+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planning a Ranged/Melee Hybrid PvP build

Soulwalker

Question Planning a Ranged/Melee Hybrid PvP build

Hello fellow Rifters!

I'm new here, but wanted to hear the opinions of the well-informed people of this forum on the possibility of making a Ranged/Melee hybrid for PvP and some PvE. Specifically, I'm think a combination of Riftstalker/Saboteur/Marksman. Not really sure which talents I should invest in, but I think I'll put most of them in Riftstalker and then spread the rest between Saboteur and Marksman. The playstyle in the build would focus on combining the traps of a Saboteur and the ranged attacks of a Marksman with the teleportation powers of the Riftstalker in order to keep your enemies away from you while slowly pressuring them into berzerking, (getting really mad and blowing all their CD's to try and kill you) surviving the berzerk, and then quickly going in for the kill with some close range explosives and teleport attacks. In a group setting, this build would slowly pull away enemy fighters from the fray by using the tactics above and picking them off, making the enemy group weaker as a whole.

I'm very new to this game and just want to theorycraft a little before actually playing it, so please indulge me, if you would be so kind.

Best Regards,

~ Ritardando

Plane Touched

Had fun playing my Ranger/Assassin/Saboteur up to lvl 23 or so. Only put 2 pts in Sabo for the aoe of the frag bomb and split the remaining pts pretty evenly between the other two.

Gotta watch kiting in pve...often run into other mobs on respawn and what have you. Pvp is a bit easier but eventually it all comes down to whether you get cc'd.
    Last edited by Ruwyn; 01-31-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Sounds good to me

Hello all. I actually did a sample Ranged/Melee Hybrid. This is actually a Marksman/Ranger/Assassin build. The link to it is here:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VMcd.0VMftM00z

This is my first venture into making a Marksman/Assassin build that adds more crit and attack boosts.

Let me know what you think of it!!

I did a ranger/marksman/nightblade build that I have really enjoyed using.

Rift Disciple

Default MM/Bard/Nightblade

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hudo.V0x.thz0M

This is a build i was thinking about. Got to level 24 so currently it looks like

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mfic.E0ho.V0o.thz0M

Not having much trouble at all. Of course I am squishy when it comes to multiple mobs solo but I can usually take a PvE mob to almost death with range without kiting and can easily finish them off with plenty of health. If something spawns behind me though i gotta use the speed buffs to run.

As for PvP. Been very easy to keep pressure on targets. Between speed, range and stealth they nearly never know where I am shooting my gun from and since I do not hang out in one place. I usually have 0 or only 1 death per match. While getting high/highest damage and kills. Normally I wouldnt say that was important but for a DPS class that is what matters. The bard is mostly for my own safety but at least gives group support from an otherwise straight DPS class
    Last edited by Ostra; 02-01-2011 at 12:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread