+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any other decent PvE Sab builds besides this?

General of Telara

Default Any other decent PvE Sab builds besides this?

The only PvE Sab build in which it feels like I'm not wasting points is this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EdtkkRz.0VM.Vh

51 Sab, 8 in Night Blade for Blazing Fury and Unstable state, and 7 in Assassin for Ruthlessness and Murderous Intent. The points in the Night Blade and Assassin souls simply are general damage boosters. Incidentally they also give stealth and incapacitate, but in this respect the Root abilities are redundant.

Is there any alternative way to spend those 15 extra points in other Souls to support the Sab in PvE?

(Sorry for not adding any valid imput buttt...)

Out of curiosity what would a sab's pve dps cycle or priority system be?

Soulwalker

IMO, Sabs have some trouble in PvE at least when I played one through 1-20. Now that was solo and I did it without ranger (which would probably help some). However I would imagine that any build, such as the one above, that can do amazing damage in PvP can still pump out the same amount of damage in PvE, or close to it.

This is a build I intend on using in the future: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RbE0tkkMz.Vhxh
    Probably for PvP though, PvE I plan to use Marksman.

Telaran

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z0uzo.Ex0M0c0m was the build I was using and its just ******ed powerful

you silent setup to 5 blast charges use head shot, then you throw one more charge and then detonate. Your detonate gets 9% more damage from beasial fury and murderous intent and since you opened with a head shot then a detonate it pretty much insta gibs anything alive since most of detonates damage comes from the charges not the finisher. The other nice thing about this build is the 10% crit from the assassin and ranger gives you 10% crit before anything combined with the +15% dex on the sab its easy to have over 30% crit chance. You can easily do an almost instant 2-3k or much more using a ton of crafted dex with dex enchancements gear.
    Last edited by Maethor; 01-31-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Maethor View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z0uzo.Ex0M0c0m was the build I was using and its just ******ed powerful

you silent setup to 5 blast charges use head shot, then you throw one more charge and then detonate. Your detonate gets 9% more damage from beasial fury and murderous intent and since you opened with a head shot then a detonate it pretty much insta gibs anything alive since most of detonates damage comes from the charges not the finisher. The other nice thing about this build is the 10% crit from the assassin and ranger gives you 10% crit before anything combined with the +15% dex on the sab its easy to have over 30% crit chance. You can easily do an almost instant 2-3k or much more using a ton of crafted dex with dex enchancements gear.
    ummm, your build isn't Sab, it's NB/marks/inf beeeooeeeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Maethor View Post

Why would you use 5 BC > HS > 1 BC > detonate? Just drop the last BC and detonate and replace with a spec'd annihilation bomb to blow the charges.

Plane Touched

You can do what he suggested at lower levels. At 30+ you can get the 2 pts needed into detonate so it blows charges, at 20+ you can get HS and sab skills needed for extra charge damage.

General of Telara

Abilities i dont understand why you took for PvE:

Barbed Trap - The opportunities to use traps in PvE groups situations are limited and this damage is hardly stellar. Not worth a point.
    Entangling Trap - This is a purely PvP ability.
    Improved Entangling Trap - This improves a purely pvp ability
    Combat survival - This is a purely PvP ability
    Land Mines - This ability isnt totally useless in PvE but its really more for pvp. You would have to run into the mobs and drop it. Plus shooting them up in the air could be confusing for everyone else.
    Improved Blast Charge - There is no reason to use blast charge since it is crap physical damage. You can completely ignore the targets armor by using a charge that deals magical damage.
    Improved Spike charge - Again there is little reason to use a non magical charge.

Thats 11 pts you could put elsewhere.

I would put 5 in coup de grace, 3 in serrated blades and 3 cruel vengeance.

Last stand and rapid setup are not very useful thanks to the cooldown. Rapid setup is so obviously a pvp talent that it hurts. Last stand is just silly imo.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei436 View Post
    Barbed Trap - The opportunities to use traps in PvE groups situations are limited and this damage is hardly stellar. Not worth a point.
    Entangling Trap - This is a purely PvP ability.
    Improved Entangling Trap - This improves a purely pvp ability
    Combat survival - This is a purely PvP ability
    Land Mines - This ability isnt totally useless in PvE but its really more for pvp. You would have to run into the mobs and drop it. Plus shooting them up in the air could be confusing for everyone else.
    Improved Blast Charge - There is no reason to use blast charge since it is crap physical damage. You can completely ignore the targets armor by using a charge that deals magical damage.
    Improved Spike charge - Again there is little reason to use a non magical charge.
    Entangling Trap + The Trapper can be used in 5-mans to kite an enemy and keep them out of combat, though Improved Entangling Trap isn't really needed, unless you suck at kiting.

Imp Blast actually puts the damage of your Blast on par with your Earth damage charges, however, those other charges are always preferable over Blast due to their debuffs which aid the rest of the team. Also, Imp Blast is useful for standard leveling.

Imp Spike is actually useful, since Splinter and Embers last for 30 sec you can get a full set of Spike in there for a bleed, which is already more damage than a Blast charge and when fighting a boss, that DoT will be better than the burst of Blast. The times I would not use Spike in between cycling Splinter and Embers is when you need to do some serious kiting, which is when Caltrops + Adhesive come into play.

I could also see keeping Land Mines for PvE dungeons and Rifts. You're most likely going to drop a Debilitating Trap at some point, so dropping a Land Mine right after wards could be useful, and may be preferable to Booby Trap on single-target fights.

Last Stand and Rapid Setup are pretty much for PvP, and the only time I could see using Last Stand in PvE is when the boss is at 1% and you're the only person left with <10% hp. (Gotta make the Techies proud) I could maybe see using Rapid Setup during raid bosses, just for an extra boost to your dps, but those points elsewhere may be better spent.

+ Reply to Thread