+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help getting back from v1.6 to v3.1 as Tank.

Soulwalker

Question Help getting back from v1.6 to v3.1 as Tank.

Hi,

i left the game around 1.6 and was mainly playing a riftstalker, basically did all the available dungeons on the hardest mode (not raids).

I would like to get back into the game, but the change-list is overwhelming and intimidating. I don't want to spend much time grinding "needed" tank gear to queue up for the new dungeons, so i hope you could help me with a easy and straight path to get playing all the new dungeons asap.

The main goal is to get back into the dungeon tanking game and do some fun pvp on the side, was running bard/tank mainly in PvP, if i remember correctly.

So some questions:

1) How many new dungeons are there actually after 1.6? (only complete new dungeons, not expert/master revamps)

2) Is my 1.6 gear all crap now and i need to completely replace it and if so whats the quickest way to get a decent tanking starter set?

3) What would be my tanking dungeon order, what dungeons i can try first and which require some gearing step-stones i need to full first and what are those steps? I don't want to queue for a dungeon i might get kicked on a inspect of my gear.

4) Are there fun alternatives to dungeons now, where i can play as tank?

5) Are the raids now more accessible, since if i remember i had to fulfill quite steep gearing requirements before i could even try to find a raid party as main tank, let aside the complexity of the raid itself.

5a) Does something like raid PuG's exist now or are there external tools/websites to assist in weekly raiding groups, if i don't want to join a raid guild?

Thx
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy22 View Post
    Hi,

i left the game around 1.6 and was mainly playing a riftstalker, basically did all the available dungeons on the hardest mode (not raids).

I would like to get back into the game, but the change-list is overwhelming and intimidating. I don't want to spend much time grinding "needed" tank gear to queue up for the new dungeons, so i hope you could help me with a easy and straight path to get playing all the new dungeons asap.

The main goal is to get back into the dungeon tanking game and do some fun pvp on the side, was running bard/tank mainly in PvP, if i remember correctly.

So some questions:

1) How many new dungeons are there actually after 1.6? (only complete new dungeons, not expert/master revamps)

2) Is my 1.6 gear all crap now and i need to completely replace it and if so whats the quickest way to get a decent tanking starter set?

3) What would be my tanking dungeon order, what dungeons i can try first and which require some gearing step-stones i need to full first and what are those steps? I don't want to queue for a dungeon i might get kicked on a inspect of my gear.

5) Are the raids now more accessible, since if i remember i had to fulfill quite steep gearing requirements before i could even try to find a raid party as main tank, let aside the complexity of the raid itself.

5a) Does something like raid PuG's exist now or are there external tools/websites to assist in weekly raiding groups, if i don't want to join a raid guild?

Thx
    Andy
    To help you on your way there is a servicable guide in the Rogue Guides section here.

That depends on whether or not you only count the dungeons that are available at the level cap. There were 9 dungeons added in Storm Legion, but they don't have level 65 versions.

There were also four dungeons added in Nightmare Tide (as well as two updated level 65 versions of older dungeons: Iron Tomb and Empyrean Core, each of which has some minor tweaks and changed boss mechanics from the original version).

You'll need to replace all of your gear, yes, because it's level 50 gear and the level cap is 65. Get to level 65, then get a set of crafted gear.

You don't need any tank gear until level 65, because normal mode dungeons are tuned with the assumption that you are wearing DPS gear. Expert dungeons at 65 have a set of stat requirements, and it won't let you queue for them until you meet it.

Raids.

The gear requirements aren't particularly steep for raids. You need a more or less complete set of dungeon gear, runed and orbed.

There aren't many raid pugs yet, since the content is still relatively new. They form up occasionally, but you might have trouble getting in if you don't have the achievements, especially as a tank.

Also, Zazen already linked it, but check out the Riftstalker guide in my signature, if you haven't yet. Things have changed since you last played, and it should get you up to speed on how to play a rogue tank.

+ Reply to Thread