+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.0 PTS Marksman

Ascendant

Default 3.0 PTS Marksman

I just wanted to consolidate the known information on PTS Marksman since it is scattered across a few different threads. Sorry if i missed something.

Root
    Changes

Deaden (24) - Target is debilitated for 5 seconds. Cannot be targeted by Deaden again for 45 seconds. 10 second cooldown.

Lightning Fury (32) - Deals Air damage to up to 5 enemies. Reduces Armor by 4800 for 15 seconds on each enemy hit. Awards 1 combo point. 8 second cooldown.

Sentry Battery (54) - Deals damage over 3 seconds. Reduces movement speed by 50% while channeling. Awards 1 combo point instantly and 1 per second channeled. 45 second cooldown.

Free Recoil (61) -
    Rapid Fire Shot consumes a max of 2 combo points. Cast time of Dead Eye Shot is reduced by .5s. 1 hour Self Buff

Tree Changes - Italics indicates talent name on Live servers.

Guarded Departure (Tier 3)
    (Hasted Departure) - On the Double now applies an absorb shield when cast, absorbing 50% of damage received up to an amount based on your attack power. Lasts 15 seconds.

Bull's Eye (Tier 5) -
    Increases your critical hit chance by 25% for 5 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.

Flawless Precision (Tier 6)
    (Rapid Extrication) - Increases the damage of Swift Shot, Empowered Shot, Lightning Fury, and Rapid Fire Shot by 10/20%.

Notes:

- Cooldown timers were adjusted for all abilities after removal of Rapid Extrication.

- More changes are expected specifically with Decoy as confirmed below. Potentially Quick Reload as well?

- Free Recoil buff graphic is now active until buff is removed. Same as on live. (I assume not intended since it is now a 1 hour buff).

And the stated intentions of these changes per dev Vladd.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    The goals of these changes (and those that follow) are to bring Marksman up to par with the other ranged souls like Pyro, Tempest and Inquisitor. This needs to be done before the Ranger changes happen because I'd like to shift Ranger away from being THE ranged soul for Rogues to Marksman and make Ranger more of a Solo/Support soul. In taking these steps, Rogues will no longer be tied to a pet for their damage in competitive situations nor will they have the drawbacks associated with raid mobs and pets such as random pet death, pathing, etc.

Also, just to confirm... yes, Decoy is going away. I've never liked the ability since it wasn't a true decoy where it took on your appearance or changed those targeting you to it. Tons of ideas have been tossed around to replace it and I think I've got one that I like but don't hesitate to toss in your ideas.

So, TL;DR version: Marksman are getting buffed to be on par with Pyro, Tempest, and Inquisitor. These are the first steps in that direction, more will be required.
    A few things i would like to be looked at in addition to Decoy and Quick Reload.

1. Silver Tip Munitions reliance and target swapping impact.

2. Sentry battery and Strafe cooldown times (Currently both are 45 seconds on PTS. 30 second Strafe, 1 minute Sentry Battery would be more ideal imo.)

3. Barbed Shot integration while not becoming a standard DoT. Examples:
    - Neddra's Grasp imitation (Stacking damage debuff consumed on enemy ability use)
    - Deals damage for each hit by a ranged finisher for 5 seconds, promoting use before RFS.
    Last edited by haybale; 01-20-2015 at 07:26 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

If Quick Reload get's removed how's MM going to be on par with Inq? The base abilities would have to deal some insane dmg to match the potential burst of Inq with the cd reset.

Inq can preload fanaticism (because this **** last 30s!) cast his burst and reset cds during lava field + enrage + pc / wg. That's tons of burst, especially when it happens on encounters like Threngar where after reflect Inq dps can go even to ~250k+

I would like to know if PvP dmg reduction will be removed after the rework is done, granted Inq ones were removed despite Inq being TOP dps.

Fan Out needs to go, change it in to something like Tempest False Response for soloing purposes and sub soul options. Chain destrution + Crossfire is enough for AoE purposes, though i'd like to see knockback being removed from Crossfire and instead making it simialr to Storm Torrent which have higher range and gives combo points.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Well the main thing about Inq dps during Condemn is the fact Symbol of Corruption still double dips so AI is an insane spike.

And I am sure once Vladd gets the mechanics in a good place he can play with the numbers to get MM somewhere competitive, though you are correct that without an equal burst sequence and without any dots to maintain, the sustained direct damage required to bring MM up to par will be a bit... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    without any dots to maintain
    Barbed Shot awaits you.

(Or at least, it will next time that the PTS gets updated.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 01-20-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Barbed Shot awaits you.

I would rather see Decoy go next Hotfix but this works.

@haybale I'm pretty sure you got Everything. I did write down all the new Cooldown timers Here

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Barbed Shot awaits you.

In a perfect world..

* Phoenix Volley - @ GTAOE Battle Rez.. 3 min CD [replaces Quick Reload]
    * Barbed Shot - applies a 15 second dot that reduces your CD of Phoenix Volley by 1 sec per tic.

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    I would rather see Decoy go next Hotfix but this works.
    Decoy is also being removed. (Not sure if that made it into the next PTS update or not, but it is coming.)

Free Recoil (61) - Rapid Fire Shot consumes a max of 2 combo points. Cast time of Dead Eye Shot is reduced by .5s. 1 hour Self Buff
    I'm probably brutally misunderstanding this (in which case, I apologize), but does this mean that the only finisher that will now consume only two combo points after Free Recoil is cast, is RFS?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    I'm probably brutally misunderstanding this (in which case, I apologize), but does this mean that the only finisher that will now consume only two combo points after Free Recoil is cast, is RFS?
    It is a 1 hour buff essentially combining RFS and the live version of Free Recoil as well as reducing Deadeye shot cast time.

Free Recoil is no longer a castable 12 second buff.
    Last edited by haybale; 01-21-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

RIFT Guide Writer

New stuff on PTS now.

Calculated Shot, 10 second cooldown
    Deals x-y damage. Removes movement buffs awarded by Swift Shot and Hasted Shot. If a movement buff is removed, cooldown is set to 0. Awards 1 combo point.

Barbed Shot
    Deals a little damage. Deals an additional really op amount of damage each second for 15s. Increases the target's chance to be critically hit by Marksman channeled abilities by 10%. Awards 1 combo point.

Ranged Combat Mastery
    Buffs the Rogue to increase their ranged damage done by 5% and damage done by channels by 5%. Lasts 1h.

The damage numbers are a still off and especially Barbed Shot damage is just broken right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    New stuff on PTS now.

Deals x-y damage. Removes movement buffs awarded by Swift Shot and Hasted Shot. If a movement buff is removed, cooldown is set to 0. Awards 1 combo point.

Barbed Shot
    Deals a little damage. Deals an additional really op amount of damage each second for 15s. Increases the target's chance to be critically hit by Marksman channeled abilities by 10%. Awards 1 combo point.

Ranged Combat Mastery
    Buffs the Rogue to increase their ranged damage done by 5% and damage done by channels by 5%. Lasts 1h.

The damage numbers are a still off and especially Barbed Shot damage is just broken right now.
    Looks like Barbed Shot and RCM have swapped places in the talent tree.

Also Quick Reload seems to generate Combo Points every 3 seconds when out of combat.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    New stuff on PTS now.

Barbed Shot

Ranged Combat Mastery

Does QR is still there? If not is there any info how's MM supposed to match Inq burst + full cd reset? or any info about old pvp dmg reductions?
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Does QR is still there? If not is there any info how's MM supposed to match Inq burst + full cd reset? or any info about old pvp dmg reductions?
    Old QR is gone. It's now a passive combo point generation when out of combat. I don't know what will happen to pvp damage reductions.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    [snipped] Sentry Battery (54) - Deals damage over 3 seconds. Reduces movement speed by 50% while channeling. Awards 1 combo point instantly and 1 per second channeled. 45 second cooldown.
    ---
    Wondering why a rogue has to have so much sand in his shorts to reduce movement speed a whopping 50%...

RIFT Guide Writer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast