+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Nebucent
  • 1 Post By N3okorrales
  • 2 Post By N3okorrales

Thread: New ranger Soul?

Rift Chaser

Default New ranger Soul?

Been using this ranger Soul for quit awhile and was wondering if there was any new upgraded ones??

61 Ranger
    3 Nightblade
    12 Assasin
    61-Aggressive Def
    62-revitalize
    63-Juke and Run
    64-Timed focus
    65-energy manupulation

Plane Touched

Yes, Marksman.

Prophet of Telara

Not really, though a while ago Vladd posted screenshot of new ranged and bm pet's, so maybe he will do some changes in future.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

MM was updated so that it's the best ranged DPS spec now. Ranger will be updated in the near future to be more of a soloing spec, if I recall correctly.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Rift Chaser

Whats a good soul for MM ... macros etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    Whats a good soul for MM ... macros etc.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...man-guide.html

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Archemys; 02-17-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Prophet of Telara

that first macro is just terrible CS should me manage manually.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    linking from the quick guide... Believe it or not alot of people have trouble w\ MM and always have. The recent update can seem pretty daunting to some people.

Most people looking for specs aren't ready to play @ your level : )
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    linking from the quick guide... Believe it or not alot of people have trouble w\ MM and always have. The recent update can seem pretty daunting to some people.

Most people looking for specs aren't ready to play @ your level : )
    I know mm is hard to play, it took me a lot of time to play it in an aceptable level( i still suck with it if i compare myself with gery for example)

But thats not a reason to spoon feed people and give them the "easy easy quick very quick easy mode macros 2 button spam" thats something that should be erradicate from this forum in my opinion.
    Give them the proper rotation and acurate information so they can actually improve, because if you give them the easy mode, theyll never try to do stuff properly.

To be clear i wasnt criticizing you,i know you were just triying to help the op, but we should really stop "the easy mode" train and the quick "insert spec here" guide madness.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    Been using this ranger Soul for quit awhile and was wondering if there was any new upgraded ones??

61 Ranger
    3 Nightblade
    12 Assasin
    61-Aggressive Def
    62-revitalize
    63-Juke and Run
    64-Timed focus
    65-energy manupulation
    Ranger has gone the way of the proverbial Dodo bird for any serious content due to the MM soul changes. MM provides more DPS + more utility + no pet issues. Currently only new players who are still learning the rogue calling, or baddies still run rangers.

It has been stated by the devs that changes are on the way for ranger, however, it has also been stated that ranger is going to get revamped to be a full "solo" soul, kinda like clerics druid. So if you want a ranged DPS soul for NM Experts or raids, learn MM. MM also does good in PvP now. Its better then ranger in most situations, though I do still occasionally switch to ranger for some specific tasks, for example to solo extractors in CQ or idols in Port Scion I will go ranger and bust out the pig.

Overall, you're better off learning the new MM and keep your ranger.

Ideally you should also have Bladedancer, Sabo, and eitehr Sin or NB/Sin specs to cover all your DPS bases and switch as necessary when necessary.
    Last edited by Shouku; 02-18-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Not true from my experience.

Even when played perfectly, manual CS management comes out to such a little # of CSs used that the difference to the macro is only a minimal dps gain.

If you have some lag or not play a perfect rotation the macro comes out on top.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    Not true from my experience.

Even when played perfectly, manual CS management comes out to such a little # of CSs used that the difference to the macro is only a minimal dps gain.

If you have some lag or not play a perfect rotation the macro comes out on top.
    I really want to be polite but hell if you make it hard..,

using CS in a macro is a huge dps loss no matter what excuse you want to bring up to cover whatever issues you have with mm playstyle. Minmaxing mm is about how many CS you are able to do. 1.25 ratio is ok, then how to do that? Double tapping CS twice per minute before cd block and before strafe block.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    Ranger has gone the way of the proverbial Dodo bird
    I'm only 40 but I switched from ranger to marksman from lvls 20 to 40. feel like I have only 4 buttons to press with ranger where as marksman has a **** ton of things to manage

From my lvl to 65 does the Ranger excel at anything else? Other than a simple rotation and having a tank (Ive only needed it to tank elite mobs in the open world) I'm just wondering if I should stick with marksman because the Ranger doesn't have a whole lot going on
    Last edited by PhantomTeamaker; 02-23-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTeamaker View Post
    I'm only 40 but I switched from ranger to marksman from lvls 20 to 40. feel like I have only 4 buttons to press with ranger where as marksman has a **** ton of things to manage

From my lvl to 65 does the Ranger excel at anything else? Other than a simple rotation and having a tank (Ive only needed it to tank elite mobs in the open world) I'm just wondering if I should stick with marksman because the Ranger doesn't have a whole lot going on
    Not since the update to Marksman. Even with the changes, I would still use Ranger as a solo spec, but not much else. It's sometimes fun to watch your pet fight stuff for you or have your pet occupy enemies while you tackle the rest. Even though Marksman has utility and higher dps, I still wouldn't use it for soloing. When I'm running around killing stuff, it feels way easier in Ranger. Although that may be because I'm really only used to Marksman in raid/expert settings and I'm used to focusing on not wasting combo points.

But, in short, Ranger doesn't really serve a purpose anymore other than for soloing (Although I kind of like Assassin for soloing, personally).

+ Reply to Thread