+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rogue 40-45k dps how..

Soulwalker

Default Rogue 40-45k dps how..

hello,

i am playing a rogue and try to figure out ranger spec .. i use ae spec as sab and support with bard spec as you know there is all ok with sab and support specs but i dont get enough dps with ranger spec..

can some skilled rogue ranger player tell me how much dex and crit power or other stat do i need to get 40or45 k dps on single target expert dungeon bosses.. i can do about 22 to 29k atm. i use pet and all cds included

i have 4647 dex
    Attack power : 6935
    Crit Power : 1347
    Hit: 950

PS: i played lots of games but in rift there is a problem that not so many people know how much stats is needed to gain the dps you need to enter some instanced the ppls in game asking...

reroll a mage and use pyro

Rift Disciple

first of all nice guide you got there. the rogue discussions thread was just a few inches above this. delete your ranger spec and learn to use 61 sin, nb sin, bd sin, reroll if you want to range dps something .

Quote Originally Posted by Sezer View Post

can some skilled rogue ranger player tell me how much dex and crit power or other stat do i need to get 40or45 k dps on single target expert dungeon bosses.. i can do about 22 to 29k atm. i use pet and all cds included

i have 4647 dex
    Attack power : 6935
    Crit Power : 1347
    Hit: 950
    I don't know if there are any "skilled rogue ranger players" simply because when in doubt don't run ranger is usually the motto. NB/Sin pulls more ranged dps for me personally.

But to get more dps on a dummy. Specifically Raid boss dummy. You'd have to do a couple of things.

1. Get your Stats up. duhhh I mean by gear, essences, PA, runes, w/e.
    2. The purple weapons from dungeons Fang of Ber, Nightweaver, Black stilletto will be a much needed dps gain without necessarily getting other gear. SO FARM!
    3. Get your hit up
    4. Personally make a decision to either to maximize a stat like cp or ap. Just dont find yourself in a limbo of stats is what I am saying.
    BIG

You'll pull 40k+ once you get over 6000 dex, 9000 ap, 1500+ cp and a 700+ dps weapon.

Telaran

Default screw ranger

curently ranger is completly dead for all raids.
    38/38 pulls same dps as ranger pretty much on range but without a problematic pet and its our best raiding spec so geting a hang of it in experts is worth it.

around 50 k ranged dps (sry no precise parses cba atm) with 38/38 (cancel heat rentention with use up of heat rentention form range a few times to lazy to outmacro it atm)
    and ranger

both specs lvl 65 mastery planar conservation and same lvl weapons (expert epics)

38/38

9476 ap
    5934 pc (25,29 percent)
    2219 cp (28,4 percent)

ranger:

10736 ap
    5934 pc (32,29 percent)
    2219 cp (38,40 percent )

1050 hit (not using tanking tier 1 maze to have similar setup for both specs )

check gery's ranger guide if u think u got sth to mid max :
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

but better learn 38/38 if u seriously gona raid.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...in-hybrid.html

hope this helps

Plane Touched

I really don't know why the 38/38 spec doesn't work for me, but it massively doesn't. Even against the regular training dummy in Margle, I'm getting these numbers:

61 Bard/10 Sab/5 Marksman = 20k DPS (without any cycles of Virtuoso)
    38/38 NB/Sin = 22k DPS
    61 Ranger/12 Sin/3 Marksman = 34k DPS

And that's with a sparkle box raid weapon in the main hand. Granted, it's a tank weapon, but it's still 740 vs my 724 bow.

One of the other posts I saw talked about how the 38/38 would outdamage Ranger even purely from range, which means nothing but Fiery Spike and Twilight force. So I tried that and it was laughable how bad it was.
    Last edited by Matuse; 01-08-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I really don't know why the 38/38 spec doesn't work for me, but it massively doesn't. Even against the regular training dummy in Margle, I'm getting these numbers:

38/38 NB/Sin = 22k DPS

And that's with a sparkle box raid weapon in the main hand. Granted, it's a tank weapon, but it's still 740 vs my 724 bow.

One of the other posts I saw talked about how the 38/38 would outdamage Ranger even purely from range, which means nothing but Fiery Spike and Twilight force. So I tried that and it was laughable how bad it was.
    You know there are other abilities you should be using, like Death from the Shadows and Dusk to Dawn. If you only use Fiery Spike and Twilight force, you're going to have a bad time.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Ascendant

Flame thrust? Death from the Shadows? Dusk to Dawn? Are you applying poisons?

Your comment is laughable , not nbsin from range.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Prophet of Telara

38/38 NB/Sin = 22k DPS

This is one of the reasons why sparkle quest is a freaking joke...

Right now for me nbsin is parsing like 12k higher dps on PTS dummy. in a raid enviroment it would be even higher probably. And yes nbsin does more dmg just using it at range than ranger. the only skills you cant use in a pure range rotation are backstab punture and dusk strike.

Just a proof of nbsins dps http://i.imgur.com/Ab3QiHA.jpg

Plane Touched

The 22k figure was not from range, but in melee using everything. The ranged figure was horrendously bad and didn't merit mentioning. Yes, I missed that Death From The Shadows and Dusk To Dawn have ranged components to them. Wouldn't really matter. If using them in melee sucked, then using them at range is not going to constitute an improvement.

My apologies for not mentioning Flame Thrust and Poisons. I allowed myself to forget what kind of nit-picking feeps tend to pop up in game forums, and didn't think it necessary to mention the only ranged finisher and the basic buffs. Clearly a huge error on my part in the allowances I made for you.

Leaving that aside, the spec doesn't work for me...at all. Hell, ordering the raptor to attack the dummy and then just sitting there with auto-attack and nothing else is doing 4.2k by itself. Nearly a quarter of the damage I was generating from active NB/Sin attacks.

This is one of the reasons why sparkle quest is a freaking joke...
    Higher damage weapon is a higher damage weapon. Whether it has Guard or a damage stat on it, the sparkle box weapon I have mainhanded is over 200 DPS higher than the weapon it replaced, and that's not including its vastly higher Dex stat. It's also higher than my bow, and neither of them has a proc (which wouldn't matter anyway, since those procs would go off regardless of whether or not the weapon was the one doing the attacking).

Prophet of Telara

The 22k figure was not from range, but in melee using everything. The ranged figure was horrendously bad and didn't merit mentioning. Yes, I missed that Death From The Shadows and Dusk To Dawn have ranged components to them. Wouldn't really matter. If using them in melee sucked, then using them at range is not going to constitute an improvement.

My apologies for not mentioning Flame Thrust and Poisons. I allowed myself to forget what kind of nit-picking feeps tend to pop up in game forums, and didn't think it necessary to mention the only ranged finisher and the basic buffs. Clearly a huge error on my part in the allowances I made for you.

Leaving that aside, the spec doesn't work for me...at all. Hell, ordering the raptor to attack the dummy and then just sitting there with auto-attack and nothing else is doing 4.2k by itself. Nearly a quarter of the damage I was generating from active NB/Sin attacks.

Higher damage weapon is a higher damage weapon. Whether it has Guard or a damage stat on it, the sparkle box weapon I have mainhanded is over 200 DPS higher than the weapon it replaced, and that's not including its vastly higher Dex stat. It's also higher than my bow, and neither of them has a proc (which wouldn't matter anyway, since those procs would go off regardless of whether or not the weapon was the one doing the attacking).

What i was triying to say is that sparkle boxes is giving gear to people who has no idea how to use it....

Its not that the spec doesnt work for you, its you dont know how to use it...But instead of asking for some tips or explain what are you doing so we can help you, you came here saying that nbsin dps is laughable.

Prophet of Telara

Im just curious now, Could you please explain us what are you doing with nbsin? whats your opener?, how do you handle energy?, some key points in your rotation etc etc

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    You'll pull 40k+ once you get over 6000 dex, 9000 ap, 1500+ cp and a 700+ dps weapon.
    This^^^

It's all about the gear and the stats it brings with it.
    Dreambreaker Zithsic - P100 Warrior
    Officer in Grievance

Plane Touched

What i was triying to say is that sparkle boxes is giving gear to people who has no idea how to use it....
    Which is so much elitist nonsense. You don't "use" gear. You put it on and it works. Rift is incredibly simplistic that way, and one of the things I really don't like about the game - I can't even tell you the name of a single item I wear because I've never bothered to learn it. It doesn't matter. Items are just generic blobs of stats. One is a purple hat from an expert. Another is boots I got for void stones and upgraded with void accelerators. Another came from a mink trove. Whatever. I can still tell you the names of the items I had on my first DikuMUD character, and it's been almost 20 years since I played it. I doubt I'll ever learn the name of any Rift item.

you came here saying that nbsin dps is laughable.
    I'll remember in the future to not expect you to be able to read an entire comment, and that you'll cherry pick for whatever it is you want to read. Thanks for the heads up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast