+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bitnine

Thread: Sab

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default Sab

    Hello,
    I havent seen any sab builds here yet.. Can someone link me to one please. I don't know if there are changes to sab or to use the ones posted before. Ofc the ones before don't have masteries either. So can anyone please help me with it? Thanks

  2. #2
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    641

    Default

    <I'll preface this by saying I don't play Sab correctly. I'm somewhere between the 1 button spam and the proper rotation.>

    No changes to Sab, so the current builds are correct.

    For the Masteries, level 61 - 63 don't matter, pick what's best for the situation. At level 64, use Even Strikes if you're doing trash / targeting off of small frequently dying adds,
    otherwise use Repetitive Strikes. At level 65, use Planar Variation, and mix it in with raid CDs.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. So you mean 54/22 sab build is still viable?

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHero View Post
    Thanks for the reply. So you mean 54/22 sab build is still viable?
    Define "viable".

    The thing about Sab is that it's specialized for when you need to AoE large numbers of enemies for extended periods of time with minimal target swaps. It's really good at it.

    The problem is that situation isn't really something that comes up.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    <I'll preface this by saying I don't play Sab correctly. I'm somewhere between the 1 button spam and the proper rotation.>

    No changes to Sab, so the current builds are correct.

    For the Masteries, level 61 - 63 don't matter, pick what's best for the situation. At level 64, use Even Strikes if you're doing trash / targeting off of small frequently dying adds,
    otherwise use Repetitive Strikes. At level 65, use Planar Variation, and mix it in with raid CDs.
    You're better off always using Even Strikes since sab doesn't use anything that procs Repetitive Strikes.

  6. #6
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Sab is still viable for EC trash, but Cab has better CC/utility and does more damage. I'd rather use BD, though.

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    You're better off always using Even Strikes since sab doesn't use anything that procs Repetitive Strikes.
    So even charges don't count as "combo point generating attacks"? If that's the case, then I'd rather go with Through the Ether, unless that doesn't count for AoEs. Specifically, I'm thinking of double cleave boss fights like Twins, etc.

  8. #8
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Bottom line is, most masteries don't sync well with sab.

  9. #9
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Bottom line is, most masteries don't sync well with sab.
    Fun fact: even the sab specific mastery secondary does jack for sab.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    So even charges don't count as "combo point generating attacks"? If that's the case, then I'd rather go with Through the Ether, unless that doesn't count for AoEs. Specifically, I'm thinking of double cleave boss fights like Twins, etc.
    Through the Ether doesn't work for dots and sab is mostly dots.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser snipebad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Fun fact: even the sab specific mastery secondary does jack for sab.
    This is so tru.

    I would rather Have something that increase the length of each dot OR something like this for every Charge applied to a target and that is detonated reduces Carpet Bombing (or Rapid setup) 2 sec per charged detonated.

    At lease it will have some effect during fights when sab is used.

  12. #12
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Through the Ether doesn't work for dots and sab is mostly dots.
    True, but better than nothing which is what the other mastery would give you you aren't actually killing your main target.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts