+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mele VS Ranged for DPS?

Soulwalker

Default Mele VS Ranged for DPS?

I'm always curious as to what everyone prefers to use for Dungeon/Raid DPS. I've seen both ends of the spectrum and would love to hear what you personally prefer to use. I myself am in love with Marks Man and don't think there is any other spec that I can think of which sounds more fun. Convince me to change!

Different specs for different fights, depending on the mechanics and the need for AoE. Using one build all of the time is severely suboptimal, not to mention boring.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-20-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brensk View Post
    I'm always curious as to what everyone prefers to use for Dungeon/Raid DPS. I've seen both ends of the spectrum and would love to hear what you personally prefer to use. I myself am in love with Marks Man and don't think there is any other spec that I can think of which sounds more fun. Convince me to change!
    You're the only DPS Rogue in the raid and they need the 5% crit debuff ... what do you do?

You have 5 seconds to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    You're the only DPS Rogue in the raid and they need the 5% crit debuff ... what do you do?

Tell those warriors to suck it up and play Champion!*

*Do not do this. You are a moron if you do.

Oh I know the answer!

Play Bladedancer!!!
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Rift Master

53Sin/12BD/11Ranger since they'll need you to interrupt, armor debuff, and mana drain as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    53Sin/12BD/11Ranger since they'll need you to interrupt, armor debuff, and mana drain as well.
    No purge or reflect? :<

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    The Ultimate Team Player Rogue spec.

Int, drain, aoe lethal, armor debuff, hit chance debuff (Greater Dire Wolf), and healing debuff (Greater Dire Wolf).

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeOranges View Post
    No purge or reflect? :<
    Purge or drain, can't have both. Do we look like Mages to you?
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brensk View Post
    Personally I dont like melee altogether in this game, I play it only and exclusively when I must for the higher deeps, only exceptions for me are paragon and vk when am on my war alt, rogue melee souls to me are like healing, too much of playing these roles makes me wanna quit the game altogether and at minimum causes me to completely burn out on this game and take breaks.

Overall they are poorly designed and unoptimized.

Personally I love the melee specs, not a huge fan of ranged, but it is a good idea to be able to play both. So far every fight allows me to melee, so nb/sin all the way. I always feel melee gives you a challenge that ranged specs can't always offer -> maximising uptime on boss while also doing mechanics.

Finding the balance between sticking to melee range and doing a mechanic to maximise dps always means you have something to do, even on the boring fights. Anyway thats just me, some people like to stand back and pew pew.

But i'll repeat, it's a good idea to be able to play multiple specs incase the situation demands it

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    Personally I dont like melee altogether in this game, I play it only and exclusively when I must for the higher deeps, only exceptions for me are paragon and vk when am on my war alt, rogue melee souls to me are like healing, too much of playing these roles makes me wanna quit the game altogether and at minimum causes me to completely burn out on this game and take breaks.

Theres only 1 fight(or 2 maybe) where mm will do more dps than 61nb,61 assasin and nbsin and since that fight is crucia i guess you only play mele.

could you please explain why mele specs are poorly designed and unoptimized?

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    Rog melee is by far the best in this game, design and performance.

Soulwalker

Unfortunately we are forced to play ranged more often than not due to fight mechanics and whining party members who don't pick the right spec or class but expect us to

Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutt View Post
    Unfortunately we are forced to play ranged more often than not due to fight mechanics and whining party members who don't pick the right spec or class but expect us to
    There are very few, if any, fight mechanics that force you to play ranged. Don't listen to the whining party members, just top the dps meter and shut them up

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Theres only 1 fight(or 2 maybe) where mm will do more dps than 61nb,61 assasin and nbsin and since that fight is crucia i guess you only play mele.

could you please explain why mele specs are poorly designed and unoptimized?
    PVE:

You need to press too many buttons i guess ;) while you can macro let say Paragon in to 2 macros.

Sin have pretty bad disconnects compared to Paragon. Lack of bonus movement speed abilities on a melee spec is also weird.

PVP:

Too many purgable buffs compared to melees from other callings.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast