+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timed Focus Vs Repetitive Strike

Default Timed Focus Vs Repetitive Strike

Just want to have feedback on other rogue cause im not really sure which one is better.
    Months ago after the release of Nightmare Tide Timed focus is by far better... hands down but its been ninja nerfed/Change or maybe Fix to somehow make it equal to repetitive strike.
    I've been parsing alot lately and trying to compare this 2 masteries and ive been getting almost equal DPS(Nb/Sin,Assassin,Assdancer etc...) on both mastery

but the fact that Ethereal Damage only scales with CP and AP(Timed Focus) makes it worse than repetitive strike which modifies our damage from Damage Increasing cooldowns(Wild growth,orchestra,defend of the fallen etc...) and AP/CP increasing cooldowns(Enrage and Flaring Power)

also Timed Focus is by really really bad on target switching cause you need to build up the stacks on your target(Actually simple things like making it a selfbuff stacks instead of target stacks will fixed this issue)

So whats the point of timed focus? just want to know your opinion guys..go easy and keep your ego to yourself
    Last edited by mics001; 01-16-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Ascendant

Vladd broke something with Timed focus a while ago and didnt repair it problem. It used to deal more dmg, but i guess he forgot to fix it again due to his vacations.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Vladd broke something with Timed focus a while ago and didnt repair it problem. It used to deal more dmg, but i guess he forgot to fix it again due to his vacations.
    Nerfing it was intentional. The broken part was that it was nerfed far more than was intended, which has since been fixed.

I don't really see it as a which ability is better type of thing. To me it's more of a play style.

*TF is good for PvE and ST with lots of life.

*RS is more for PvP imo where you might have to switch targets.

Both are a good 6-7% damage add.

For pvp Timed focus all day every day. Ethereal damage doesn't get mitigated as much as other types of damage in pvp not to mention it is burst damage.
    So time in the hard hitting stuff for the 5 stack and watch people melt.
    Repetive strikes for everything else if we're talking ST damage.
    Last edited by Valfador; 01-26-2015 at 06:42 AM.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

+ Reply to Thread