+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 3.1 MM - New Guide Needed?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I'll be updating my MM guide at some point in the next couple of weeks.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...arksman-9.html

As per the parse in this post, I got my rotation down. I spent few hours total on PTS and its down to muscle memory. I checked the percentages of abilities used here and I'm very close to them, so again, I got my rotation down. Yet, I am unable to achieve 81k+ DPS on the raid dummy as is in this parse or come anywhere close to it.

Some explanation is required here. Was this parse done in full lvl 65 raid gear on a lowbie lvl 60 or lower dummy ? If so, I dont understand its relevance, what does an actual parse look like on the lvl 67 raid dummy in dreumheim and without raid gear, just all expert tier, essences included.

So if this parse was done in expert gear on the level 67 raid dummy pulling 81k+, then indeed I am doing something grossly wrong and would like to know what it is so I can improve, if not, then it needs to be explained and some new parsing on appropriate level targets needs to be done. 1000 hit expert gear, lvl 67 raid dummy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...arksman-9.html

As per the parse in this post, I got my rotation down. I spent few hours total on PTS and its down to muscle memory. I checked the percentages of abilities used here and I'm very close to them, so again, I got my rotation down. Yet, I am unable to achieve 81k+ DPS on the raid dummy as is in this parse or come anywhere close to it.

Some explanation is required here. Was this parse done in full lvl 65 raid gear on a lowbie lvl 60 or lower dummy ? If so, I dont understand its relevance, what does an actual parse look like on the lvl 67 raid dummy in dreumheim and without raid gear, just all expert tier, essences included.

So if this parse was done in expert gear on the level 67 raid dummy pulling 81k+, then indeed I am doing something grossly wrong and would like to know what it is so I can improve, if not, then it needs to be explained and some new parsing on appropriate level targets needs to be done. 1000 hit expert gear, lvl 67 raid dummy.
    Expert gear parses without raid buffs are irrelevant as they don't represent current tier value with people capping cp and owning relic weapons. Those parses were in the foundry on a 67 dummy in live gear.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GM5K View Post
    maybe they managed the damage of this specc to where it belongs: above my beloved (beeing sarcastic, attention!) ranger. sounds like more damage but i'm afraid of it beeing equal to ranger, should be about 10% more in my opinion... and i'm looking forward to see muspels new guide, at this point a big thank you for all your nice work!
    Looks like you actually did a lot of parses with mm on pts....

Rift Disciple

I just re-read the notes and ran a few parses on my rogue. Almost no difference in overall dps in 1m and 5m parses, compared to the old build, and only about 1k overall difference between keeping the dot on and not using it at all in the first place. Since it only applies to channeled abilities, we have strafe or aoe. Since we're supposed to clip strafe anyway, it's almost a useless change. Who would bother taking the massive loss in dps by using a single target ability in an aoe pull that only increases damage on the single target and not the group as a whole?

Quick reload is now an overall dps LOSS because it only affects your very first attack, allowing you to use RFS instead of a builder, which we usually did anyway. Honestly, how often do you finish on trash with 0CP? Almost never.

Removal of decoy is a dps loss overall, even more so since quick reload is gone and you can't double decoy.

Altogether a useless update to a spec that badly needs an overall dps increase.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by yoshirawr View Post
    mind-blowing.
    will you be in town for some more lollygagging? pretty sure you are an afker from sanctum, right?

I just re-read the notes and ran a few parses on my rogue. Almost no difference in overall dps in 1m and 5m parses, compared to the old build, and only about 1k overall difference between keeping the dot on and not using it at all in the first place. Since it only applies to channeled abilities, we have strafe or aoe. Since we're supposed to clip strafe anyway, it's almost a useless change. Who would bother taking the massive loss in dps by using a single target ability in an aoe pull that only increases damage on the single target and not the group as a whole?

Quick reload is now an overall dps LOSS because it only affects your very first attack, allowing you to use RFS instead of a builder, which we usually did anyway. Honestly, how often do you finish on trash with 0CP? Almost never.

Removal of decoy is a dps loss overall, even more so since quick reload is gone and you can't double decoy.

I have to assume you haven't seen calculated shot, and you aren't using sentry battery or deadeye shot. Am I wrong?

It's a troll or an overall one button spec rogue player... I can't choose
    T1 clear -- T2 clear -- MoM clear

Prophet of Telara

I wonder if you actually push buttons....holly mother of jesus....

I get it.

We take to forums and say how horrible it is so it doesnt get nerfed out the gate.

Misdirection. Very Rogue-ish of you.

Telaran

The sentry battery cool down is really going to affect my play style with bosses. I like a lot of mobility and using sentry battery whilst not fantastic allowed me to hit and run whilst shooting. No more.
    Big changes indeed, I'm not sure if I like them. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    The sentry battery cool down is really going to affect my play style with bosses. I like a lot of mobility and using sentry battery whilst not fantastic allowed me to hit and run whilst shooting. No more.
    I... what?

If you were using Sentry Battery on bosses prior to its redesign in 3.1, then you were doing things extremely wrong. It was an absolutely massive DPS loss due to the low, low damage that it did.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-28-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I... what?

If you were using Sentry Battery on bosses prior to its redesign in 3.1, then you were doing things extremely wrong. It was an absolutely massive DPS loss due to the low, low damage that it did.
    Like somebody was using mm on raid bosses before...

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Like somebody was using mm on raid bosses before...
    He didn't say raid bosses. He said bosses.

Telaran

I... what?

These where either nmr or zone event bosses when I had aggro. I was running. You don't have a tank all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwio View Post
    These where either nmr or zone event bosses when I had aggro. I was running. You don't have a tank all the time.
    I know.

Even if you were moving, Sentry Battery was still ****ing awful. You could do the entire ST rotation on the move with the exception of Deadeye Shot and do at least double the damage of channeling Sentry Battery. (And you'd even get movement speed bonuses that way!) Using Sentry Battery for single-target was worse than literally anything other than spamming Fan Out or using Chain Destruction. Hell, you could have macroed "/cancelbuff Shoot to Kill" onto your ST rotation with no munitions on and it would have still outDPSed Sentry Battery.

The only thing that the old version of Sentry Battery was useful for was AoE.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-28-2015 at 07:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast