+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid tanking wep vs Expert epic dps wep

Default Raid tanking wep vs Expert epic dps wep

Heya all! I am abit unsure what to do. I got the tanking main hand from sparkle box. And since I don't know the stat weight for weapon dps. Which item would be better for melee dps mainly 38/38?

Fang of Ber
    Dps 620.6
    Dex 245
    Str 159
    Cp 100
    AP 94
    Proc: Chance on crit to deal 5-6k extra damage.

Vs

Ilrath's Warhammer.
    dps 740
    dex 230
    str 179

no proc.

I am guessing it would be the dps one. But I am not sure since I have no real numbers on wep dps.

Help would be appreciated

RIFT Guide Writer

The tank weapon is about 1.5k better dps.

Rift Master

You can also check for yourself fairly easily just by equipping the one weapon and seeing what damage each of your skills do, then switching to the other weapon and seeing the updated damage numbers. While the damage that's displayed won't be the final damage that's done (since it won't include things like resistance/armor of the boss, buffs and debuffs from the raid, etc.), it does show the base damage so you can see which one is better relative to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    You can also check for yourself fairly easily just by equipping the one weapon and seeing what damage each of your skills do, then switching to the other weapon and seeing the updated damage numbers. While the damage that's displayed won't be the final damage that's done (since it won't include things like resistance/armor of the boss, buffs and debuffs from the raid, etc.), it does show the base damage so you can see which one is better relative to each other.
    Problem is aswell that I dont know how much off an abilities damage comes from wep dps? Also since I have 100+ dex rune on dps wep didn't seem like fair test. Didn't want to waste stars or rune removals for it. Especially not when my parses tend to varry quiet a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    The tank weapon is about 1.5k better dps.
    Wow really that much? So it's a 1.5k increase? **** did not think it would be that much

Telaran

The dex rune is irrelevant since the tank weapon would be better anyways despite it.

Weapon dps has a huge contribution in both melee and ranged specs. In fact so much so that there aren't any situations I can think of off the top of my head where a tank weapon (melee or ranged) of a higher tier isn't a dps gain over a lower tier dps weapon in their respective slots.

Ascendant

1 weapon dps is like 7ap, so do the math.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Thanks for all the answers guys! One more question, does weapon dps on offhand matter at all? (No I do not mean for Bladedancer) but for 38/38 does offhand dps matter? And does it matter equally much?

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    Thanks for all the answers guys! One more question, does weapon dps on offhand matter at all? (No I do not mean for Bladedancer) but for 38/38 does offhand dps matter? And does it matter equally much?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...them-here.html

Rift Disciple

Keep in mind that melee weapons are mere stat sticks for ranged specs.

So use the tank weapon for your melee specs and the dps weapon for your ranged specs.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aksinan View Post
    Problem is aswell that I dont know how much off an abilities damage comes from wep dps? Also since I have 100+ dex rune on dps wep didn't seem like fair test. Didn't want to waste stars or rune removals for it. Especially not when my parses tend to varry quiet a bit
    The weapon DPS is included in the calculations that show ability damage, so the only difference that your missing is rune values. Close enough you'll see the difference.

+ Reply to Thread