+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Soul Feedback - Marksman

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Calculated mechanic is spot on and really brings a different feel that isn't found in other rogue specs. Nice rework overall imo.
    +1 on that

All i can read from people complaining is: god i have to use 8 buttons(3 of them 1 minute cd)!!!! bring back the old(3 buttons) spec but buff the dmg so i can do something because managing calculated shot is too hard!

for the love of god...weve got a revamp boosting mm dps for at least 30% and still you are complaining. i honestly dont get it....

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    +1 on that

All i can read from people complaining is: god i have to use 8 buttons(3 of them 1 minute cd)!!!! bring back the old(3 buttons) spec but buff the dmg so i can do something because managing calculated shot is too hard!

for the love of god...weve got a revamp boosting mm dps for at least 30% and still you are complaining. i honestly dont get it....
    Yeah, meanwhile new Reaver and it's hybrids are 2-3 button spec with more dps and cleave.
    Last edited by Otts; 01-29-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    +1 on that

Personally for me, I wouldn't mind an 8 button spec, I don't care that I have to use more buttons. I still play Tact in open world and it's easily got 8 buttons+, the same goes with NB/SIN, and Bard. There are essential abilities that need to be cast here and there, and then it has it's basic rotation. This spec has NO basic rotation, because there is nothing basic about it.

The issue for me is how conditional the rotation is. It's not smooth at all, and you are constantly chasing the rotation, instead of it having smooth transitions. Almost every other soul i've ever used has that, with CD's and debuffs and other such things being on point with the rotations. I've basically resorted to dumbing down parts of the MM rotation in order to streamline the damned thing at the cost of some DPS. 8 buttons, 5 buttons, 3 buttons, it doesn't matter to me. I just want the thing to make sense.
    Nikodemos@laethys - Lvl 65 Rogue Enthusiast

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    Yeah, meanwhile new Reaver and it's hybrids are 2-3 button spec with more dps and cleave.
    And because warriors got another of their faceroll specs we should have one too?

We havent had a competitive dps range spec for a looooooooooooooooong time(and yes ranger wasnt a competitive option...). It didnt really matter because the only not mele friendly fight during ST was eggtenders but getting into new bosses knowing your only competitive option was to go mele...now if for whatever reason we cant go mele we can at least be competitive playing mm.

Plane Walker

Change free recoil to passive / non purgable. Bull's eye in PvP for me is a real pain in the butt most of the time the lag was just too much and I wasn't able to get SB off in time. Maybe put bull's eye to next x attacks deal x% of damage, would this not solve the issue around lag?

All in all I like the change to Marksman, thanks to all that made this happen.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Rift Master

I honestly think the new MM is poor and seems a rushed revamp which needed like another month or so to actually perfect.. The rotation is down right boring and is virutally the same rotation up until u hit cd block.. The spec is just trying to mimic a inq/pyro and failed miserably

There is potential for the spec to be fun and im sure we will see more changes over the coming months..
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

What is a fin spec? I play a lot of spec and classes and i have fun only on NB or NB/sin but until the spec is no boring as ranger is, it's good for me (if the balance is good too...)
    Last edited by xosomething; 01-30-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

Shadowlander

Can we get 3 tick strafe & 3 tick sentry battery... Adjust the damage accordingly of course. Doing ES + strafe and ES + SB to 5 combo points instead of clipping them would make this much smoother and less clunky.

BSE
    Plane Touched

I have to agree on the rotation issue others are having. Although the increase in dps is nice, and I can certainly see the intent behind Calculated Shot in having MM choose between movement and DPS still Calculated Shot being a builder feels odd and it messes with what was a rather clean rotation as a MM imo.

Maybe Calculated Shot would fit better as a Finisher? But then it wouldn't do its job so much as in movement-deprivation.... Maybe it could apply a debuff to MM that would prevent any movement-buff for a time after being used?

love people coming here and bragging that they can press 3-4 more buttons compared to others.....such elitism nonsense
    Last edited by mics001; 01-30-2015 at 08:37 PM.

I personally like the new MM, it's not something faceroll without being something really complicate.
    The dps seems mostly fine, and a good rotation is rewarding while a poor one will bring your dps to the ranger level or even lower.

It does lack of tools and cooldowns, it feels a bit hollow to me, I would rather has some more skills to do on cooldowns to burst, but having the same dps (since I found it to be well tunned, maybe not perfect but still good).

Thanks for this rework.

Quote Originally Posted by mics001 View Post
    love people coming here and bragging that they can press 3-4 more buttons compared to others.....such elitism nonsense
    Do you see the discussions that go on in these forums? Seriously. Read them, and the guides. That "elitism" is bred by the fact you have people saying ridiculous things like Ranger is still pulling more dps and guides that use macros like:

#show Dusk to Dawn
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Death From the Shadows
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Expose Weakness

while making outrageous claims that Rogues can't compete. "The old Marksman rotation was clean." The old rotation wasn't a rotation. Those people used one button then and they use one button now. It is particularly frustrating to read.

Though I am a bit bitter that Reaver ended up walking out of the MM revamp with more changes, and several of the things I would have really loved to see Rogues get like a 20s break free. We are now the only calling without it. The closest we get is 58 points into Nightblade with a 50% longer CD.
    Last edited by Stihl; 01-30-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Do you see the discussions that go on in these forums? Seriously. Read them, and the guides. That "elitism" is bred by the fact you have people saying ridiculous things like Ranger is still pulling more dps and guides that use macros like:

#show Dusk to Dawn
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dusk to Dawn
    cast Death From the Shadows
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Savage Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Expose Weakness

while making outrageous claims that Rogues can't compete. "The old Marksman rotation was clean." The old rotation wasn't a rotation. Those people used one button then and they use one button now. It is particularly frustrating to read.

Though I am a bit bitter that Reaver ended up walking out of the MM revamp with more changes, and several of the things I would have really loved to see Rogues get like a 20s break free. We are now the only calling without it. The closest we get is 58 points into Nightblade with a 50% longer CD.
    +1!

mics001: no one is bragging about how many keys can press. But with all the stupidities we have to read here, not to mention the quality of the mm"guides" people is posting. The lack of knowlegde some people is showing but still they have the balls to go "cocky" and call "elitist pricks" to anyone triying to post real info or actually help them(just to be clear this is not against you)

Plane Touched

To many buffs to cast, got purged in pvp ? Check. Boring, change all rogue buffs to immune to purge. It is not fun

Can handle the new rotation no biggie, my transformation greater procs less with mm than nb/sin but since the DPS is still bad with mm I won't be using it for tight enrage timer fights. Feel like we need a confuse cool down added to mm for PvP, I find it rather annoying cleric can cc you or fear and when break free on CD it's gg for them. Not able to kite in PvP if you want to DPS well so we lost the run speed that may have helped in PvP. Retreat still sucks if I use it against a zerg group they can run up in melee range by the time I landed from the awful animation lag, hang time not even sure what's the point of this spell. Just make it a backwards blink with no lag please. I also dislike that I have to give up silvertip for vampiric in PvP. I found a bug with vampiric when it reads heals for 0 (5 over heal) in PvP no idea what I was dpsing at the time but I'm sure he was healed. I was overall not very hyped for MM changes.

Though, I will admit if Vladd was truly aiming for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    The goals of these changes (and those that follow) are to bring Marksman up to par with the other ranged souls like Pyro, Tempest and Inquisitor.
    he missed the mark.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast