+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rogue Warfront Builds

Plane Walker

Default Rogue Warfront Builds

Recently I've seen a lot of rogues struggle in warfronts either using builds that are not well suited for pvp or just not using the right builds to their full potential. I've played Rift since launch, as a rogue, and I've played online mmo's since around 1997. I've been a pvper the whole time.

I'm not claiming these are the best builds there are, to be honest I don't believe there is such thing as "best" build, at least not in Rift, but there are certainly some that are better than others. These are builds that I use on a regular basis in warfronts and I'm offering them as a starting point for either new rogues or rogues new to pvp who haven't found anything helpful on the forums. You can critique them if you want, but that's not why they're here.

Also, you should understand my general philosophy behind pvp and how that plays in to these roles being effective for me. I believe a good offense and good CC is the best defense, so I often forgo straight defensive abilities in favor of damage and CC. I have an aggressive playstyle and I almost always solo Q, so these builds aren't necessarily designed to be synergistic with other classes, although the synergy is there under the right circumstances.

First build, 61 pt Assassin:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#xhn5E/ykFlliGAGl4/Aq

This build is ideal in warfronts like the Domination version of Black Garden and Karthan Ridge and sometimes Codex. It allows you to get behind opposition forces and capture and hold nodes. It does a lot of damage and has a ton of CC, mobility and utility. It has a high learning curve--it's easy to learn, hard to master.

Second build, 61 pt Ranger
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#xs/zkllaGGlaB4/ykQ

This is my general purpose build and I use it a lot in almost every warfront. It easily does the most damage, if used right. It has some decent survivability and this is one of the cases where straight defensive abilities have been chosen over CC, because frankly, there is practically none (no CC) in this build. Don't macro Feral Aggression with Animalism, as many people do in pve. Put Feral Aggression in your builder macro and allow your pet to start doing more damage right from the beginning. Always use the Raptor. This build is about damage only, there is no reason to alter anything that would reduce your damage.

Third Build, 61 pt Marksman
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t8/AkGlllkGGyy/z8L

This build is useful in warfronts that have a lot of blue-bars on the other side and enough dps on your side that you don't need to worry about the loss in dps you'll get by using this role, although it still does decent damage. You're going to use this build to purge targets, silence healers, reposition opponents, and focus fire targets. It offers a ton of mobility and good utllity and CC.

Fourth Build, 61 pt Physician
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t90/XkGlayGEFkg/v8

Standard healing build. Little mobility, no CC. Effective single target healing, small bursts of good aoe healing.

These next two builds are builds that I rarely use any more. But when I get bored i'll break them out

Bard/Tact Aoe Healer/Support:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#X...lbF10/TmGakBgy

Used to use this a lot, with RS instead of Phys, before Physician came out, if I was going to heal. It has the potential to do really good aoe healing, and provides some buffs and dps support for the team.

Tact/MM Aoe DPS:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#x/T8FiyGAa2/AkExh210

I don't really use aoe dps in warfronts except as a way to prevent opponents from capturing a node/picking up a crystal etc, but this is a decent build as long as you have a pocket healer. All of the dps comes from torrents which basically gives the enemy team a giant flashy path to follow right back to you. It's really good in dungeons as you level from 60-65.

Last couple things. I stack phys crit and crit power over attack power. I use three bottom action bars and every slot on every bar is keybound. I don't use very many macros, and some builds I don't use any. The only addon I use is a damage/healing parser. I pretty much completely skipped over specifics on how to play these builds because you just need to use them and do a lot of pvp, but if you really want to know more about something listed here, just pm me in-game (Unratedx@Seastone, currently).
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Rift Disciple

Re Ranger

I don't use raptor and never will. I have a pet for one reason in PvP (if I'm being lazy and want to pew pew ) and that is diffuse.

Pet does 10%~ of Dmg in PvE even less in PvP - not worth it, would rather have the extra HP from the pig. So people get terrimad when I run from them and my pet is healing itself for 10 seconds. /trolled.

From tomorrow I doubt many will be using Ranger. MM has better utility period.

Tact/MM AoE = lol just no.

Assassin is assassin. People need to learn the build - by far the fastest way to burn people down.

I wouldn't use 61pt physician in PvP.

I see people using Bard/Tact in PvP - must viable to an extent. Hella easy to kill and fast.

To be honest I think you need to think out the box a bit with regards to your PvP builds but each to their own this may help some of the community that don't play 61 builds in PvP.
    Fail Rogue of <Vantage> @ Deepwood
    4/4 RoF 5/5 MS 1/3 TF

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by GrazerMcK View Post
    Re Ranger

I don't use raptor and never will. I have a pet for one reason in PvP (if I'm being lazy and want to pew pew ) and that is diffuse.

Pet does 10%~ of Dmg in PvE even less in PvP - not worth it, would rather have the extra HP from the pig. So people get terrimad when I run from them and my pet is healing itself for 10 seconds. /trolled.

From tomorrow I doubt many will be using Ranger. MM has better utility period.

Tact/MM AoE = lol just no.

Assassin is assassin. People need to learn the build - by far the fastest way to burn people down.

I wouldn't use 61pt physician in PvP.

I see people using Bard/Tact in PvP - must viable to an extent. Hella easy to kill and fast.

To be honest I think you need to think out the box a bit with regards to your PvP builds but each to their own this may help some of the community that don't play 61 builds in PvP.
    You can play however you want with whatever build you want. I have a lot of hours played and lot of players killed. These work best for me currently, things will change as they always do. Not using raptor as ranger is mistake. Ranger currently puts out more damage than any other build in pvp. We'll see how that changes and I won't be bothered one bit if MM becomes better. Lastly, I've played almost any and every build you can think of. All I do is warfronts. I'm not in to the pve crapfest that is CQ and I don't raid. So when I either A) get bored or B) run across the rare player that can provide a modicum of a challenge to me, I'll start experimenting with all sorts of things just to see how how it works in given situations. These builds are just what's currently reliable.

On larger maps (ie Codex, Karthan) I'll use 61 ranger/11 nb/4 mm.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#wgL8/zkllaGGlaB4/Af

Increased range by 4m from MM, on the double and hasted shot for those pyros that flicker away (or when you need to retreat). NB for twilight force/state of sloth. If I'm within 20m, I'll apply it for the 5th CP and then fire off twin shot. Also useful for those healers that try and kite you. They're pretty much perma-snared plus you're getting a 10% damage bonus.

Rift Disciple

A favorite of mine is 40 NB / 24 RS / 12 BD.

Good opening burst, decent survivability, a self heal (two if you take Planar Variation), great mobility, some CC resistance (plane shifts laugh at roots and snares), and a 20m debilitating interrupt.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    This all specs is wrong!!!

1st:
    "Ambidextrous" - 5 points
    "Strike back" - not needed
    "Blade Finesse" - not needed

2nd:
    BD - 0 points
    Assassin - 15 points

3rd:
    Need more testings, but Ranger soul isnt good for MM for PvP
    Rift 3.5 PvP Rogue by Pioneerka
    Quietly stab in the back of his victim, he listens to the last words from Pioneerka: "Don't worry, be happy" =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittare View Post
    A favorite of mine is 40 NB / 24 RS / 12 BD.

Good opening burst, decent survivability, a self heal (two if you take Planar Variation), great mobility, some CC resistance (plane shifts laugh at roots and snares), and a 20m debilitating interrupt.
    NB/Sin this spec is already less damage than Assassin and your spec even less
    Quietly stab in the back of his victim, he listens to the last words from Pioneerka: "Don't worry, be happy" =)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lime4ik View Post
    NB/Sin this spec is already less damage than Assassin and your spec even less
    ... Hence why this isn't a PvE spec. Sin relies too much on dots to be effective here (they get outhealed in WFs/CQ), has little in the way of PvP utility, ia terrible at target switching, and is very fragile. Also poisons, which account for 1/3+ of Sin's damage, are purgable--and you will get purged.

NB/Sin works just fine in WFs, so long as no one tries to attack you or cast anything. Again, very little utility. Preferable over Sin for its ranged abilities and sub-30% bonus.

PvP builds aren't done with a PvE focus on long term damage maintenance against unmoving targets, they need quick burst damage with mobility and disables. In PvP, you're fighting enemies that will fight back.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Rift Disciple

You can play however you want with whatever build you want. I have a lot of hours played and lot of players killed. These work best for me currently, things will change as they always do. Not using raptor as ranger is mistake. Ranger currently puts out more damage than any other build in pvp. We'll see how that changes and I won't be bothered one bit if MM becomes better. Lastly, I've played almost any and every build you can think of. All I do is warfronts. I'm not in to the pve crapfest that is CQ and I don't raid. So when I either A) get bored or B) run across the rare player that can provide a modicum of a challenge to me, I'll start experimenting with all sorts of things just to see how how it works in given situations. These builds are just what's currently reliable.
    Well MM puts out more damage in PvP now Period. Also I topped the charts in DPS quite a lot in ranger with the pig.

I do a lot of PvP also, I too also killed a lot of players but don't need to feel to flaunt this in someones face when trying to defend my decisions.

I'd be interested to know what your IGN is especially if you're on NA servers. Unless it's unrated, if so and you're on NA servers I have no idea who you are.

The point I was making was and has been pointed out to you by others that you need to think outside the box a bit, which for someone that has played so much and killed so much I would have expected you to do.

As I also said, each to their own, you stick to what you believe. I'll keep on doing what I do best topping charts.
    Last edited by GrazerMcK; 01-29-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: herpaderp
    Fail Rogue of <Vantage> @ Deepwood
    4/4 RoF 5/5 MS 1/3 TF

Rift Master

61nb 12 bd 3 rs still bis pvp spec
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lime4ik View Post
    This all specs is wrong!!!

1st:
    "Ambidextrous" - 5 points
    "Strike back" - not needed
    "Blade Finesse" - not needed

2nd:
    BD - 0 points
    Assassin - 15 points

3rd:
    Need more testings, but Ranger soul isnt good for MM for PvP
    1st- Quick Reflexes produces almost a similar amount of damage as Ambidex, but also comes with 5% dodge which leads me to my next point. You do realize that with Strike Back, Side Steps becomes almost as much of an offensive ability as it does a defensive one, right? This aligns with my aggressive philosophy concerning pvp (perhaps not yours). Which leads me to wonder--what happens when two rogues, fighting each other, both have side steps activated? I think the world implodes, but I'm not sure (that was a joke for some of you less informed). As far Blade Finesse goes, I could have forgone those three points and instead put them in Ambidex, but it synergizes with Sin buffs that increase Final Blow damage, so I took it, but it could reasonably go either way.

2nd- I chose Bladedancer for this build because Side Steps is just too valuable, in this case. When **** gets really thick I can pop Side Steps and Diffuse and reduce the number times I get hit as well as mitigating the damage of the times I do get hit, which also helps to keep my pet alive. I don't pop them both at the same time always, but it's nice to have. The only viable place to put those three points in Sin is Magnify Pain, which will give me an extra 6% damage only a target I'm currently attacking and have landed a crit. Quick Reflexes gives me 5% AP and Weapon Damage all the time (plus the dodge), so I have no problem giving up the three points in Sin to get all that from Bladedancer.

3rd- I'm not sure what you meant. MM is much stronger now, after the patch. I hope it stays that way. I can still do about the same dps with this ranger build though, in pvp.
    Last edited by Emanresu; 01-29-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by GrazerMcK View Post
    Well MM puts out more damage in PvP now Period. Also I topped the charts in DPS quite a lot in ranger with the pig.

I do a lot of PvP also, I too also killed a lot of players but don't need to feel to flaunt this in someones face when trying to defend my decisions.

I'd be interested to know what your IGN is especially if you're on NA servers. Unless it's unrated, if so and you're on NA servers I have no idea who you are.

The point I was making was and has been pointed out to you by others that you need to think outside the box a bit, which for someone that has played so much and killed so much I would have expected you to do.

As I also said, each to their own, you stick to what you believe. I'll keep on doing what I do best topping charts.
    It's not that I don't think outside the box. I was using nightblade builds shortly after launch that no one else was. I was using ranger long before it was popular and most people thought it was a bad pvp spec. If used several variations of nb/sin, bd/sin, sin/rs, nb/rs. mm/nb, sab/mm, and so on over time, some of them were good for their time, but as time goes on and things change, so have the builds I use. The builds I listed here work for me, currently, and they put me at the top of the charts almost every time I play. Maybe they don't work for you but that is fine. Also, these are builds I use for warfronts. If we had a true arena system here, I would likely change them up (depending on team comp).

My name is Unratedx, I've gone by that and Unrated. I've been on several servers, and have played since launch. I also can't say I've ever heard of you, but most of the well known people in this game aren't necessarily good at pvp (there are very, very few good pvpers here), they're just good at getting themselves recognized on forums and in their guilds (it's a popularity contest, not ability/skill contest...I'm friends with some of the people that pvp forums consider to be the "best" and one of them, who doesn't play anymore, didn't even know how to keybind, until shortly before he stopped playing).

Lastly, I'm not trying to flaunt anything in your face. In my original post I stated I was not considering these builds to be the "best" and offered my reason why. I also wasn't looking for approval by posting them. Since SL there has been a severe downtick in the quality of pvper and I felt a lot of it was due to inexperience. Since I constantly top charts, get accused of "hacking" all the time, get pocket healed a lot even though I solo Q, etc, I felt maybe some other people might be able to make use of the same builds I do. If not, no skin off my back. Your post seemed to attack all of that, which is fine, if that's what you want to do, but it wasn't my intent to see if anyone else liked or approved of the builds.
    Last edited by Emanresu; 01-29-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Plane Walker

1st- Quick Reflexes produces almost a similar amount of damage as Ambidex, but also comes with 5% dodge which leads me to my next point. You do realize that with Strike Back, Side Steps becomes almost as much of an offensive ability as it does a defensive one, right? This aligns with my aggressive philosophy concerning pvp (perhaps not yours). Which leads me to wonder--what happens when two rogues, fighting each other, both have side steps activated? I think the world implodes, but I'm not sure (that was a joke for some of you less informed). As far Blade Finesse goes, I could have forgone those three points and instead put them in Ambidex, but it synergizes with Sin buffs that increase Final Blow damage, so I took it, but it could reasonably go either way.

2nd- I chose Bladedancer for this build because Side Steps is just too valuable, in this case. When **** gets really thick I can pop Side Steps and Diffuse and reduce the number times I get hit as well as mitigating the damage of the times I do get hit, which also helps to keep my pet alive. I don't pop them both at the same time always, but it's nice to have. The only viable place to put those three points in Sin is Magnify Pain, which will give me an extra 6% damage only a target I'm currently attacking and have landed a crit. Quick Reflexes gives me 5% AP and Weapon Damage all the time (plus the dodge), so I have no problem giving up the three points in Sin to get all that from Bladedancer.

3rd- I'm not sure what you meant. MM is much stronger now, after the patch. I hope it stays that way. I can still do about the same dps with this ranger build though, in pvp.
    Also, concerning ranger, the original ranger build I used, and others eventually picked up (I'm not claiming credit for the build, Thiuss is the one who gave it to me) the one that does the most damage, has sin and nb as its off-souls, not 15 points in sin. So if you wanted to purely maximize damage, that's what you would do. After a while I replaced nb with bd and change the point distro slightly to grab Side Steps, which has been invaluable.

Also, concerning ranger, the original ranger build I used, and others eventually picked up (I'm not claiming credit for the build, Thiuss is the one who gave it to me) the one that does the most damage, has sin and nb as its off-souls, not 15 points in sin. So if you wanted to purely maximize damage, that's what you would do. After a while I replaced nb with bd and change the point distro slightly to grab Side Steps, which has been invaluable.
    Ranger 61/ Sin 12/ NB 3 - thats PvE spec n not good for PvP.

My name is Unratedx, I've gone by that and Unrated. I've been on several servers, and have played since launch. I also can't say I've ever heard of you, but most of the well known people in this game aren't necessarily good at pvp (there are very, very few good pvpers here), they're just good at getting themselves recognized on forums and in their guilds (it's a popularity contest, not ability/skill contest...I'm friends with some of the people that pvp forums consider to be the "best" and one of them, who doesn't play anymore, didn't even know how to keybind, until shortly before he stopped playing).
    Lol, Idk U n I dont belive U. Top 1 ahahahahahahah

I'm not sure what you meant. MM is much stronger now, after the patch. I hope it stays that way. I can still do about the same dps with this ranger build though, in pvp.

Again - i already sent U. Ranger soul not good for MM for PvP. MM + BD + RS (just testings). But ranger - nop.

Which leads me to wonder--what happens when two rogues, fighting each other, both have side steps activated? I think the world implodes, but I'm not sure (that was a joke for some of you less informed). As far Blade Finesse goes, I could have forgone those three points and instead put them in Ambidex, but it synergizes with Sin buffs that increase Final Blow damage, so I took it, but it could reasonably go either way

I tell U again, our main damage comes from combopoints generated abilities. So Blade Finesse not good bc if we R take Ambidex we taken more DMG for combo n our final blow.
    Strike Back - use of this skill controversial, but him work.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    61nb 12 bd 3 rs still bis pvp spec
    +1!

thats my boy!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast