+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Blitze
  • 1 Post By asianguywithacamera

Thread: Feedback and suggestions please? Bard/RS hybrid

Soulwalker

Default Feedback and suggestions please? Bard/RS hybrid

So this is a pvp build I'm working on: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#y.../tkAnay84|XLXw
    The idea was to focus mainly on survivability but still be able to dish out some punishment. I'm only level 53 at the moment and I've been doing pretty well but I was wondering if anyone could pick up on anything I could change to better this build? I was thinking of swapping sin for bd and maybe relocate some points there?
    It's ya boi Llama, you may remember me from when you got melted in BG

You aren't really going to be dishing out any punishment with that many points in Bard, especially not with that many points in Riftstalker on top of that. If you want to kill people, use a DPS spec, not a support build, and definitely don't spend nearly half of your points in a tank soul.
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-25-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Soulwalker

Ok I suppose I meant "still be able to kill people by myself" rather than punish
    Last edited by LegendaryLlama69; 01-27-2015 at 12:36 AM.

Soulwalker

what about a

Rift/NB build

using NB skills for dps constant deviation and stalker phase for dps (has loads of blinks and cooldowns)
    then turning guard phase on and constant deviation off when your taking damage.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t...i/wnAlaBiiyJ/x

or grandpa style build (still a NB/rift)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t...wnAlaGFaFl0/Tf

or a NB/Bard
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#v...u/wnAl9lgrgw/A
    (no idea if this soul point allocation is correct)
    Last edited by Blitze; 01-27-2015 at 06:57 AM.

You're probably better off with a bard/nb hybrid. Virtuoso and reverb is key in bard. In the NB tree, focusing on non-physical damage increases. Twilight force/State of Sloth is also great before you unload on a target. Coda of distress > verse of agony > twilight force > riff > virtuoso (scourge of darkness if you have it > spam coda of wrath. The bard/nb hybrid is pretty strong in the 20-29 & 30-39 bracket. Phys/bard is also strong in the 20-29 bracket due to viral infection.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    You aren't really going to be dishing out any punishment with that many points in Bard, especially not with that many points in Riftstalker on top of that. If you want to kill people, use a DPS spec, not a support build, and definitely don't spend nearly half of your points in a tank soul.
    If you read again, you'll find that it says "survivability" was the main focus

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryLlama69 View Post
    you cant have good dps and good survivablity in the same spec without sacrificing one or the either.

you can, at most, have :

great survivability, crappy damage (RS tank)
    good damage, above average survivability (bard, NB, assassin, and some hybrids)
    great damage, crappy survivability (most dps specs)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#y...kl0/tr24g|XLXw try this.
    16 points in RS are the MAXIMUM that you should put, if you intend to dps.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryLlama69 View Post
    If you re-read what you posted, you would see that you said you wanted to focus "mainly" on survivability while "also dishing out some punishment." Your build is not "mainly" focused on survivability, it is only focused on survivability, and it will not be dishing out any kind of punishment to anyone.

You have to understand that many people on the forums have seen builds posted just like yours many times before. Most of the time it is from people asking about what others think of their spec, or in your case, asking for ways to improve their spec. When they start to get real constructive criticism about their spec they tend to take it personally and get very defensive. Often times replying to that criticism by trying to justify why they are using that build in the first place.

I guess the real question here is, did you actually start this thread to get advice on pvp specs, or were you trying to get approval for your special build? Because all anyone here tried to do was point you in the right direction to something that you might find more useful, there was no need to be condescending.
    Dreezie

+ Reply to Thread