+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for Best Burst Damage - Think Obliteration Bosses

Default Looking for Best Burst Damage - Think Obliteration Bosses

I'm looking for the highest burst damage build for 10-15 second fights and I'm willing to use a role slot to get it. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Talk to me about Tanking, Healing, and Ranged DPS and I'm your girl. But when it comes to melee DPS specs, I'm way behind the curve-ball because I prefer pew-pewing things at range. However... I'm finding myself in need of a spec for a very specific purpose so I thought I'd ask for some opinions from the guru's of Rogue Melee specs.

Thanks!
    Tigress@RIFT (Thank you for releasing unused names, Trion!)
    "You may be deceived if you trust too much,
    but you will live in torment if you donít trust enough."
    -- Frank Crane

Quote Originally Posted by Tygra View Post
    I'm looking for the highest burst damage build for 10-15 second fights and I'm willing to use a role slot to get it. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Talk to me about Tanking, Healing, and Ranged DPS and I'm your girl. But when it comes to melee DPS specs, I'm way behind the curve-ball because I prefer pew-pewing things at range. However... I'm finding myself in need of a spec for a very specific purpose so I thought I'd ask for some opinions from the guru's of Rogue Melee specs.

Thanks!
    61 nb 11 ranger 4rs will do the trick

Rift Disciple

Looking at the guides section, this Sin/BD build looks fairly potent for what you want. I haven't tried the build in game (so take this with a grain of salt), but on paper it looks worth a shot.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittare View Post
    Looking at the guides section, this Sin/BD build looks fairly potent for what you want. I haven't tried the build in game (so take this with a grain of salt), but on paper it looks worth a shot.
    If you have time to switch in nm rifts it's burst is insane though it's more over 20 or so seconds since jagged strike is a dot.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkspike View Post
    61 nb 11 ranger 4rs will do the trick
    What he said... with preloaded 5 CP's and 5 stacks of HR, you can hit 100k+ st burst in the first 20-30 sec.

NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

61 NB is most likely your best bet. If you can't preload from the previous stage because you swapped specs:

Start from stealth: Dark Malady -> Fiery Spike -> Dusk to Dawn -> (Dark Descent) (Energy Manipulation) Scourge of Darkness -> (Touch of Darkness) Living Flame -> Blazing Strike x3.

Not completely optimal as SoD won't get Internal Heat but almost the whole burst sequence will benefit from Dark Malady to compensate. If you need to do as much damage as fast as possible that's how you do it.

Also don't @self cast Energy Manipulation as you don't want Living Flame to burn it on any adds around your target.
    Last edited by Stihl; 01-20-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks y'all! I went with the NB suggestion and found it's probably going to give me what I want. Parsing about 50% more burst dmg on 10-15 second fights than in Ranger, which is what I was after. After work - I'll head to a NMR and how it plays out live.

I appreciate the assistance!
    Last edited by Tygra; 01-20-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    Tigress@RIFT (Thank you for releasing unused names, Trion!)
    "You may be deceived if you trust too much,
    but you will live in torment if you donít trust enough."
    -- Frank Crane

Friends don't let friends play ranger

Plane Touched

Just for the record, BD > ALL for NMR's (unless you are in charge of chaos).

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDagger View Post
    I like to switch to nb a lot because bd st just isn't as strong especially with some mechanics that prevent full melee uptime. Pre level 80 though I'm in bd
    Last edited by Gronkspike; 01-20-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Soulwalker

Please please please, don't ever go into a NMR and assume your doing a good job if your playing only BD for all stages, cause your just another person the raids carrying at that point. That is literally the worst advice I've read for rogues doing NMR's.

Plane Touched

Wrong, 61 NB is far better, the stages that BD wins on will most likely not even need a powerup to finish in time. A few fights give you a very good reason to use 61NB, those would be the medium sized bosses with 2 adds and the boss will charge around making 61NB far better. Some of the bosses make it hell for BD positive/negative guy? the one with orbs, the one with purple ****, the one with red bubbles on most of the melee. The one with a boss that does nothing but charge around. The one that has a red aoe and tells you to run away forcing you out at ranged for a bit. All of these make NB the better choice.

I failed a few instance NMR because the single target dps was really lacking due to one of the above examples and after looking at the breakdowns on many of the stages it was the bladedancers who dropped from doing 65K dps single (sembalances on) on one boss to sub 40K single dps on disconnect fights (which is how we failed). My personal dps only dropped 5K from melee disconnects. These same players can look great and have lots of numbers when everything is stacked and you have both dances up 200K dps ect but that won't matter if you get bad bosses later on. My aoe dps is just fine with NB never felt like we would fail the easy aoe phases 130K dps 61nb aoe ect.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    61 NB is most likely your best bet. If you can't preload from the previous stage because you swapped specs:

Start from stealth: Dark Malady -> Fiery Spike -> Dusk to Dawn -> (Dark Descent) (Energy Manipulation) Scourge of Darkness -> (Touch of Darkness) Living Flame -> Blazing Strike x3.

Not completely optimal as SoD won't get Internal Heat but almost the whole burst sequence will benefit from Dark Malady to compensate. If you need to do as much damage as fast as possible that's how you do it.

Also don't @self cast Energy Manipulation as you don't want Living Flame to burn it on any adds around your target.
    That Rotation is only partially right, Swap that Fiery spike with DFtS and GG numbers are through the roof.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Acoo View Post
    Please please please, don't ever go into a NMR and assume your doing a good job if your playing only BD for all stages, cause your just another person the raids carrying at that point. That is literally the worst advice I've read for rogues doing NMR's.
    The above statement is very wrong.

If u ever want to go parse for parse, your 61 nb vs my BD, I will gladly oblige. Havent parsed them head to head in a long time, but I not really sure what planet you live on when you think 61 NB is WAY better for ST than BD.

Also, the CD timing stage to stage for BD is much less clunky than NB. Since you cant predict what the next stage is going to be you often find yourself without LF when it really counts. On the other hand, the 3 dance rotation (for st and AOE) along with a third cleaving channel make BD extremely strong.

What type of stage exactly do you think NB will be better?

The above statement is very wrong.

If u ever want to go parse for parse, your 61 nb vs my BD, I will gladly oblige. Havent parsed them head to head in a long time, but I not really sure what planet you live on when you think 61 NB is WAY better for ST than BD.

Also, the CD timing stage to stage for BD is much less clunky than NB. Since you cant predict what the next stage is going to be you often find yourself without LF when it really counts. On the other hand, the 3 dance rotation (for st and AOE) along with a third cleaving channel make BD extremely strong.

What type of stage exactly do you think NB will be better?
    Positive negative boss and some of the bosses that charge people make bd very bad. Though I agree with you about bd being pretty close in st on a normal boss. The cancel buff change though definitely puts nb ahead even without lf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast