+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue mechanic questions

Rift Master

Default Rogue mechanic questions

DIMINISHING RETURNS

How does the diminishing returns work here?
    After the first application of stuns, roots, cc, whatever what is the diminishment of the next application and so on till immune. How many applications till immune?

One someone is immune how long till the diminishing returns timer is up and they are vulnerable again?

ABILITIES IN DIFFERENT TREES

This is a question about scaling. For example the skill PHANTOM BLOW in the RIFTSTALKER soul does more damage (weapon + 9 - 11) than the assassin skill SAVAGE STRIKE. PHANTOM BLOW also has an extra effect of reducing incoming damage. I also notice that PHANTOM BLOW is better than PLANAR STRIKE. RIFTSTALKERs will use PHANTOM BLOW over PLANAR STRIKE anyway for the damage reduction.

My question is if the one skill is doing more damage because it is a special talented ability or if it just looks like it does more damage because you get it at a higher level and so the other strikes will have higher levels of them learned and be doing as much damage.

I assume we are only seeing the first rank of a skill/spell and that they grow as they get new ranks?

They do grow as you level up. You buy their next level from a merchant. Their damage depends on the soul. It would be unbalanced if a riftstalker did higher damage than an assassin with that much mobility and survival. They also seem to have done a decent job of making higher tier abilities do more damage, but they also have higher cds. IT depends on alot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    DIMINISHING RETURNS

After the first application of stuns, roots, cc, whatever what is the diminishment of the next application and so on till immune. How many applications till immune?

One someone is immune how long till the diminishing returns timer is up and they are vulnerable again?

This is a question about scaling. For example the skill PHANTOM BLOW in the RIFTSTALKER soul does more damage (weapon + 9 - 11) than the assassin skill SAVAGE STRIKE. PHANTOM BLOW also has an extra effect of reducing incoming damage. I also notice that PHANTOM BLOW is better than PLANAR STRIKE. RIFTSTALKERs will use PHANTOM BLOW over PLANAR STRIKE anyway for the damage reduction.

My question is if the one skill is doing more damage because it is a special talented ability or if it just looks like it does more damage because you get it at a higher level and so the other strikes will have higher levels of them learned and be doing as much damage.

I assume we are only seeing the first rank of a skill/spell and that they grow as they get new ranks?
    I know on my assassin/rift i was swapping out my 'main' abilities (combo point generators and finishers), based on the damage they did everytime i purchased a new rank.

as far as DR, i have no idea
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Currently I have seen NO diminishing returns.

As to skills at higher level, you do need to train them up to higher levels so yes you only see the first tier. But yes it does seem that some skills start as if they were higher tiered.For instance, at 30 the rangers Razorbeast was at iirc rank 7 while the Dire Wolf was only 3.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    DIMINISHING RETURNS

typically the damage of rank 1 is relevant to the level it is obtained at. Typically pure damage skills do higher damage than damaging skills that cause an extra effect, but also skills obtained deeper in the roots also seem to do higher damage...

Rift Master

Wait... wait... wait...

There is a thread on stun-locking and everyone is screaming about how it will not work cause the diminishing returns will not let you do that. Is this all wrong?

Can the assassin really chain their two stuns together if they want to for an 8 second stun?

I am NOT saying this is good or bad, i am just curious. I am interested even.

+ Reply to Thread