+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bard heal suggestion

Telaran

Default Bard heal suggestion

basically just spent 2 hours making a post and the lovely forums decide as i submit it to ask for my username and pass again and after typing them in redirects me to a new page and does not submit my post so as i am currently frustrated here is the simplified version:

Sonnet of Hope- the bard channels his sonnet at a wounded ally over 2 seconds, raising thier spirit and healing some of thier wounds- each additional combo point raises the healing done per second

healing would be done on cast, then tick after 1 sec then tick after 2 secs, so u get 3 ticks of healing (similar to the pennance spell of wow- sorry to bring it up but its the closest comparison of a spell), the graphics would be similar to cadence but channeled on an ally and maybe have some notes surround the ally during the channel)

CP= combo point

1cp- unattractive to use (heals same as 5cp CoR would on 1 target)
    2cp- as above heals for a little more than CoR on 1 target
    3cp- reasonable heal heals for little under double what CoR would single target with 5 cps (only use if target is taking dmg and its not wise to wait till 5cps)
    4cps- heals for little over double what a 5cp CoR would single target again only use if u cant wait for 5 cps
    5cps- heals for 3x what CoR does and a single target (same abount as CoR but ticks 3 times over the channel)

these numbers are subject to change if 3xCoR healing at 5cp is too OP then can be toned down

i think with the fact CoR and SoH are both finishers, it adds to the bards aresenal without making them OP as u have to pick either the aoe heal or single target based on the situation (now this heal should be positioned a fair way into the bard tree to stop other souls picking it up unless taking bard as main tree)

i feel this spell is exactly what is needed to just complete the bard as a support char and would love to see it implimented

let me know ur thoughts and opinions on this

Flowerpot- aka Doombright for now

"The sonnet is one of several forms of lyric poetry originating in Europe. The term "sonnet" derives from the Occitan word sonet and the Italian word sonetto, both meaning "little song" or "little sound" so i think Sonnet of Hope fits well with the bard
    Last edited by Doombright; 01-31-2011 at 07:36 PM.

the fastest way to kill the bard class, to me, is to give it a single target heal.

if i wanted to be a healer, i'd play a cleric or a cholormancer

I want the utility of a bard, i do not want to worry about a single target heal.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Telaran

so basically u feel an extra heal doesnt add to the utility of a bard? now if u dont wanna heal thats up to u but lets imagine ur in a dungeon ur the support, and on a pack of mobs ur healer, through an unfortunate series of events dies, then this spell allows u to adapt to the grps needs and perform a healing role untill the pack is dead,

and just because u feel if u wanna heal it should be on a cleric or chloro doesnt mean we all do, i dont htink a bard should compete in terms of raw output but i blieve having some extra healing tools wouldnt destroy the class as u put it and it definatly adds to the utility of the class not the other way arround as u suggest

the biggest problem i had in beta 5 was when i have 5 cps there was numerous times where either the grp was topped and i wasted a CoR or i used a dps finisher which as a bard does negligble dmg, so my suggestions gives another option that might infact mean less wasting combo points for thos of us who do like to heal on our bard.
    Last edited by Doombright; 01-31-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    the fastest way to kill the bard class, to me, is to give it a single target heal.

if i wanted to be a healer, i'd play a cleric or a cholormancer

I want the utility of a bard, i do not want to worry about a single target heal.
    eh, play the class how you like, but i would be ecstatic for a single target heal...

Quote Originally Posted by Doombright View Post
    so basically u feel an extra heal doesnt add to the utility of a bard? now if u dont wanna heal thats up to u but lets imagine ur in a dungeon ur the support, and on a pack of mobs ur healer, through an unfortunate series of events dies, then this spell allows u to adapt to the grps needs and perform a healing role untill the pack is dead,

and just because u feel if u wanna heal it should be on a cleric or chloro doesnt mean we all do, i dont htink a bard should compete in terms of raw output but i blieve having some extra healing tools wouldnt destroy the class as u put it and it definatly adds to the utility of the class not the other way arround as u suggest

the biggest problem i had in beta 5 was when i have 5 cps there was numerous times where either the grp was topped and i wasted a CoR or i used a dps finisher which as a bard does negligble dmg, so my suggestions gives another option that might infact mean less wasting combo points for thos of us who do like to heal on our bard.
    it would destroy the class, because everyone will view the bard as a healer, and not a support class, there is a huge difference.

we aren't healers, but we can doa little healing, but mostly we are there to make everyone else better at what they do.
    As soon as you add a heal that is as fast and you can build 5 combo points, would horribly and forever pigeon hole us into a healing role, all the time.

I'm not sure what souls you were using, but my marksman instant finisher was critting for around 370 at lvl 19, that is considerable amount of damage.
    Last edited by Telal; 01-31-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Telaran

it would destroy the class, because everyone will view the bard as a healer, and not a support class, there is a huge difference.

we aren't healers, but we can doa little healing, but mostly we are there to make everyone else better at what they do.
    As soon as you add a heal that is as fast and you can build 5 combo points, would horribly and forever pigeon hole us into a healing role, all the time.

I'm not sure what souls you were using, but my marksman instant finisher was critting for around 370 at lvl 19, that is considerable amount of damage.
    yes because u chose MM as one of ur souls, i have Bard/NB/x the reason being i do play as healing support

now i know u said u feel a single target heal would make everyone view the bard as healer but thats simply a lack of understanding on thier part and should not govern how our class is made or played,

u clearly like bard as a buffer/debuffer with an emphises on dmg, i play as a buffer/dubuffer with an emphises on healing

and the great thing about bard is we can play how we like, both ur soul combo and play style and mine are both perfectly viable, this extra heal i propose takes nothing away from ur play style at all while is adds a much needed spell to mine as it is something missing from the healer stlye of bard

I have two roles

my "main" set up is: bard/NB/Rift
    my "let me test this" : bard/marksman/sab

both are a huge amount of fun to play, I just feel that *IF* they add a single target heal, then it needs to be a verse, with a cooldown, spamable based on combo points is going to be over powering, considering all of our other abilities.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

in a game of customization, i doubt a group has any preconceived assumptions of what you are, just state your role when looking for a party, and you'll be fine. i personally think a bard should have atleast one single target heal, cause as it stands, bard feels like its a steady flow of buffs and hp(which i think is awesome for party support), but we are left without any emergency Oh S#$%!! button to help protect a party in need, with the excpetion of the instant 5 combo point/CoR combo, but this just isnt enough...
    Last edited by rich1051414; 01-31-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rich1051414 View Post
    in a game of customization, i doubt a group has any preconceived assumptions of what you are, just state your role when looking for a party, and you'll be fine. i personally think a bard should have atleast one single target heal, cause as it stands, bard feels like its a steady flow of buffs and hp(which i think is awesome for party support), but we are left without any emergency Oh S#$%!! button to help protect a party in need, with the excpetion of the instant 5 combo point/CoR combo, but this just isnt enough...
    You have Riff (instant 5 combo points) followed by CoR, that's a pretty good "Oh S#$%!!" button, imho.

I'm not totally against it, i just think that in the form as it is presented here it would be over powered, and I know i'd use it, actually i'd probably not use any other finisher from any other role, because, of the survivability i bring to others. And, I left that behind when i stopped being a priest in "that other game" came here and said "i will not be a main healer, anymore".
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

basically just spent 2 hours making a post and the lovely forums decide as i submit it to ask for my username and pass again and after typing them in redirects me to a new page and does not submit my post so as i am currently frustrated here is the simplified version:
    Back button is a beautiful thing

Telaran

You have Riff (instant 5 combo points) followed by CoR, that's a pretty good "Oh S#$%!!" button, imho.

I'm not totally against it, i just think that in the form as it is presented here it would be over powered, and I know i'd use it, actually i'd probably not use any other finisher from any other role, because, of the survivability i bring to others. And, I left that behind when i stopped being a priest in "that other game" came here and said "i will not be a main healer, anymore".
    ok now we are making some good discussion points,

no.1 using this over any other finisher all the time wouldnt make sense, if ur already topped and so is ur grp then why waste this? u either save ur CPs which is a waste or u use a dps finisher

also as i stated in my origional post, using this with less than 5 cps would provide only a moderate heal at best, so if u chose to spam this over a dps finisher u may well find the dmg u take over the healing u put out isnt enough to keep u alive, balancing the use of this with dps abilities would be a key point in the use of this

also as posted before the requrements to get this would be pretty far in the bard tree, or even a talent to buff it could be far into the bard tree, making it not an option for hybrid bards

if u spam as suggested above ur only dmg would be from cadence use, or if u chose to build combo points with ur MM abilities then u lose cadence healing and only have a 5cp heal finsher so ok u might not die to easily but u wont be able to kill anyone either

agreed though that this could be seen to be OP but an easy fix is juts put a talent 20+ points into bard to buff its healing, at lvl 30+ the dmg u do from other souls having gone this far into bard isnt gonna be high enough to warrent nerf calls
    Last edited by Doombright; 01-31-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Back button is a beautiful thing
    back button decided to take me to a broken page and no further, was the first thing i tried believe it or not lol

Another problem is that it would have to be deep in the bard tree or deep in the spent soul points tree... otherwise Imma pick that up for my stealther... awesome single target heal for a minimal investment, yes please.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Manmadegod View Post
    Another problem is that it would have to be deep in the bard tree or deep in the spent soul points tree... otherwise Imma pick that up for my stealther... awesome single target heal for a minimal investment, yes please.
    guess u posted that before i replied, but as above it would be far down into the tree, maybe same lvl as chloros single target heal lvl 21ish

as i said wont be easy to implimet this but if chloros can get a single target heal without every other mage spec going chloro for the healing then it must be possible

guess u posted that before i replied, but as above it would be far down into the tree, maybe same lvl as chloros single target heal lvl 21ish

as i said wont be easy to implimet this but if chloros can get a single target heal without every other mage spec going chloro for the healing then it must be possible
    Yeah, I was playing TF 2 and tabbed out during map swaps lol... before i replied... I do think that it would be awesome to give a chloro level single target heal if its further down the bard tree.... having some control burst healing would add flexibility to the bard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast