+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TCing a Ranger/marks/rift character

Default TCing a Ranger/marks/rift character

Hey everyone! Beta 5 new player here looking at some of the builds and trying to plug numbers. My friends got me to play and I am hooked now.

So far my build is going to be pure DPS http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...q.VMsfuezsto.V
    From what I can gather this build gives me 2 roots, 1 escape, 1 silence, 3 bleeds, 1 knockback, 1 teleport, 1 sprint and a 50% slow. From Ranger points I gain 5% crit hit, 4% damage, 140.8 armor reduction, and 25% autoattack damage. From Marksman I get +5 range, +3% hit, and a 20% armor reduction. From Riftstalker I gain +15% Attack Power.

I'm still tentative on the Riftstalker though.
    I'm only playing with 5 points on my 3rd soul but Assassin would give me 5% crit hit chance and a 30 second stealth. I'd probably drop 2 points from master archer in the marks tree to pick up +4% physical damage if I went this direction. I just cant decide.
    Saboteur seemed like the next best with 15% dex increase.
    Blade gives me +5 hit but no special goodies so I ignored it even though the hit increase may be pretty powerful.

I know these numbers are not 100% but I'm using these sources because they are the only ones I have right now until I can get back in game.
    I welcome any help on base numbers and calculations!! This is extremely raw.
    Here is my base.

Rogue Base AP = 50% Dex + 50% Str // http://www.telarapedia.com/wiki/Dexterity

http://www.telarapedia.com/wiki/Stats
    1 AP = .1 DPS
    1 Str = 1 AP + .4 Crit
    1 Dex = .5 crit
    1 Hit = .01% hit rating

Without the proper numbes I use simple math to form a base. My theory is for DPS, Crit, and Hit. Which should suffice for any dps build. Although AP/crit/hit may be a better direction. I dont know.
    1 DPS = 10 AP = 10 str
    1 Crit = 2 dex = 2.5 str = 2.5 crit rating
    1 Hit = 100 hit rating

I do not know if Str and Dex double dip from both Rogue base AP and Stat based AP. Finding this out is a Priority!

If AP contribution is Rogue based then we assume Dex and Str both contribute equally meaning 100 dex = 50Ap and 100 str = 50 AP which would lead us to dex + str / 2 = AP.

If the calculation double dips then we can assume that
    100 str contributes 100 AP and 4 crit along with 100 dex contributing 5 crit
    100 dex + 100 str / 2 = 100 AP
    So if we double dip then we can assume 100 dex + 100 str = 200 AP and 9 Crit or 20 DPS and 9 crit
    If it doesnt double dip but only goes off of Rogue Base AP then 100 dex + 100 str = 100 AP and 9 crit or 10 DPS and 9 crit.

I cant wait for beta 6 This is all so raw.

If anyone has any additional information, sees anything wrong with my numbers, or has any info sites out there that they like then Please help out.

Cyborg your vid makes me want to drop riftstalker for assassin. Nice!

//edit Changed my build. I was based on finishing moves giving 1 cp but I missed taking Opportunity so I dropped 5 points from Marksman (Master Archer) and picked up 3p Opportunity, 1 point Hasten Call (insta pet) and had 1 point left over so I placed it in Marksman (On the Double) giving me a sprint
    Last edited by Zaul; 01-31-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    Beware the Dragon!
    For you are Crunchy...
    And taste good with Ketchup.

Ranger/marks/rift was the actual build i took in beta 5! i thought it was rubbish is it actually good? and what are you focusin on ranged attack?
    Martyn - Hopefull rift will be good -.-

Well I was only able to get to lvl 10 during Beta 5. My attack pattern was focused on Splinter Shot, Quick Shot X3, Head Shot.

My disclaimer is that I say this without knowing how AP and crit effect any of these skills but, from what I can see, at 50 my focus will be,
    Buffs
    Plane Bound Resilience +5 endurance
    Feral Instincts +3 crit hit chance

Pet: Blood Raptor

Clickables
    Drop Marksman's Pedestal - every 3 mins
    Kelari Frenzy - every 5 mins

Attacks
    5pt Rapid Fire - every 60 seconds - 1 cp
    Shadow Fire - every 20 seconds - 2cp
    Piercing Shot - every 15 seconds - 1cp
    Lightning Fury - every 10 seconds
    Splinter Shot - every 10 seconds - 2cp
    Quick Shot - to set up 5pt finisher - 1cp
    Head Shot - Finisher - 1cp

As I've stated, I do not know how each attack benefits the next yet, It may be better to switch certain attacks around to provide a dps increase to others. The actual attack sequence is extremely complex though, so far I have

(SF, LF, SS, PS, RF, QS x3, HS, SS, QS x3, HS, QS x2, PS, QS, HS, SF, LF, SS, HS, QS x 4, HS, LF, SS, PS, QS, HS, QS x4, HS, SF, LF, SS, HS, QS, PS, QS x2, HS, QS x4, HS)

assumptions:
    0 lag // normally adjusted to .5 seconds
    1 second GCD // unconfirmed
    abilities with cast time greater than 1 second ignore the GCD // if they do not ignore GCD then 2 second shots like SF and SS would be rated at 3 seconds which would drastically change the shot order.
    Last edited by Zaul; 01-31-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Beware the Dragon!
    For you are Crunchy...

not to bad, problem is i dont know most of the short term text for the skills AP? etc!

im not sure if a ranged rouge is better then the damage of a melee rouge..

in the next beta im deffo trying a melee rouge
    Martyn - Hopefull rift will be good -.-

R-o-g-u-e.

AP = Attack Power
    Beware the Dragon!
    For you are Crunchy...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xRqz0udo.V0t0M is the build i used for this past beta. simple and to the point, high damage with the ability to get away if need be.

Updated; February 13, 2011; Nova Bench 3; Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate; AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3975 MHz; Graphics Card:Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 OC@960/1400
    Verified NovaBench Score: 1093
    Validated by CPU-Z

+ Reply to Thread