+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Soul Feedback - Marksman

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Soul Feedback - Marksman

Starting off a fresh thread that'll be stickied to top.

Here are the changes going live today:

MARKSMAN
    * Barbed Shot:
    - Has changed places in the talent tree with Ranged Combat Mastery.
    - Now deals minimal instant damage and applies a 15s bleed afterwards, with no movement required.
    - While bleeding, it increases the chances of the target being critically hit by Marksman channeled abilities by 10%.
    * Free Recoil: No longer a short term combat buff. Now a 1h self buff that persists through death. New description is: Rapid Fire Shot consumes a max of 2 Combo Points. Cast time of Deadeye Shot is reduced by 0.5s.
    * Decoy: Has been removed.
    * New Ability: Calculated Shot: Replaces Decoy. Instant cast, 12s cooldown ranged physical damage. Removes movement buffs provided by Swift Shot and Hasted Shot. If a movement buff is removed, cooldown is set to 0. Awards 1 Combo Point.
    * Ranged Combat Mastery:
    - Has changed places in the talent tree with Barbed Shot.
    - Now a 1hr self buff with a 10s cooldown and 10 energy cost.
    - Increases ranged and channeled damage by 5%.
    * Quick Reload: Now a passive that awards a Combo Point every 3s while the Rogue is out of combat.
    * Rapid Extrication has been removed. With its removal, all Marksman abilities with cooldowns have had their cooldown timers reduced.
    * New Talent: Flawless Precision: Has been added in place of Rapid Extrication. Now increases the damage of Swift Shot, Empowered Shot, Lightning Fury, Sentry Battery and Rapid Fire Shot by 10/20%.
    * Sentry Battery: Is now a 3s Single Target channeled attack that awards Combo points each second channeled. 60s cooldown.
    * Shoot to Kill: Now affects Sentry Battery.
    * Lightning Fury:
    - Now awards a Combo Point.
    - Now has a 10s cooldown.
    - The armor debuff portion now lasts 30s.
    * Bullís Eye: Now increases critical hit chance by 25% for 5s.
    * Hasty Departure: Now causes On the Double to apply an absorb shield when used.
    * Deaden: Now has a debilitate component in addition to the interrupt. A target can only be debilitated by Deaden once every 45s.

MASTERIES
    * Boundless Energy: Now only increases stack count of Silver Tip Munitions by 1 instead of 2.

Ascendant

This is slightly off-topic, and I'm only asking because I'm curious, but would Bladedancer's 'Weapon Barrage' be getting changed to work the same as Deaden does?

I really don't care either way, but since the two abilities were pretty much analogues of one another I wonder if this was a Deaden-specific deal or part of a general change to such 'debilitate on interrupt' abilities.
    Last edited by Kedon; 01-28-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    This is slightly off-topic, and I'm only asking because I'm curious, but would Bladedancer's 'Weapon Barrage' be getting changed to work the same as Deaden does?

I really don't care either way, but since the two abilities were pretty much analogues of one another I wonder if this was a Deaden-specific deal or part of a general change to such 'debilitate on interrupt' abilities.
    I hope not. It would be huge nerf for this melee spec which is far from being top anyway. Besides, BD already have other debilitate.

On Topic: I would like to get official informations whether old PvP reductions on MM abilities were removed after the rework. If not, please state why.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Gotta say, i'm not liking this.

I was super excited for the rework, thinking it was going to be an improvement on the original spec, and what was delivered was something wholly different. The entire spec feels different, clunky, and disorganized. The rotation (if you can call it that) is totally priority based. If *this* then *this*, refresh *this*, *this* is off CD so recast. ALL of the rotation is like this making this spec feel more like a turret than the run and gun it used to have.

All in all, you made one of the easiest specs for rogues one of it's most complicated. The rotations are nowhere near streamline. Marksman needed more damage, and yes, the rotation could be changed up a bit, but it's play-ability didn't need repaved though.
    Nikodemos@laethys - Lvl 65 Rogue Enthusiast

Telaran

I actually hate the new setup.
    Perhaps it's because we got used to the old abilities etc but this is so complicated and clunky.
    Starting off with a finisher? Put it back the way it was and up the damage.
    It's annoying me so much I'm considering not playing anymore.

Telaran

Okay tried it again today, can't stand the new MM. Leaving, see you all again.

Shadowlander

I like that the rotation isn't something you can do blindfolded any more, still trying to work out something optimal though.

I do however have issues with free recoil and ranged combat master being made into 1 hour buffs, why arent these passives or at least un-purgeable?. All I seem to be doing in PvP is rebuffing....all anyone has to do to shut down a MM in pvp is purge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    I actually hate the new setup.
    Perhaps it's because we got used to the old abilities etc but this is so complicated and clunky.
    Starting off with a finisher? Put it back the way it was and up the damage.
    It's annoying me so much I'm considering not playing anymore.
    I agree. Pyro and Inq's rotation is very smooth. I learned both within 10 minutes. After 30-40 minutes on the new MM, things are just odd. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's either having to clip barbed shot before my channels and burst, trying to squeeze in sentry battery before bull's eye falls off, using hasted shot before calculated shot comes off c/d, etc.

Soulwalker

O no I can't learn a spec in a few mins even tho its cranking out insane dps it's the end of the world!

Prophet of Telara

Can we get old Deaden back? New one is weak, boring and counterintuitive. 45s is a lot and hard to track when switching between many targets in big fights.

Strafe dmg needs to be buffed. It needs to be a part of the rotation. Change calculated shot to be more rewarding rather than a trade between movement and cd reduction.

Here's an idea for Calculated shot change. On top of what it is add bonus dmg when attack hit the target which have positive % of HP. (100%, 98%, 96%, etc) This way we can get a little more out of it when timing correctly.

Make some of the buffs not purgable. Rogues are the only calling which have either all buffs purgable or have high pvp reduction on abilities (Vladd made Curative Engine not purgable in the past, just to reduce it's effect later by 50% in pvp, which made it totaly worthless. Getting 100hp back max once per second is laughable with 70k HP and 15k crits from Pyro or Inq)

I feel disappointed with the lack of survivality and sustain. Tempest got a Jolt for self healing + you can get 11 points in to Warlord / 4 Reaver for Recovery Posture, perma OGCD slow and a block without shield. This makes soloing a lot easier and you dont even have to sacrifice lot's of dps for it.

Inq got JP and abilities that restore his HP + passives that transfer some of the dots dmg in to hp.

I see plenty of room for improvement without worrying that it will get overbuffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    Okay tried it again today, can't stand the new MM. Leaving, see you all again.
    You obviously haven't given it time and actually played it enough. Sad to see you leave frustrated when you don't give a spec time.

45 seconds on an interrupt is too long (I understand it has a debilitate how about making the debilitate PvP only and reduce Cd for PvE). Strafe is too weak.

It's survivability is lower than ranger by a fair whack, I know this is supposed to be THE soul to go to now, but especially in PvP I'm finding it harder to stay alive now, which is more frustrating.

True to rotation seems to be clunky and I really dislike the fact that the entire spec is based on fitting everything you possibly can into bulls eye. That needs a rework in my eyes. (I.E using a finisher gives all MM abilities x% to crit based on 1/2/3/4/5 CP) Bulls Eye then becomes a passive which increases that.

Quick Reload i feel was something that was a last second thought and is utterly pointless.

Can at least the one hour buffs be unpurgeable? As You'll know Vladd everyone will be going MM. The amount of purges that are in PvP is just nuts atm.
    Fail Rogue of <Vantage> @ Deepwood
    4/4 RoF 5/5 MS 1/3 TF

* Ranged Combat Mastery:
    - Has changed places in the talent tree with Barbed Shot.
    - Now a 1hr self buff with a 10s cooldown and 10 energy cost.
    - Increases ranged and channeled damage by 5%.

Boring.Add the Dam passiv and give us something to play with

* Quick Reload: Now a passive that awards a Combo Point every 3s while the Rogue is out of combat.
    Useless.
    + Good Marksman never finished Fight with no Points left anyway.This just takes away Skillfaktor.

* Boundless Energy: Now only increases stack count of Silver Tip Munitions by 1 instead of 2.
    Srsly?

Played MM since Headstart (Yes,even Patch 1.4).Only MM.Only WF.One after another.
    Not much difference to pre Rework imo.You still have to WANT to play MM,no other Reason to do so.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Hmm, my rotation seems fine, damage is nice and quickly generated. It seems to be a pleasing dungeon runner, pvp, and open world spec. Deaden could be on a shorter cooldown, and buffs should not be purgable I agree. Not having to have a pet makes this worth it to me. I am personally enjoying the heck out of this revamped MM. Even soloing the open world bosses is satisfying. Keep up the good work! One more thing.., instant Deadeye, or at least be able to move whilst it is casting would really make my day!
    Last edited by JabberWokky; 01-29-2015 at 03:08 PM.

One small request:
    Could you remove Free Recoil's whirly effect thing? Since it's been changed from a single charge short-term buff to a 1 hour buff, I don't want to be running around with a permanent tornado around my character.
    Shinryujin | Tsuyuko | Chieri | Kimiyomi

Ascendant

Free Recoil at a minimum should be immune to purge. Similar treatment is given to other callings rotation defining buffs. I would also agree the perma visual is a bit much from the Free Recoil buff.

I am still struggling with the Bull's Eye buff not being a stacking mechanic. Getting 5 abilities in the window during the lag-fest that is raiding is really hit or miss.

Otherwise the rotation is great. Calculated mechanic is spot on and really brings a different feel that isn't found in other rogue specs. Nice rework overall imo.
    Haybale@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast