+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Soul Feedback - Marksman

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    You can put multiple buffs in one separated by commas. Like here's one for one of the endurance buffs:
    Heroic Resolve,Neddra's Might,Shared Vigor,Heroic Resolve
    Put multiple buffs in one what? Kalert?

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Put multiple buffs in one what? Kalert?
    Yeah, 1 KAlert. It's a useful way to monitor for speed buffs as well, as Swift Shot and Hasted Shot have different buffs and by separating them by commas, you can monitor for both buffs and be notified if you can use CS without putting it on CD.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Difficulty does not equal clunky.
    Yea. If you're into some sort of masochistic torture that is. Games are meant to be fun. This isnt. Double that when I hop on my reaver or inq alt for comparison. This spec was supposed to be roughly inq equivalent wasnt it ? Whoever thinks this is it, is right down ******ed.

Clunky shot and 1 sec timewindow for SB within BE block are among worst designs EVER in MMOs. Maybe not the worst, but definetly rank up there.

Add to that kalerts, macros, gadgets, KBM etc. for more fail design.

I would love to just switch out to my alt but I can't I'm past the point of no return due to gear grind. If I knew any of this **** was coming to rogues I would have never played one. What a mistake this is.
    Last edited by Shouku; 03-10-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    Yea. If you're into some sort of masochistic torture that is. Games are meant to be fun. This isnt. Double that when I hop on my reaver or inq alt for comparison. This spec was supposed to be roughly inq equivalent wasnt it ? Whoever thinks this is it, is right down ******ed.

Clunky shot and 1 sec timewindow for SB within BE block are among worst designs EVER in MMOs. Maybe not the worst, but definetly rank up there.

Add to that kalerts, macros, gadgets, KBM etc. for more fail design.

I would love to just switch out to my alt but I can't I'm past the point of no return due to gear grind. If I knew any of this **** was coming to rogues I would have never played one. What a mistake this is.

Its not like you only have 1 viable dps spec. Nbsin,61 assasin and 61nb say hi

About mm well...stop complaining and practice more....

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    if you use all the time you waste here complaining in actually practicing the spec....but i guess criying is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    if you use all the time you waste here complaining in actually practicing the spec....but i guess criying is easier.
    I have practiced the spec and it still doesn't change my OPINION that it is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    I have practiced the spec and it still doesn't change my OPINION that it is garbage
    Saying you dislike the spec, or saying the spec is garbage are two very different things, saying you dislike it is your opinion, saying it's garbage is trashing somebody's work. If you don't like it, don't play it, coming and complaining on the forums about it is useless unless you can provide useful feedback about the functionality of the spec. Btw saying it is too hard is not usefil information since you can dumb it down and play it at 70% effectiveness.

ILikeOranges@Zaviel - ARAK IS FINALLY DEAD (MoM World 1st)

Plane Touched

Micro-managing marksman and getting decent dps is still considerably easier than the old pyro advanced rotation before they got a major change – that guide on valvalval.net (now removed) had me scratching my head and wondering if I would ever get my head around it.

Having a class that can do decent dps when heavily relying on macros and then providing extra dps for someone who has truly mastered it means that you won’t get the usual people demanding that the class gets nerfed.

Soulwalker

Scrub here (casual player) which plays a 61 MM/11 Rng / 4 NB and a my new favorite casual hybrid 32 Rng/44 MM.

I know it wont matter but I felt like Quick Reload is now useless since there's barely any time for me being out of combat (just got to lv60).
    Would've liked it if it was like a variant or something of Opportunity talent in Ranger tree (one which gives chance to gain 1 combo point after using finisher),
    or if it lowers GCD of Marksman abilities by 0.2 or something (because I'm also having trouble squeezing in abilities within bull's eye duration due to lag).

Using my 61 MM build, I feel the new MM just needs a getting used to aside from a bit of fixes like for Free Recoil visual effect and the fact that 2 new buffs are purgeable (Free Recoil and Ranged Combat Mastery).

Using my casual hybrid 44 MM/ 32 Ranger, the rotation has been a chore with too many things to watch out for; although with quite a bit of tweak in my macros and kalert, I can manage to get by so far (still unoptimized imo).

Other than these, I dont know if there's anything else to complain about.
    The idea behind the calculated shot was acceptable enough, and DPS-wise (from both builds) I do feel the DPS increase (cant say how huge since I'm just a casual player).
    Last edited by Cormaiel; 03-31-2015 at 11:28 PM.

MM is easy, boring, badly designed, clunky and dull.

Made me a mage cause got bored, nothing to do on main. Read Heartbeats pyro guide. Pyro dps is crap but rotation is fun, with procs and all that good stuff.

Soulwalker

I think many opinions of when the MM revamp was first released are....well laughable. To quit the game over it? Really?

MM performs far better than it ever has...We should be happy.

I am huge on PVP so here is my perspective of the build in comparison to other classes.

Yes, it can feel a little clunky building up to your big finishers (Kinda but not really) and to make the build optimal you must use macros but overall so long as your not targeting a tank spec warrior half the time you find damage is comparable to other classes. Although I still feel MM's 1v1 capabilities vs other classes is still limited in Pvp with skill and good gear this role will create a lot of havoc as I have.

With all of that said: I want to reiterate that I feel survivability is more of an issue for MM's than its lack of two-shotting players. Yes, range is our weapon and our safety net as a whole but once a good player is on you your essentially done unless you had the jump on him. When your a 61 MM you do not have access to the CC Breaks and Defensive abilities that Ranger has. I feel like a burst glass cannon. Once I have unloaded my CD's if I still have 40% to tag off...I am pretty much done. There is nothing that will help me get through this down phase in a combat situation except for Deaden which 9/10 is broken in a quarter of a second firing or running/LOS. Running is usually moot because other classes have range and other abilities to close the distance as well as defensive CD's...MM's only get movement, not both.

For example, I have lost several times to Rangers...Because for 10 seconds I can do absolutely no damage to them. 10 seconds is a long *** time in a pvp fight. If I blow big CD's when this ability is activated, its' over.

Why does MM not have something "comparable"? I am not asking for invulnerability...But rather something like a huge buff to Dodge for a short period of time? That way the MM still has a chance of being hit, but has more of a chance of reaching his CD's again before its too late?

Plane Touched

Marksman having sub-par defense is appropriate, we shouldn't have unmitigated self-heals or ranged slip aways. Marksman definitely doesn't need any PvP-related buffs.

You also don't need any macros to play Marksman effectively, and it shouldn't take you the entire 10 second duration of diffuse to kill the pet.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nebucent View Post
    Marksman having sub-par defense is appropriate, we shouldn't have unmitigated self-heals or ranged slip aways. Marksman definitely doesn't need any PvP-related buffs.

You also don't need any macros to play Marksman effectively, and it shouldn't take you the entire 10 second duration of diffuse to kill the pet.
    I never said self-heals or ranged slip aways. I agree with you.

To streamline your abilities and get more bang for your buck you need to use macros especially when it comes to calculated shot...Most of it you can play without a macro though.

While I used the Ranger as just an example..The pet can be lost in the clutter of the fight and by the time you do find it/target and kill it...The Ranger got almost his entire 10 seconds.

MM could use SOMETHING.

Plane Touched

The problem is giving more tools to an already really good ranged soul in a game that is already dominated by ranged souls.

Marksman is actually one of the few Rogue souls that doesn't benefit from many macros, which is why people generally don't recommend using many macros with MM. In fast-paced PvP I can see why some people would use a lot of them, but you'll have less control.

Poor defense is definitely a weakness that Marksman has, but it's justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawkx View Post
    MM could use SOMETHING.
    Marksman could use something, but it shouldn't get something.

Buff retreat though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast