+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help a Noob

Soulwalker

Default Please help a Noob

Haven't played for a long time, giving it another go. My soul tree has been reset and I cannot remember how I was set up, but I do remember it was a fun quest build, at least for me.

I am listing some of the macros and other abilities. Could some of you maybe be able to tell what I had?

Someone posted a leveling build with macros, so that is what I used. Can't find the forum or thread where that was. I do remember having to go into a tree only so far to get a point into a healing spell. Going only so far in another tree for maybe blade tempo or side steps, the rest got dumped into the third tree.

Thanks

ATT
    #show Keen Strike
    cast Disengage
    cast Reprisal
    cast Flash of Steel
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

INT
    #show Weapon Barrage
    cast Disassemble
    cast Weapon Barrage

SHIFT
    #show Shadow Shift
    cast Shadow Shift

AOE
    #show Twin Strike
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Twin Strike

AZOPEN
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailure
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Phantom Blow
    castShadow Strike

Finishers:

Final Blow
    Compound Attack
    Dauntless Strike
    Deadly Strike

Others:

Side Steps
    Blade Tempo
    Sprint
    Meditative Trance
    Stealth
    Dualisim
    Dancing Steel
    Double Coup
    Break Free
    Virulent Poisen
    Holy Champion

Like I said, just trying to find where I was. If so much has changed since then maybe someone can point me in the direction of a good up to date leveling build that is group friendly.

Thanks,
    RG

That build is very out of date-- based on the fact that Precision Strike is in the same macro as Quick Strike, I'd guess it's from Vanilla Rift, which is two expansions ago.

Try the Bladestalker preset.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdkng07 View Post
    up to date leveling build that is group friendly.
    Specs that are good for leveling are awful in groups, and vice versa, so you'll want to use different builds for dungeons and soloing. Fortunately, you can carry around up to twenty different specs and switch between them any time that you're out of combat.

Soulwalker

Ya, it was a while ago. Thanks for the reply and I will see what I can do. Been playing WoW for a long time and would not at the time pay for two games. Well now Rift is f2p, and I think the current WoW xpac sucks.

Thanks

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    CERTAIN Specs that are good for leveling are awful in groups, and vice versa, so you'll want to use different builds for dungeons and soloing. Fortunately, you can carry around up to twenty different specs and switch between them any time that you're out of combat.
    Plus, if you're skilled, you CAN use pure dps specs to levelup.

+ Reply to Thread