+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue Changes and 3.1

Plane Walker

Default Rogue Changes and 3.1

Anyone have any idea what will be happening with rogues in 3.1?

Will we see the Ranger revamp and the new pet?
    Will we see whatever is being done with MM? Hopefully that includes Decoy being fed into a wood chipper.
    The back half of the buffs to bring Bard up to Oracle levels?
    Anything to make Tactician useful beyond a single hybrid healing build?
    Anything for Saboteur? "Making it more than a 1 button macro soul" was mentioned. On 12/13/2013.
    I don't really follow tanking as much, so I'll just assume everything's running smoothly with Riftstalker right now.

I know that we're not likely to see any sort of official word in the near future, but does anyone have some inside information on these things?

Proly not, and that's why I made me a mage wich is now my main

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    The back half of the buffs to bring Bard up to Oracle levels?
    As far as I know, bard can be more overall raid dps (at least in 20 mans) than oracle now: Coda of Jeopardy scales with gear, unlike the equivalent oracle skill, Corroded Defense. Bard is actually in an OK spot right now, although its personal dps is a bit under Oracle. This is gear dependent ofc, on my parses I saw the Oracle one at ~400 dps and the bard on at ~1600 dps (so bard has 20k extra raid damage). And bard healing is still sort of useful (can use on Ungolok progression if having issues with raid heals).

Quote Originally Posted by S3mp View Post
    Coda of Jeopardy scales with gear, unlike the equivalent oracle skill, Corroded Defense.
    Jeopardy/Illum/Spotters/Oraclething have always been static values. The martial versions suddenly scaling with AP is almost certainly unintended and will be addressed shortly. It's absolutely not a reason to disregard the previous bard/oracle dynamic, even if guilds are piling on for extra DPS the way that some did with Necrotic Core in the very recent past.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Jeopardy/Illum/Spotters/Oraclething have always been static values. The martial versions suddenly scaling with AP is almost certainly unintended
    I don't really know how that would happen by accident, since this was not one of the skills changed in the bard tree iirc.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by S3mp View Post
    I don't really know how that would happen by accident, since this was not one of the skills changed in the bard tree iirc.
    With the one rank change that all classes underwent in Nightmare Tide, it is quite possible that a tag or toggle was missed. Now that I'm back in the office, I'll be looking into it.

For the record, it should not be scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    I don't really follow tanking as much, so I'll just assume everything's running smoothly with Riftstalker right now.
    I wish Riftstalker had something like Devout Deflection from Justicar and Flowing Guard from Arbitier, I wanna get some use from the STR I have.

Also I wish Bladedancer would provice a better choice for a dogde specc, without losing so much HP/mitigation for so little dogde%.

Maybe a summon/taunt like Fae Extraction (I think?) working like a single target Planar Atraction, so it doesn't hurt the teleport style of RS abd don't copy all other tank pulls.

#mmtopsdeepz
    Kalygos - Kallyh
    Virus@Deepwood
    "Most cleaved rogue WW - Thanks, Wayyne"

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    With the one rank change that all classes underwent in Nightmare Tide, it is quite possible that a tag or toggle was missed. Now that I'm back in the office, I'll be looking into it.

Well, there goes the usefullness of Bard in raids.
    -Smarted the Awesome

any plans to make it so bards are useful again in raid or just nerf them so Oracle wins again?

Ascendant

At least gve bard 35 m range by default like oracle have.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    By default for Oracle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    By default for Oracle?
    Pretty much, yeah. Think it was brought up before in a discussion about Rogue masteries. Ah, here is:

When it comes to range increases, clerics have the option to increase all ranged by 5m, ride the lightning/fae step by 10m, and fervent strike to 20m. Mages likewise have the option to increase all ranged by 5m (Healing Exigency), and Blade Rush and Avalanche by 10m (Sparkling Destruction). Warriors can increase their charges/teleports by 4m, Reckless/Pacifying Strike to 20m, and already have 35m coverage within their ranged soul.

That does leave rogues as the only calling without a charge range increase and a need to use DPS-impacting subsouls instead of masteries to obtain 35m range with a ranged soul.

Plane Touched

O cool, so we're getting another nerf (intentional or not) where we already need a buff instead to bring us on par with other callings ?

Just checking the logic here ...

Pretty much, yeah. Think it was brought up before in a discussion about Rogue masteries. Ah, here is:
    Yes but that's another topic then, right? Would make more sense to ask for a mastery like that instead of giving Bard 35m.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Default range on all codas is now 35m. Will be in next week's patch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast