+ Reply to Thread

Thread: riftstalker leveling after 50

Soulwalker

Default riftstalker leveling after 50

after hitting 50 I found that riftstalker seems useless now for solo leveling. It takes forever to kill any of the storm legion mobs. I can barely manage 400dps single target which is a pittance compared to the 1300 or so I get with bladedancer. Does this improve after 60 or is riftstalker pretty much just a group spec after 50?

tanks specs are pretty much always group specs; I'm sorry you spent so much time leveling in a tiny-dps spec

Soulwalker

it was not an issue till the mob density lowered when I hit storm legion. I could make up the gap in dps by just getting 4-6 mobs at a time. That just seems impractical when the mobs are a fair distance apart. In the time it would take to gather them up I would have burned them down with blade dancer or ranger. Mostly I am curious if the +20% from soul synthesis and losing the 30% dps penalty of guardian phase at 61 makes a difference.
    Last edited by Kelleg; 01-15-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Riftstalker is a tank spec, while it has the survivability you're clearly looking for it will take you forever and an age to level with it. s

There are many DPS specs + guides that can be found on the forums.

I would suggest 61NB as it has a big heal on it and you can do pretty decent AoE on multiple trash pulls.

Ranger (ugh) is your ranged spec with survivability also. Again you can be ranged with 61NB just need to be slightly closer to the mobs is all.
    Fail Rogue of <Vantage> @ Deepwood
    4/4 RoF 5/5 MS 1/3 TF

For leveling, try using the Bladestalker preset. With Vampiric Essence on both of your weapons, you are basically unkillable and you can easily shred through packs of enemies.

+ Reply to Thread