+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: cadence bard skill needs a nerf.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default cadence bard skill needs a nerf.

    Right now some people seem to notice that some rogue classes do way more damage than others this is because of people exploiting cadence. Those who know this exploit have been able to get insane amounts of combo points and use their finishers purely for dps.

    I will explain cadence gives an initial combo point and 1 more every 1 second This means that you get 3 combo points after 2 seconds, this means people will be able to get a full 5 combo points after 3 seconds if you cancel the second cadence as soon as you get the fifth point and then use a high damage finisher you do an insane amount of dps because classes like rangers and marksman have very large finisher attacks which makes up for using cadence to gather combo points over normal skills. The skill would probably be fine if it did not generate the initial combo point making it equal dps to use your skills instead.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Manmadegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Are you insane, you are seriously coming here to complain that cadence which has terrible damage is only efficient at setting up group healing... is overpowered?

    I mean it gives combo points quickly but let's see... I can shoot you x5 for 150 damage per shot as marksman and even apply a bleed effect in that amount of time... then setup a finisher for 750.... So thats 750+750 1500dmg or I can use cadence to 5 for maybe 300 damage then hit you for 750 which is 1050.... With the second option having less range, less damage per combo point and the same damage for finisher... The only advantage is getting the combo points at 4 seconds for 5 instead of 5 seconds for 5....

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Finkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Actually, instead of using 2 cadences in succession, use a power chord after the first cadence to get the final two combo points instantly.

    However, quick shot and swift shot build combo points just as fast. I played and tested all three cases in Beta 5 and it really didn't seem like an issue.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

  4. #4
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Also Cadence costs 50 energy... how could you use this twice and then have enough energy to follow it up with a finisher?

    Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    Actually, instead of using 2 cadences in succession, use a power chord after the first cadence to get the final two combo points instantly.
    I know what you're trying to get here, but also let me point out for others that this combo costs 90 energy over 3 seconds (or so?).
    Last edited by Wenry; 01-31-2011 at 06:41 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Manmadegod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    It really is a non issue, I am guessing that you had someone blowing smoke up your arse to make you think that it's overpowered... or even an exploit... because it is neither.

  6. #6
    CPK
    CPK is offline
    Shield of Telara CPK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Actually, the other thing about Cadence is that it can never be blocked, parried or dodged. This makes it build points even faster because missing a combo point attack results in no combo point. And I'd rather spend 50 energy for 3 combo points than 30 energy for just 1. However, despite all this, it still isn't that great since you are pretty much sacrificing all of the build-up damage and all auto-attack damage, and it requires you to stand still, I believe. It has its advantages and disadvantages, but I wouldn't say it is overpowered.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Baconnaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Yea I have to agree with the rest here that the CP generation on cadence although nice can't be compared to the other souls in terms of damage and time to five CP. Ranger/MM/Sab all the ranged rogue souls can quickly get to five just about as fast and put out enormous damage in comparison. Bard pretty much is stuck with cadence which can't be casted on the move really and power chord is on a 3s cd and only gives two. All the other souls can be cast while moving.

  8. #8
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPK View Post
    Actually, the other thing about Cadence is that it can never be blocked, parried or dodged. This makes it build points even faster because missing a combo point attack results in no combo point.
    All Bard damaging abilities are like this, presumably so that Bards don't have to gear for hit and can focus on other stats that would support their build better.

    I don't know how physical hit works in Rift, but I would think that a well-geared end game DPS Rogue would have have a 100% chance to hit with their special abilities.

    Anyway, this advantage is not really an advantage at all.
    Last edited by Wenry; 01-31-2011 at 06:54 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant MopDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maethor View Post
    Right now some people seem to notice that some rogue classes do way more damage than others this is because of people exploiting cadence. Those who know this exploit have been able to get insane amounts of combo points and use their finishers purely for dps.

    I will explain cadence gives an initial combo point and 1 more every 1 second This means that you get 3 combo points after 2 seconds, this means people will be able to get a full 5 combo points after 3 seconds if you cancel the second cadence as soon as you get the fifth point and then use a high damage finisher you do an insane amount of dps because classes like rangers and marksman have very large finisher attacks which makes up for using cadence to gather combo points over normal skills. The skill would probably be fine if it did not generate the initial combo point making it equal dps to use your skills instead.
    Why is it I get tons of people complaining about bards DPS (They are support) and then you say this?
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

    Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

  10. #10
    CPK
    CPK is offline
    Shield of Telara CPK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post
    All Bard damaging abilities are like this, presumably so that Bards don't have to gear for hit and can focus on other stats that would support their build better.

    I don't know how physical hit works in Rift, but I would think that a well-geared end game DPS Rogue would have have a 100% chance to hit with their special abilities.
    I highly doubt that. Keep in mind that other classes have parry/dodge/block increases as well, so it scales with character improvement just like chance to hit does. Not to mention all of the activated abilities out there that give huge increases to parry/dodge/block for a short duration. I can definitely see how Bard attacks could be used to an advantage, but again, they require major sacrifices that end up balancing it, as far as I can tell.

  11. #11
    Ascendant MopDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconnaise View Post
    Yea I have to agree with the rest here that the CP generation on cadence although nice can't be compared to the other souls in terms of damage and time to five CP. Ranger/MM/Sab all the ranged rogue souls can quickly get to five just about as fast and put out enormous damage in comparison. Bard pretty much is stuck with cadence which can't be casted on the move really and power chord is on a 3s cd and only gives two. All the other souls can be cast while moving.
    ^
    1 Million Characters.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

    Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Baconnaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    163

    Default

    It really doesn't matter here as the skill can't be used while moving and does mediocre damage at best even with criticals.

  13. #13
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPK View Post
    I highly doubt that. Keep in mind that other classes have parry/dodge/block increases as well, so it scales with character improvement just like chance to hit does. Not to mention all of the activated abilities out there that give huge increases to parry/dodge/block for a short duration. I can definitely see how Bard attacks could be used to an advantage, but again, they require major sacrifices that end up balancing it, as far as I can tell.
    I should've clarified that I was talking about PvE

    Well... in PvP, I would then respond to the poster I was originally responding to with "Good luck using a channeled spell in PvP and being able to get a combo off fast enough with a nearly drained Energy pool "
    Last edited by Wenry; 01-31-2011 at 06:59 PM.

  14. #14
    CPK
    CPK is offline
    Shield of Telara CPK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post
    I should've clarified that I was talking about PvE

    Well... in PvP, I would then respond to the poster I was originally responding to with "Good luck using a channeled spell in PvP and being able to get a combo off fast enough with a nearly drained Energy pool "
    Yeah, I would be more particularly concerned with Power Chord and Riff, which generate 2 and 5 combo points instantly, respectively. But of course, these are not spammable and require somewhat heavy investment into the Bard tree, so again... sacrifices.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Lol at "Exploit" How exactly is cadence doing exactly what the skill is supposed to do (give 1 combo point right away and 2 more if you continue to channel it for 2 seconds) is "an exploit?" Badly designed? if you say so. Exploit? Is using your brain considered an exploit? You should exploit some then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts