+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Soul Feedback - Marksman

Eas
    Telaran

Not sure if this is a bug or intended, so posting it here.

Strafe should grant immunity to stun, and snare. But in wfs I still get stunned while using strafe.
    United we stand, divided we fall, all as one!

Quote Originally Posted by Eas View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug or intended, so posting it here.

Strafe should grant immunity to stun, and snare. But in wfs I still get stunned while using strafe.
    There have been a lot of PvP specific MM nerfs. A whole lot. Well over a year ago, Strafe was nerfed to not grant any immunity in PvP. Can't blame anyone for not knowing that, as it's not like there's any source you can go to in order to see a list of the soul's currently active nerfs.

But there you go, technically WAI.

Here you go, deets:

"* Marksman: Strafe: The immunity to Snare/Root/Stun no longer applies in Warfronts and Conquest."

Patch 2.1 HF 1, 12/20/2012

Literally gone for years now. Wonder if all of those other MM nerfs (sniper training et al) are still being applied.

Here's some feedback: MM is still garbage, try harder next time.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Here's some feedback: MM is still garbage, try harder next time.
    mm is a competitive raid spec, problem is it needs quite a lot of micromanaging and every mistake ****s your dps.

It can be played by new players in a "easy"mode while they learn how to use it properly and still outdps ranger by a couple of thousands dps.

Prophet of Telara

Strafe channel needs to be reduced down to 3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

So uhhhh, what are the chances the pvp reductions could be lifted from MM? Eh?

wink wink nudge nudge

You know you wanna try it Vladd.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Plane Walker

* Static Shot: Cooldown has been increased to 30s.
    Are you kidding me? I guess it was the one piece of standout utility that Marksman had left so they felt it needed attention.

So now it has the same CD as Burning Bonds, but lasts for half as long because reasons. Hell, now it has the same cooldown as Bewilder, except for that it doesn't prevent the target from acting.

On the plus side, you can still use On the Double to break out of the root when someone uses it on you. Try that with Trepidation or Bewilder.

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    Are you kidding me? I guess it was the one piece of standout utility that Marksman had left so they felt it needed attention.

So now it has the same CD as Burning Bonds, but lasts for half as long because reasons. Hell, now it has the same cooldown as Bewilder, except for that it doesn't prevent the target from acting.

On the plus side, you can still use On the Double to break out of the root when someone uses it on you. Try that with Trepidation or Bewilder.
    Logic can not be applied to ppl who make class changes

Telaran

Another issue with static shot is that if you 'miss' with that shot, it also goes on (now 30 sec) cd, since your movement speed didn't get removed.

So even if you have a 'perfect' rotation, you can still get screwed for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruupi View Post
    Another issue with static shot is that if you 'miss' with that shot, it also goes on (now 30 sec) cd, since your movement speed didn't get removed.

So even if you have a 'perfect' rotation, you can still get screwed for dps.
    Static Shot is a utility ability that roots your target and has no business anywhere near your normal dps rotation. Also if any of your abilities are missing/being avoided outside of PvP you are undergeared for that content and shouldn't be doing it.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

lol as if having the best ranged dps, a purge, and an ogcd debilitate wasn't enough, we also need to immobilize our targets 1/3 of the time with cc on such a short cd we never even have to think about when to use it.

mm didn't have a reliable second form of cc (the new deaden) nor did it have competitive dps before the most recent changes so something has to give somewhere. there is too much outgoing cc from ranged souls in pvp as it is.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    lol as if having the best ranged dps, a purge, and an ogcd debilitate wasn't enough, we also need to immobilize our targets 1/3 of the time with cc on such a short cd we never even have to think about when to use it.
    Sorry, couldn't hear you just then. Was running around for 8s due to an unlimited target control CC that doesn't break on damage. I'm guessing that Inqusitors are feeling bit salty because their CC immunity, PvP reduction bypassing self heal, and damage spike ability reset got removed?

Oh, none of those things happened?

But here's a tip for being hit with that nasty off GCD debilitate when immunity isn't up: hit that 20s CD CC break. Then you're good for 45 seconds.

To be honest, if they're trying to reduce the amount of CC in PvP that's not a bad goal. It's weird that this is the first soul revamp to cut utility by this amount instead of festooning it through every branch of the soul tree. Maybe we're just too used to seeing Kervik's revamps.

So fine. Take the mobility down a peg. Keep the CC. But. What is bad is how there aren't the same level of defenses included we see in the other top tier DPS souls. Perseverance, Flicker, Elude, access to Dark Passage. The passive mitigation throughout Tempest, some level of self healing as in Inquisitor or just Jolt. Even just the minor additional shields and damage reduction of Pyro.

And really, no, it still doesn't make any sense to the root last half as long as the Pyro version with the exact same CD. Feel free to nerf that too in the name of saving PvP from CC.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Static Shot is a utility ability that roots your target and has no business anywhere near your normal dps rotation. Also if any of your abilities are missing/being avoided outside of PvP you are undergeared for that content and shouldn't be doing it.
    80% sure he meant Swift Shot missing messing up the Calculated Shot CD and 50% sure he was thinking about PvP. There is a big disparity in how misses hose some soul's rotations but others take it in stride with only minor loss. Used to be more of a non-issue, but the current PvP situation runs people into it now.

I'm guessing that Inqusitors
    looks like you spelled shaman wrong. easy mistake to make i suppose.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast