care about optimising dps (which is fine for casuals even if nobody likes seeing a ranger)

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Really? you waste 3 gcd to apply 20m range asos? (1 gcd to swap from ranged to melee weapon, 1 to cast TW and 1 to swap back to ranged weapon). That's worthless imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    The OP was referring to experts/raids,
    maybe they want to tank the boss with their pet pig?

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Really? you waste 3 gcd to apply 20m range asos? (1 gcd to swap from ranged to melee weapon, 1 to cast TW and 1 to swap back to ranged weapon). That's worthless imo.
    Perma snared healer/dom/high priority target is worthless?

Quote Originally Posted by mealfrog View Post
    maybe they want to tank the boss with their pet pig?
    That's just a nice way to tell your tank he sucks :P

Quote Originally Posted by MOONINER View Post
    If someone would put a good role and marco then some people may change to MM, not a little here and little there
    There is no macro so bads are still playing ranger or mm ( instead of nb/sin)
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 02-23-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    There is no macro so bads are still playing ranger or mm ( instead of nb/sin)
    ranger (instead of nb/sin or mm)**

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast