+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help leveling

Default Need help leveling

Hi guys, I'm a rogue (obviously) currently level 43 and I'm struggling with dmg and rotations.
    I have 2 roles (one of them is Grandpa says knock you out) but I'm looking for some of currently best leveling ranged specs. I've been searching the internet but everything I've found is outdated. So if someone could help me I'd really appreciate it.
    P.S. Keep in mind i bought none of packs

Well if you want ranged, Ranger.

It's not going to be as fast, and you will not be able to kill as many enemies at once, as Nightblade or Bladedancer (50+), but it's got a tank pet and is ranged.

So there isn't really good rogue ranged high damage dealer?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Motega View Post
    Marksman but it's survivability is very limited compared to ranger.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Motega View Post
    For dungeons and raids? Yes.

For soloing? No.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    For dungeons and raids? Yes.

For soloing? No.

Tactician is ranged with a decent amount of aoe dmg and healing.

Im sure there could be some way to make a sab solo build too, but the sad part is the melee souls are just better suited to it.
    \

I've always used MM/ranger/RS for leveling. Focus the ranger until you get the good pet then the MM. End up at 40mm/36ranger at 60. Works for me. Done it a slew of times. Do rifts/quests/carnage/PvP = pretty good leveling.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Tactician is ranged with a decent amount of aoe dmg and healing.
    Tactician is, at best, a mediocre solo spec. And he specifically asked for something "very good".

I used 61 assassin most of the time to level up, you get some healing from poisons and your CD ability. You can kill the mob(s) before you get too low most of the time unless you're messing with higher level elites and even then you are usually ok unless it is an real nasty mob. Marksman should be pretty decent now for solo if you use your abilities, such as root and run buffs to kite some. Ranger is pretty ez-mode though too, with your tank pet. Make sure your pets taunt abilities are toggled on though, I've had mine unselect before.

Mostly ranger with some marksman, raptor pet (I really dislike pigs), its my crafting alt so I take it slowly. Can kill up to 5 on level and 2-3 higher level mobs at 49 now without much problem and pretty fast.
    Made my own build and macros because as you said, there is hardly anything around for leveling characters.
    Last edited by CKat; 02-04-2015 at 01:10 AM.

Plane Touched

What worked best for me was taking 15 points in Riftstalker, and then just putting everything else into your favorite high-damage DPS soul (If you don't have a favorite, use assassin because it gets you a bunch of utility for getting out of sticky situations). Take BD as your 0 point soul if it's not your damage one.

Use side steps to make your enemies miss about half the time if you're near half health (most overworld mobs don't have any way to deal with dodge)
    Use your stuns frequently
    If fighting multiple enemies, you may switch between them to apply DOT's but I find it best to still focus on burning them 1 at a time to give the RS's self-heal some time to work.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#tmyg/ykFaB595a4
    Here's an example for Assassin.
    No idea if that particular distribution of points is optimal at 43 but it does show where to put your RS points

EDIT: Seems the 3rd soul isn't showing up in that link for some reason. It's supposed to be a 0 point bladedancer for the side-steps ability.

ALSO, bring food with you. It's cheap to buy on the AH because people are always trying to unload what they crafted when leveling survival. You will most likely still need to top off your health between battles.

As far as gear, go with primary stat DEX, second Armor (on armor pieces), Third Crit power, AP, all that jazz.
    Last edited by Quwo; 02-05-2015 at 05:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread