+ Reply to Thread

Thread: physician as tanking subsoul

Plane Touched

Default physician as tanking subsoul

hi everyone. i'm telling to you what i've seen this week. while leveling my rogue i saw a rogue tank gaining 3-5k shielding in my super meter parse as 'preventive medication'. so i thought athat physician subsoul at least 4 point should be a very big win!! so i tried by myself and i see only 300-400 hps..... why??? is it a viable choice to test??

Plane Touched

update. i tried with this 61rs 11tact 4phys spec
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Xf/tkGlaGBiGB4/Thdo
    and gained the awesome shield in 5-men instance!!! only drawback i noticed, aoe aggro is a little lower, probably due to the -3% health in comparison to classi 61rs 8tact 7ranger

Prophet of Telara

looks like another scrapper spec...
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

It's not a good idea.

Using Physician as a subsoul in a tanking spec screws you over in three different ways.
    1. You take more damage and lose effective health, due not having Bolster/Enduring from Ranger
    2. Physician's base healing is extremely low. Under normal circumstances, this is compensated for the large healing bonuses from the Physician gift and various talents in the soul, but you don't have any of those.
    3. Preventive Medication scales off of Attack Power. When you are wearing tank gear, you have very low attack power.

Even in a 61 Physician spec using AP gear, Preventive Medication is still quite weak. In a tank spec with tank gear, it will absorb maybe 3% of a single attack once every 20 seconds... or you could go into Ranger, which will reduce your damage taken by 2% at all times and also increase your maximum health by 3200.

Oh, also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    only drawback i noticed, aoe aggro is a little lower, probably due to the -3% health in comparison to classi 61rs 8tact 7ranger
    That wouldn't affect AoE aggro at all.

Plane Touched

thanks for the replies. hmm, and what about the 3-5K hps shielding that i see from the super meter? still not worth? i'm not talking about a raid tanking build, but a 5men oriented one, btw

thanks for the replies. hmm, and what about the 3-5K hps shielding that i see from the super meter? still not worth? i'm not talking about a raid tanking build, but a 5men oriented one, btw
    No, it's not worth it. That's the short answer.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

There is absolutely no way that you will get 3-5k shielding per second with Preventative Medication. It is literally impossible-- it can only proc once every 20 seconds, and the shield is going to be somewhere under 2k.

I would guess that the bulk of the absorbs that you were seeing were from Rift Guard. The combat log is incredibly vague when it comes to properly tracking absorbs, and as a result, combat meter addons that try to analyze absorbs using the combat log (like Super Meter) are basically pulling numbers out of thin air and are useless for any kind of meaningful analysis of absorbs.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-01-2015 at 03:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread