+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The rate the rogue build above you thread

Rift Chaser

Default The rate the rogue build above you thread

Nothing new, been done before. Rate/comment on the build above you then post your own.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xGt0tqcozk.x0z
    Purpose: Tanking in 5-mans and off-tanking in raids

Shadowlander

Looks good to me. Seen many builds where it goes all the way down riftstalker and many that don't. I personally am looking forward to Nightblade, such as the following:

Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker

I'm unsure how this would be endgame, but I find it very fun and fast (killing and leveling) from 6-20ish. Gives a mix between physical and magic damage, so that would benefit against people with resists and armor. Just some theory crafting, but definately gonna take a look at your build when possible (in game of course) it looks nice. I've never thought of going so high in BD.

Soulwalker

I like it, but I don't enjoy the stealthy assassin type that much anymore, last I liked in a game was EQ1 Rogue and FFXI's Thief.

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...nts=0&lang=eng

I played something similar to this in the last beta and enjoyed it a lot, a support focused rogue, riftstalker is there only for the Shadow Swift. Blade because I enjoy the combat style from it. To be honest it does not work that well, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Jinse your build looks fun actually.

I wanted a range fighter that had just enough melee to get out of trouble so I went with Ranger/Marks/Rift

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M___
    Beware the Dragon!
    For you are Crunchy...
    And taste good with Ketchup.

Your build is OK, but you're missing quite a bit from the bard tree. I understand you might not want to play a support class, but some of the best goodies are at the end.

http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...19,5_&lang=eng

My focus will be raiding and pvp, filling a buffing and healing niche.

Default Leveling / open pvp

I am leaning toward this build but I have a few potentials...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....hARctofozdo.V

I'd drop the riftstalker and toss in Sabo instead to get the 15% more dex which will scale as you do. I'd drop coup de grace for unstable state to make your heals and combo builders hit harder.

Not a bad spec, if you are going for a PVE spec then i would not use that one, PVP it has nice flexibility

I have been tweaking this spec for a good month now, this is a 100% PVE spec for max DPS.

Hellfire Blades
    Instant
    No Cost
    The Rogue enchants their weapons with Fire, and each weapon attack has a 20% chance to deal 9 Fire damage. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time.
    +
    Melted Skin for constant damage

Using the assassin tree for added crt hit chance, damage, and high posion proc rate. Also it give you a bleed.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0VRcxMbc.V0xM
    [_]--<("<) NERF HAMMER!
    Twitch
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLs! IF THEY POST SOMETHING SIMPLY IGNORE IT

Smiliar to the build I posted and I am sure it will give very nice PvE results... I think the positionals inside Assassin might edge out bladedancer for PvE dps if you actually keep position enough to make use of some of those talents... and just use the bladedancer tree to supplement damage.

So depending on the numbers you might give this one a go for your PvE max dps build... I am not sure if it will scale but in boss fights, I am guessing that it might edge out due to armor ignore attacks and lower energy cost for positionals + bleeds
    Last edited by Manmadegod; 01-31-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Shadowlander

Since there's no build above I'll just post a build

Here

Different website but still good. Only plan to invest properly in 2 souls so the ranger soul was kind of just a soul to help but not be worthless.

I thought it could be a decent set up with some range in case you ever need it (I've always found myself needing some range when melee) and also the melee and pet together could work well. It seems good to me on paper and so far in game it has been working nicely.

No reason to get so many combo builders and spend soul points to get advantages to assassin ones and to bladedancer... I'd probably go with something closer to this this for PvP or even PvE ---- if not pvp you can drop some of the pvp oriented parts and supplement your poison damage or drop a few more into bladedancer to increase rythyms etc.
    Last edited by Manmadegod; 01-31-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Shadowlander

I will probably try something like this

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoman View Post
    I will probably try something like this

i like it alot, tho the only thing i would change is taking out double cross and getting serated blades instead.

for my rogue, im probably gonna do a build very similar to urs, or like this: this

its a bit less dps, however it has alot of extras such as silence, stun, disarm, endless energy to spam more attacks, a slighty more powerful combo point generator and finisher, and a powerful 2min cd skill

pls give me feed back of what u guys think

Quote Originally Posted by LGshady View Post
    i like it alot, tho the only thing i would change is taking out double cross and getting serated blades instead.

for my rogue, im probably gonna do a build very similar to urs, or like this: this

its a bit less dps, however it has alot of extras such as silence, stun, disarm, endless energy to spam more attacks, a slighty more powerful combo point generator and finisher, and a powerful 2min cd skill

pls give me feed back of what u guys think
    I'd probably ditch a few minor things to clean up your build so that it was closer to something like this

I had a thought about a less sneaky more armor ignoring plate killer... in case warriors get too high and mighty. Warriorkiller

Shadowlander

whats so good about double cross? i c alot of people getting it in their builds, but imo, u would never use puncture or savage blow from behind ur enemy, because u should be spamming backstab for combo points every opportunity u can. backstab + advanced flankings can out dps any other combo point building skills. also, blade finese isnt a good skill at all, considering how weak and slow auto attacks r

and at above, i like ur build, i get that ur not trying to be sneaky, but i still think silent footsteps would be a good skill to get.
    also, ur build has no skills that blinks towards an enemy, even if u mostly go after warriors, ur gonna need advanced twilight force for the occasions to deal with kiters imo

Soulwalker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast